Booker could replace Brown seriously... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker could replace Brown seriously...

No Not madden reality Im not bashing Ronnie as a player, but as a starting NFL running back, his Stats do not scare anyone.

Everyone sees the whole we paid X million so he will start figures, but if he isn't productive 1000 yards come on thats nothing anymore in the NFL if you don't have 1000 yds as the starting RB you shouldn't be a starter in this league Ronnie should be getting 1300 yds a season.

OK I'm a chump, but mark my words Im bookmarking this post. When the season is over I'm willing to bet Booker is the NFL running back rookie of the year...

If I lose I will profess my stupidity for all to see..

might as well start now.

You Ronnie bashers have to get over this "I expect more from the #2 pick" crap. Have you compared Ronnie to the last 10 years of #2 picks in the draft! The draft is nothing but a "3 out of 10" crapshoot. The bashing is fine if makes some sense, but who you comparing Ronnie to? We desperately needed a runner in 2005 because Ricky was being Ricky.
lot of it has to do with the way a guy is "built" for the position. Lorenzo has narrow hips runs upright and he'll get "tripped a lot" At 190 he's too light to pound up the middle. Warrick Dunn is wide-hipped like Barry Sanders, Tiki Barber and even though these guys are light they run with such a low center of gravity they can run between the tackles because their balance is exceptional. Ronnie's a larger version of Booker; he's got a narrow built and runs high, he gets tripped up a lot. However, Ronnie is strong that if you hit him from the waist up, he'll blast thru you. Because of his straight up style and his ability to withstand punishment, he takes a lot of hard shots and we'll be prone to injuries and he played hurt all year. (groin and hand)
Still I think the Ronnie bashers are simply unable to deal with his "production" as a #2 draft pick. They seem to equate the #2 pick as someone that wil be great the moment they step on the field. Given the history of high draft picks in the last 10 years, this is simply delusional. It should work that way because we're paying them that way, but reality says different. Forget about draft status, it's Wayne's money, is the guy productive when healthy yes!

Yeah he missed 3 games and still went over 1,000 yerads behind a ****ty line, a hot and cold QB situation, and WRs that dropped a few balls a game that should have been caught. Ur right, he sucks. He is our starter and Booker willl be his backup now but with Ricky taking the high road again we need to add another RB

Yeah he missed 3 games and still went over 1,000 yerads behind a ****ty line, a hot and cold QB situation, and WRs that dropped a few balls a game that should have been caught. Ur right, he sucks. He is our starter and Booker willl be his backup now but with Ricky taking the high road again we need to add another RB for insurance.

im one of the biggest booker fans but thats crazy talk. Brown should get atleast 20 touches per game this year.... c'mon. anyone thinking Booker could start over him is seriously clueless about Brown and his potential. Dont under-estimate him........ you think you'll pull this thread back up when booker is the starter....... maybe i'll pull it back up when Ronnie makes the pro-bowl and booker got 300 yards and a td.

Forget the 2nd overall pick in the draft garbage, and look at it from a production standpoint. Ronnie brown will be in his 3rd Year now for the Miami Dolphins and besides showing some flashes of greatness he has not been up to the #2 pick in the Draft so far...

Maybe that will change last year he had a chance to shine, and he did not in my eyes. Average year for a Starting RB at best.

Booker was brought in because of cams desire for a quicker back. If Ronnie isnt getting the yards and Booker out performs him I honestly think we might see Booker as the featured back, of course not this year but next year unless Ronnie mans up and packs it in this year...

Quick stats for 2006

1008 Yds on 241 carries 4.2yds per carry and 5 touchdowns. 23rd in the league.

10th in the AFC alone..

Ronnie Brown started 12 ****ing games behind an average at best offensive line. :rolleyes2

Some math for you - if he had started all 16 with his averages, he'd of rushed for 1,344 yards and 7 TD's. (and yes, it says he played 13, but he played one game injured)

No Not madden reality Im not bashing Ronnie as a player, but as a starting NFL running back, his Stats do not scare anyone.

Everyone sees the whole we paid X million so he will start figures, but if he isn't productive 1000 yards come on thats nothing anymore in the NFL if you don't have 1000 yds as the starting RB you shouldn't be a starter in this league Ronnie should be getting 1300 yds a season.

OK I'm a chump, but mark my words Im bookmarking this post. When the season is over I'm willing to bet Booker is the NFL running back rookie of the year...

If I lose I will profess my stupidity for all to see..

The thing is your right about the 1000 yrd mark. It's not a big deal anymore for a running back to get a 1000 yrds a season. Brown has to do better than that...

Booker will be a good player and bring good speed in the open field to the RB position but he's not an every down back and will be spotted in here and there and on 3rd downs.

NO... he will be a great back for screens so that he can get out into open space and a good special team returner, but not an everydown back.

how can you say that?

the best RB will be the starter...whether it be ronnie, booker, or whomever

lets not forget lorenzo's pedigree. number #2 player in the nation out of hs, only reggie bush was better. booker has serious talent and potential. pretty much the same as ronnie.
That's funny you say that cause Reggie Bush doesnt even start in New Orleans Deuce Mcallister does. Reggie Bush and Lorenzo Booker are not feature backs. They are to small and cannot take the vigourous pounding that a feature back can. Thats why him and booker are the x factor backs. Give them 15-25 touches some by pass and some by hand offs.

stupid post, EVERY stat says you don't have a clue

Here here, my goodness as if Ronnie Brown needs to put the stadium on his back and swim around Bicayne Bay as well.

The comparison to Barry Sanders isn't very good one either if folks would remember Detriot ran the run and shoot they had 4 WR and no FB, the field was always open for Sanders to run especially when Detriots BETTER WR were on the field, like Herman Moore the "D" couldn't focus on Sanders quite so much.

Hmm, gee maybe that is why we drafted ginn....

I like brown but he needs to really take over the game. If Cam Cameron runs this offense like anything in San Diego than Brown needs to make huge strides.

Cam's whole offense is based on the running backs and tight ends and what they do, just look at Tomlinson and Parker for further..

[mod]comment on the post, not the poster[/mod]
and who has produced offensively for FSU lately?

ronnie brown also failed to produce in college, as well as the NFL

itd be one thing to stand up for brown if he has produced. but he hasnt. 10th in the afc is not good. you can blame it on mularky all you want, but buffalo's run game was much better than ours when he was coaching up there
lol

He has produced, but not a superstar level, but how about he is given a chance to do so first before you consider him unworthy of the lofty #2 status. And Buffalo had a better oline then ours, we've had a basement dwellers offensive line, watching the unit at work could only be labeled as obscene. So all of your agruments are invalid
hsugh-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom