Booker & Welker no.1 and 2 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker & Welker no.1 and 2

Tone_E said:
Umm, first of all, how many reverses do you know go for 61 yards? Sorry, what did you say? Thats right, "Not Many".

Remember James McKnight's 68 yard reverse?

Second, that one diving catch he made in the endzone, but went out of bounds is a ball that only elite WRs in the game can catch.

Oronde Gadsden caught plenty of passes that no one else could catch. Would you consider him an elite receiver?

Isnt living up to his potential.....hmmmmmm......IMO, he already has, and will continue to amaze critics, aheeem, uneducated critics such as yourself, while on his way to 1000+ yards. :fire:

No, he hasn't lived up to his potential. You're actually putting him down by saying he has.

byroan said:
There was no one around him. He stepped out of bounds on his own. What'd he do on the reverse? Just run the ball. He had blockers and all he did was run. Any of the other receivers could have done the same.
what is ur problem dude? hes the most talented player on our team...period! except taylor and brown (maybe)

byroan said:
Remember James McKnight's 68 yard reverse?

Oronde Gadsden caught plenty of passes that no one else could catch. Would you consider him an elite receiver?

No, he hasn't lived up to his potential. You're actually putting him down by saying he has.
he was not a 1st rounder buddy. imo he is the 4th most talented reciever in the nfl under moss, owens, holt and harrison...o and guess what, they all have pro bowl qbs

Man oh man

Chambers is a solid WR. He played a decent game. It wasn't great but he made up for some of his mistakes in other areas of the game.

I will say this, we all saw why Chambers isn't an elite WR. He messes up certain opportunites.

Take the fumble for instance. The dropped pass is a perfect example. Those of you saying he was held or whatever need to seriously watch the game with unbiased glasses. It is clear he did what every single WR coach will tell you not to do. He tried to catch it with his body and not his hands. By the way to the one saying he only had one hand free. That is funny, because every replay showed it hitting his biceps and both hands were free.

But it is plays like this, not lack of o-line or bad QB, it is plays like that that have plagued him his whole career and that is why he is not an elite yet.

All in all, he played a decent game. He may have made some mistakes but he also had some nice blocks and had a nice run. However, no one was around him, he should have never stepped out of bounds lol. That was a sure TD.

But I don't see how Chambers can be knocked after this game. No player is perfect.

Ark139954 said:
he was not a 1st rounder buddy. imo he is the 4th most talented reciever in the nfl under moss, owens, holt and harrison...o and guess what, they all have pro bowl qbs

Chambers doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same category as those guys. Those guys will make any QB look good. That would also make him the 5th WR. You named 4. Chad Johnson is better than Chambers.

Ark139954 said:
what is ur problem dude? hes the most talented player on our team...period! except taylor and brown (maybe)

In your opinion he is. I don't have a problem. :confused:

GRYPHONK said:
Man oh man

Chambers is a solid WR. He played a decent game. It wasn't great but he made up for some of his mistakes in other areas of the game.

I will say this, we all saw why Chambers isn't an elite WR. He messes up certain opportunites.

Take the fumble for instance. The dropped pass is a perfect example. Those of you saying he was held or whatever need to seriously watch the game with unbiased glasses. It is clear he did what every single WR coach will tell you not to do. He tried to catch it with his body and not his hands. By the way to the one saying he only had one hand free. That is funny, because every replay showed it hitting his biceps and both hands were free.

But it is plays like this, not lack of o-line or bad QB, it is plays like that that have plagued him his whole career and that is why he is not an elite yet.

All in all, he played a decent game. He may have made some mistakes but he also had some nice blocks and had a nice run. However, no one was around him, he should have never stepped out of bounds lol. That was a sure TD.

But I don't see how Chambers can be knocked after this game. No player is perfect.

:yeahthat:

I haven't knocked him. I just think he had a bad game for the reasons you mentioned.

byroan said:
Chambers had a bad game. He had a fumble, a drop, he stepped out of bounds on the reverse. Chambers isn't living up to his potential.

Why is everyone on CC after just one game? Like he meant to step out of bounds. Why do you think the other guys got so open? CC is a beast! He will come around. Sure he dropped a TD. His fumble was caused by the awkward way his leg planted, and his knee jarred the ball loose. Booker did make a lot of hands only catches. Also, the other CC (crowder) looked pretty good as well.

dol_fan_in_tampa said:
Why is everyone on CC after just one game? Like he meant to step out of bounds. Why do you think the other guys got so open? CC is a beast! He will come around. Sure he dropped a TD. His fumble was caused by the awkward way his leg planted, and his knee jarred the ball loose. Booker did make a lot of hands only catches. Also, the other CC (crowder) looked pretty good as well.

From everyone's quotes and comments. Everyone isn't on CC, only I am. I don't see anyone bashing the guy that said Chambers sucked.

I know one thing though, I'll never say another player had a bad game because it gets taken out of context.

Welker looks great. I hope he got that fumble out of his system now. Shades of Steve Tasker.

Chambers and fans like to think of him being in the top 5 in the league class. Yes he has a good game I would say.. Even Jerry Rice dropped a few in his day... But what he couldve done yesterday if he didnt step out of bounds.. and caught that pass in the endzone is what makes the great receivers great... Chambers has 15 games at redemption

GRYPHONK said:
Man oh man

L.Coles dropped a pass that was right in his hands. If it wasn't for Chambers, Miami wouldn't have moved the ball as well as they did, because he caught ,many passes on third down. He barely touched the line, I didn't even see him touch it, in case you didn't notice there was defender that was closing on him at the sideline, so he made a nice cutback, which unfortunatley a mm of his toe touched the line. He was getting open fast though aginst Bailey, and helping Frerotte out. He also brought the D on him, becuase I know Denver was trying to do everything possible to stop Chambers for going deep, that opened the door for Booker though, who si a great complement to Chambers.

All I care about is the fact that Chambers is the reciever defensive coaches worry about the most. As long as they do that that opens up the field for more players to step up including Marty Booker, who IMO is actually the best overall reciever on the team.

Back
Top Bottom