Booker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker

SuperDuperFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
One of the guys who is being forgotten about in the great week 1 win is marty booker. There were a lot of people questioning him in here during the preseason and Im glad he put the critics to rest (at least for now). Im curious to see if anyone else thinks he could have a breakout year this year. Most of us are talking about chambers being the benefactor of the new offense, but booker is a very well rounded player who might just surprise. How many td's u think he will end up with?

I think 1,000 recieving yards and 10td's certainly isnt out of the question.

Kudos to Booker!!!! Im going to put a Pic of him on MySpace.com

I am not surprised by how well Marty Booker played. What does surprise me is the almost non-existence of David Boston. I know it would be a lot to ask for, but I would love to see both Chambers and Booker break the 1000 barrier.

Alot of people forget that

SuperDuperFan said:
One of the guys who is being forgotten about in the great week 1 win is marty booker. There were a lot of people questioning him in here during the preseason and Im glad he put the critics to rest (at least for now). Im curious to see if anyone else thinks he could have a breakout year this year. Most of us are talking about chambers being the benefactor of the new offense, but booker is a very well rounded player who might just surprise. How many td's u think he will end up with?

I think 1,000 recieving yards and 10td's certainly isnt out of the question.

Marty Booker is a two time pro bowler whos's had more than 1 1k+ yds recieving season.

As much as we all love Chris Chamber's potential, Marty Booker can flat out play. Last year was a fluke for him.

I can see him making big plays all season long. I got used to seeing him running down the sideline almost every weekend for the bears a few years back.

Chambers will pick it up, we could have one dangerous offense once Boston gets back to the speedn of the game, and gets some rust off, plus ricky coming back, and Welker being used more too. Chambers did alright, he'll pick it up next week.

Thats ok, let Boston be silent! He will come out next week. No sense in having all our weapons exposed during a 34-10 rout! Lets save some secrets!

rhadaddy said:
Marty Booker is a two time pro bowler whos's had more than 1 1k+ yds recieving season.

As much as we all love Chris Chamber's potential, Marty Booker can flat out play. Last year was a fluke for him.

I was a critical of Booker going into this season. He does have a solid football resume. He was good last week, I hope he keeps impressing. I think the emergence of Wes Welker as WR will benefit Booker/Chambers.

Truth is, we have an excellent WR corpse, that just haven't had anybody to throw them the ball. I think Gus has shown he is capable of doing just that. We dominated Denver through the air. Who'd of thunk it?

People have to remember about Boston is that this is his first game in two years.

Booker was outstanding. I love the way he ran away from the 2 Bronco defenders. And you are right, he definitely deserves some love for his performance. I hope he keeps it up. It will also force teams to pay more attention to him and that could help chris chambers.

KuD said:
I didn't forget about him. I picked him up on my fantasy team. ;)

Me too he went completly undrafted in a 15 team league with 4 wr spots. I actually missed my alarm and the computer drafted for me. I had a freakin bum and went to find someone and booker was there. Although i hate pickin dolphins i did and boy am glad i did.

Chambers, Booker and Welker all had very good games. Welker is a perfect slot receiver, which is not going to help Boston get into the lineup for many plays, I think he is more suited to be on the outside. We'll probably only see him in spread formations and to give Chambers/Booker a breather. Still, that's one hell of a backup option...

What was particularly nice was having guys like Booker and Welker step up and get it done when Chambers and Boston struggled a little. So much depth that they'll be able to compensate for various guys having "off" games. Then imagine when they are firing on all cylinders. I think this is going to be a multi-dimensional offense that takes advantages of mismatches with all the talent. Think of the third receiver, either speed with Welker or size and strength with Boston and the 1-2 punch of Brown/Williams. This offense could have the potential to cause some serious problems with defenses especially if Gus can manage games as well as he did Sunday. I'm pretty excited.

i think wes welker could be really huge this year a little like brandon stokley

Back
Top Bottom