Booker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker

SuperDuperFan said:
One of the guys who is being forgotten about in the great week 1 win is marty booker. There were a lot of people questioning him in here during the preseason and Im glad he put the critics to rest (at least for now). Im curious to see if anyone else thinks he could have a breakout year this year. Most of us are talking about chambers being the benefactor of the new offense, but booker is a very well rounded player who might just surprise. How many td's u think he will end up with?

I think 1,000 recieving yards and 10td's certainly isnt out of the question.

Well, I can say that I have said that too many people are putting Booker down. He is a very good reciever. This could be a strong year fo him because CC is going to be covered by the best CB the other team has and Boston and McMike are dangerous in the middle of the field...that leaves Booker with the generally weaker coverage guys...He'll burn them when given the chance...just like last week...(oh, I forgot...he only caught the long pass because the defender was dehydrated and weak from the heat....LOL...fine, let'm think that way....)

KuD said:
Truth is, we have an excellent WR corpse, that just haven't had anybody to throw them the ball. I think Gus has shown he is capable of doing just that. We dominated Denver through the air. Who'd of thunk it?

Man I hope they're not dead :tongue:

finswin56 said:
Man I hope they're not dead :tongue:
boston dropped a really nice diving catch that he laid out for

KuD said:
Truth is, we have an excellent WR corpse, that just haven't had anybody to throw them the ball. I think Gus has shown he is capable of doing just that. We dominated Denver through the air. Who'd of thunk it?

Just remember, he showed this in 1 game. Matter of fact he only showed that in 1 half after Bailey went down to injuries. Prior to that he played pretty pitifully he constantly threw behind Welker when he had plenty of room to run had the throw been on target. On the flip side, Frerotte does end up with the best passing performance of the week if butter fingers Chambers catches that sure TD pass lol

Now I am not making excuses because Frerotte definitely deserves to be recognized for his game.

I am just keeping it in perspective. Remember Fiedler had a better daypassing quite a few times and Feeley once or twice last year.

Let's just not get ahead of ourselves and say he has proven anything yet. After 1 week the only thing the Phins have proven is they are a different team then last year.

If Frerotte just plays half as good as he played the second half this will be a very good season for us.

Ronnie Brown will help that out alot. I think he is ourbest blocker

KuD said:

I think you mean "corps" as in "Marine Corps"....or perhaps "core" as in center.

A corpse is a dead body.

tucker said:
boston dropped a really nice diving catch that he laid out for

Watching the replay over and over, do you think he really needed to dive for the ball. I saw him having to pull his arms back a bit implying he misjudged it.

Boston missed 2 plays.

If he can just make those catches this team will be really explosive.

I guarantee you, most teams will say that Chambers is our best WR however, Wes Welker is our x-factor. Unlike the rest of our WR'S he was open on every single pass attempt wasn't he?

When you mix all four of them together we have a very nice future at WR.

yankeehillbilly said:
I think you mean "corps" as in "Marine Corps"....or perhaps "core" as in center.

A corpse is a dead body.

It's corps, not core. The applicable definition is:

A body of persons acting together or associated under common direction: the press corps

I love seeing just about everybody but PressCoverage supporting Booker the way I have been doing since the day he joined this team.

LarryFinFan said:
Well, I can say that I have said that too many people are putting Booker down. He is a very good reciever. This could be a strong year fo him because CC is going to be covered by the best CB the other team has and Boston and McMike are dangerous in the middle of the field...that leaves Booker with the generally weaker coverage guys...He'll burn them when given the chance...just like last week...(oh, I forgot...he only caught the long pass because the defender was dehydrated and weak from the heat....LOL...fine, let'm think that way....)

I think it will be a good year for both Booker and Chambers, becuase eventually teams will have to pay attention to Booker, as well to Chambers, I think Chambers will do well regardless, but things will open up even more when that happens, Boston hasn't played in two years, so he's going to a little rusty, but I think he will get back into it again.

Jimmy James said:
I love seeing just about everybody but PressCoverage supporting Booker the way I have been doing since the day he joined this team.
Bro I have been on the Booker band wagon even through all the trade Booker here and there threads! I enjoyed watching Booker and Welker making some catches yesterday! :)

Jimmy James said:

i've been right there with you. But we know how this site works. Everybody on here hates espn, but there a lot like espn in a lot of ways. As soon as someone does something good they all jump on the bandwagon.

I really wish we had made a list of the die hards like the two of you back when everybody was dogging Booker. It would make it much easier to make sure everybody in that boat got their due. I know that there were a nice minority of us in that position, even if we were usually roundly outnumbered.

Marty Booker is a very consistent receiver. With Scott L coming from Minnesota(Notice how bad the Vikings offense was), our offense has a chance to be very good. We have very good Wr's, Great Te, alot of depth at running back, and a VERY GOOD DEFENSE. Our offense just has to take advantage of field position and turnovers. Look at the difference in field position during the broncos game. If u win those key battles , you have a very good chance of being successful

Back
Top Bottom