Booker | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker

wazzy said:
All 3 of our recievers(Chambers Boston Booker) all have pro Bowl potential im just glad they can step up and make some plays. If 1 or 2 of those recievers step up every game then we will have a solid offence.
The four wide receivers, you can't forget Welker.

SuperDuperFan said:
One of the guys who is being forgotten about in the great week 1 win is marty booker. There were a lot of people questioning him in here during the preseason and Im glad he put the critics to rest (at least for now). Im curious to see if anyone else thinks he could have a breakout year this year. Most of us are talking about chambers being the benefactor of the new offense, but booker is a very well rounded player who might just surprise. How many td's u think he will end up with?

I think 1,000 recieving yards and 10td's certainly isnt out of the
question.

Booker was already known as a standout possession receiver in Chicago, its just that many Miami fans didnt know it, myself included until I talked to some Chicago fans after we made the trade last year.

Jimmy James said:
That's it -- you made me laugh. Welcome back off my ignore list. Keep it up, and this might just be permanent. ;)

If you need more to validate what I have said about Booker, tune in the rest of the season. It's going to come at you good and plenty.

If Booker being better than Chambers is our worst problem this year Ill take it!:D

I was excited to get Booker when we traded for him, and I hoped last year was an anomaly. I definitely wasn't calling for his release, especially with Derrius Thompson still on the team.

Jimmy James said:
It's corps, not core. The applicable definition is:

A body of persons acting together or associated under common direction: the press corps

depends on usage. You could say we have a pretty good receiver core...meaning that our base starting receivers are good, but the backups might not be.

Or, you could say we have a pretty good receiver corps....meaning that the group as a whole is good.

Both words would be correct if used in these contexts.
However, the only context in which "corpse" would be accurate is if we had deceased players catching passes from Frerotte. I know Gus is old, but he isnt THAT old :lol:

Jimmy James said:
:shakeno:

Perhaps he didn't know the offense because he was right off the bus. Who was there to teach him the O? Foerster? That's a laugh. It took him a while to get adjusted. Now that there is an actual offense in place, you'll see that he looks like himself again.

Thank you for making sense and taking the time to respond to that statement

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Boston, and Chambers have some catching up to do as far as catches go to Booker, and Welker.

I'll go far out on a limb and predict that somehow someway Chambers will have more catches than Welker this year. Just a hunch...

SuperDuperFan said:
One of the guys who is being forgotten about in the great week 1 win is marty booker. There were a lot of people questioning him in here during the preseason and Im glad he put the critics to rest (at least for now). Im curious to see if anyone else thinks he could have a breakout year this year. Most of us are talking about chambers being the benefactor of the new offense, but booker is a very well rounded player who might just surprise. How many td's u think he will end up with?

I think 1,000 recieving yards and 10td's certainly isnt out of the question.

I'm stunned at how Marty Booker was so dogged this off-season... almost like everyone forgot he caught 195 passes in 2 years in CHICAGO with JIM MILLER at QB. 3 weeks before the season starts, he is traded to a poorly coached team with the worst QB situation and OL in the league. He catches 50 passes and, suddenly, he's overrated. Here's a guy that got it done in Chicago for years, and I think he'll do the same here.

I had Booker starting on my fantasy team years ago...I thought it was a great trade...How anyone could judge any of our WR's badly with the QB's we've had is beyond me. What passing game?...It has been 3 yards and a cloud of dust since Booker and even Chambers have been here! WE HAVE A GREAT RECEIVING CORPS!...There are no if's necessary. Welker is just icing on an already good looking cake. Props for Booker but I'm not surprised at all.

yankeehillbilly said:
depends on usage. You could say we have a pretty good receiver core...meaning that our base starting receivers are good, but the backups might not be.

"Receiver core" looks awkward as heck to me. I'm no English major, so I can't swear it is wrong.

General Tso said:
I'll go far out on a limb and predict that somehow someway Chambers will have more catches than Welker this year. Just a hunch...
I was referring to them having some catching up to do. Welker shined, and Chambers had the fumble, and dropped the touchdown pass. Welker may not have more catches then Chambers, but for the big money Chambers is making, he needs to step it up, and be consistant!

I was not a great fan of Booker and still not(maybe that will change) he had one good game, hopefully he will keep it up the whole season. Trust me, I am really pulling for him to have a great year.

Marty Booker is an old school receiver. I like the fact that he doesn't even wear gloves and he catches pretty much everything in his direction. He made some great catches Sunday on ball not thrown perfectly, and he made adjustments as any good recevier should. But I think something else that we will see from Marty this season is the ol' reverse pass play. I know we ran it last year under Wanny, but I know that Linehan is chomping at the bits to incorporate that this year. IfI remember correctly, I think Randy Moss had a couple pass attempts last year (I know one went for a pick in the endzone for sure). That's one part of Marty's game that is definitely a lot better that Randy, he's got a cannon for a arm, and it will be utilized this year.

Jimmy James said:
You do? In that case, I think you're protesting way too much. It's not like you have questioned his loyalty to the team, is it? :rolleyes2

Before the 1st preseason game he was moping around like a depressed dumped girlfriend...I questioned if he was homesick and would rather be back with the Bears....That was a valid question based on his actions...but never have I questioned his ability....How do you know he STILL wouldnt rather be back home? You dont.

And if your gonna make the "New offense" excuse you need to make it for everyone because we were changing OC's like socks.

Back
Top Bottom