Booker | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker

DBoston80 said:
Booker for whatever reason has NOT produced...sorry but he'll likely NEVER start another game as WR for us again...nor should he.

:rolleyes2

Booker to play Sunday

2004:

Week 5 (New England) -- 7 catches for 123 yards
Week 9 (Arizona) -- 4 catches for 91 yards
Week 14 (Buffalo) -- 5 catches for 96 yards

2005:

Week 1 (Denver) -- 5 catches for 104 yards and 1 TD
Week 10 (New England) 5 catches for 102 yards

I know that you hate how Booker had the gall to miss his family last year, but everybody can see right through these ridiculous claims you make. If Booker got the targets in this offense, he'd do the team proud.

Gus better be on his A game on Sunday. I really hope he plays like he did against Oakland. If he isnt moving the ball well after the first quarter put in the Sage :).

Jimmy James said:
:rolleyes2

Booker to play Sunday

2004:

Week 5 (New England) -- 7 catches for 123 yards
Week 9 (Arizona) -- 4 catches for 91 yards
Week 14 (Buffalo) -- 5 catches for 96 yards

2005:

Week 1 (Denver) -- 5 catches for 104 yards and 1 TD
Week 10 (New England) 5 catches for 102 yards

I know that you hate how Booker had the gall to miss his family last year, but everybody can see right through these ridiculous claims you make. If Booker got the targets in this offense, he'd do the team proud.

ROFLMAO...Wow look at that 5 good not great games...what does this prove?? LOL!!

Everyone?? Who can honestly say they are pleased with Booker over the past 2 years? And those who are....standards are AWFULLY low.

By the way I meant after this season he will never start a game for us again! He will be replaced by a better option...I know its gonna be rough replacing those 24 catches next year..but hey A guy can hope cant he!

Lets see 2 Td's in 2 years???

24 catches 408 yds 1Td......WOW!!

.Booker is getting outdone by our slot guy(Welker), our TE, and obviously by our #1 Chambers..who some are crazy enough to think is not as good as Booker:lol:

..Sorry fella's but to say THAT is our best Wr is moronic! He has some pretty key drops to go with those unimpressive stats..

..No excuses Chambers and Booker have the same QB same system...So save those lame excuses..man up and admidt you are just plain wrong. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem;)

Mod Edit: Be nice man, you know better. Calling people moronic isn't cool here...clean it up.

MonkeyDog said:
Maybe Hank Baskett 6-3 220 New Mexico, in the 3rd rd.

Dude how sweet. I'm in NM and this guy is though. Some of the catches he makes freaks me out. Watch for the Lobos RB Dontrell Moore. He will be a steal in the draft.

DBoston80 said:
ROFLMAO...Wow look at that 5 good not great games...what does this prove?? LOL!!

Everyone?? Who can honestly say they are pleased with Booker over the past 2 years? And those who are....standards are AWFULLY low.

By the way I meant after this season he will never start a game for us again! He will be replaced by a better option...I know its gonna be rough replacing those 24 catches next year..but hey A guy can hope cant he!

http://sports.myway.com/nfl/stats/targetsnumpassesthrownto.html

Chambers is the 3rd most thrown to reciever in the entire NFL this year. It's kinda hard for Booker to have big games when he's not being thrown to.

Originally Posted by DBoston80
Booker for whatever reason has NOT produced...sorry but he'll likely NEVER start another game as WR for us again...nor should he.

I like Booker. He has impressed me. He ahs had some great catches especially early on in the season.

phinphanphrommi said:
http://sports.myway.com/nfl/stats/targetsnumpassesthrownto.html

Chambers is the 3rd most thrown to reciever in the entire NFL this year. It's kinda hard for Booker to have big games when he's not being thrown to.

Ok but I think if Booker was doing a good job it wouldnt be necessary..There is a reason why Booker gets limited balls thrown his way. Linehan and Saban dont hate Booker and want to deny him an oppurtunity..He just is not an impact player anymore...It sucks I was surely hoping he would be..but a spade is a spade.

DBoston80 said:
Ok but I think if Booker was doing a good job it wouldnt be necessary..There is a reason why Booker gets limited balls thrown his way. Linehan and Saban dont hate Booker and want to deny him an oppurtunity..He just is not an impact player anymore...It sucks I was surely hoping he would be..but a spade is a spade.

The limitation is not on Booker's part any more than it is on Linehan or Saban. It's the QB play that's the enemy. Whatever you think about Gus, it's clear that he isn't nearly as comfortable as you'd like and that he doesn't exploit his options as well as you'd want a QB to. I think part of that is the OL, which is not playing as well as some here would have you believe.

Jimmy James said:
The limitation is not on Booker's part any more than it is on Linehan or Saban. It's the QB play that's the enemy. Whatever you think about Gus, it's clear that he isn't nearly as comfortable as you'd like and that he doesn't exploit his options as well as you'd want a QB to. I think part of that is the OL, which is not playing as well as some here would have you believe.

All of these things are true...but why is Booker suffering from this more than Chambers, Mcmichael, or even Welker??

I've seen alot of passes that Booker was wide open and Gus either missed him or never looked at him. Let give him another year and see what a real QB will do with him.

DBoston80 said:
All of these things are true...but why is Booker suffering from this more than Chambers, Mcmichael, or even Welker??

Where are you getting this Welker garbage? In what I believe is now 3 fewer games and with two fewer injuries, Booker still leads him in yards, TDs, yards per catch, and long reception.

I think it's clear that Chambers doesn't get hurt because he is the first guy Gus looks to. McMichael doesn't get hurt because he's the dump off guy (check his yards per catch). Booker seems to get hurt the most because he's the guy running the *long* patterns in the offense based on that receiving average. Gus isn't comfortable enough to let those plays develop. That's my guess based on what I have seen of both the play and the stats.

I'll say this: I think it's one thing to try to get Marty (or Chambers) to cut the team a break on the contract but another thing entirely to get rid of either of them. I can understand wanting to bring in a fast rookie, and I can support that. This is not a team that needs to be spending on a Reggie Wayne or other WR assets. For one, this doesn't need to be a passing team. For another, it's clear that we're wasting even the talent we have until the QB/OL situation improves. For another, this team needs to be a run first team in order to maximize the investment in Ronnie Brown.

Jimmy James said:
Where are you getting this Welker garbage? In what I believe is now 3 fewer games and with two fewer injuries, Booker still leads him in yards, TDs, yards per catch, and long reception.

I think it's clear that Chambers doesn't get hurt because he is the first guy Gus looks to. McMichael doesn't get hurt because he's the dump off guy (check his yards per catch). Booker seems to get hurt the most because he's the guy running the *long* patterns in the offense based on that receiving average. Gus isn't comfortable enough to let those plays develop. That's my guess based on what I have seen of both the play and the stats.

I'll say this: I think it's one thing to try to get Marty (or Chambers) to cut the team a break on the contract but another thing entirely to get rid of either of them. I can understand wanting to bring in a fast rookie, and I can support that. This is not a team that needs to be spending on a Reggie Wayne or other WR assets. For one, this doesn't need to be a passing team. For another, it's clear that we're wasting even the talent we have until the QB/OL situation improves. For another, this team needs to be a run first team in order to maximize the investment in Ronnie Brown.

Good point. Running is our bread and butter. A good play action QB trowing to McMike, Chamber and Booker would be just right. I would still like to see us add another WR though. Low cost vet or a speedy rook.

Jimmy James said:

No, Im not on the Reggie Wayne bandwagon at all...but I wouldnt be happy going into next year and not improving on WR going into next season.

Back
Top Bottom