Boomer/Anyone - Jay Cutler | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer/Anyone - Jay Cutler

SpeedRush99 said:
Maybe because Cutler plays at VANDY! And is still the leading passer in the SEC! Your the one preaching about Pinegar not having the talent around him and going toe to toe with USC, then you of all people should understand waht Cutler goes through every saturday!

Agree wholeheartedly with that. If it wasn't for Cutler Vandy wouldn't have won a game this year.

SpeedRush99 said:
Maybe because Cutler plays at VANDY! And is still the leading passer in the SEC! Your the one preaching about Pinegar not having the talent around him and going toe to toe with USC, then you of all people should understand waht Cutler goes through every saturday!

Are we talking about QB's or divisions of the NCAA football. The SEC isn't the power house of football....look at the top teams....USC...TEXAS and PSU.

BrazForPhins said:
I don't feel Young will be a sure thing, but he does have a point

How? Explain that to me cause I really don't see how Young is better than Vick. Even at passing.

No doubt in my mind Cutler gets drafted ahead of Pinegar.

If some of the juniors come out in this draft this is indeed shaping up to be a decent draft for QBs...especially the classic types. Between Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, Jay Cutler, Paul Pinegar, Drew Olson, and Darrell Hackney, you've got a number of classic dropback QBs to choose from. It looks like most of the unorthodox guys will be staying in school like Marcus Vick, Vince Young, and Omar Jacobs (unorthodox only because of the awkward delivery). The only notable unorthodox guy I see coming out would be DJ Shockley.

fishypete said:
Are we talking about QB's or divisions of the NCAA football. The SEC isn't the power house of football....look at the top teams....USC...TEXAS and PSU.

Don't dodge the statment. I made it very clear what I was talking about. Surrounding talent. The very same thing you used to defend your boy Pinegar.

And the SEC is far more competitive than the PAC 10 or BIG 12. One team does not make a conference. You left LSU out of your top teams.

fishypete said:

Sure and the WAC is powerhouse???

ether79 said:
Do you have anything intelligent to say?
i was just messing with ya man... i agree with you about Cutler. I also think we have a good chance to get Harrington.. but i would rather have Cutler. By the way Ether do you think Cutler could be drafted by Miami with there first round pick, if they pick between 5-11.

SpeedRush99 said:
How? Explain that to me cause I really don't see how Young is better than Vick. Even at passing.

during college vick seemed worse as a passer than young to me. right now he's not a great passer, but he developed. It's just my opinion but i think Young has more upside as a PASSER than vick..though among the better prospects he's the last in my wish list

Winbaby#23 said:
i was just messing with ya man... i agree with you about Cutler. I also think we have a good chance to get Harrington.. but i would rather have Cutler. By the way Ether do you think Cutler could be drafted by Miami with there first round pick, if they pick between 5-11.

It really all depends on how he performs in one of senior bowls and the combine..right now I'd say he is a late 1st. Harrington IMO doesn't have the arm strength to be successful in our system, he is a WC QB and really can't succeed in that system. or at least hasn't to date.

SpeedRush99 said:
Don't dodge the statment. I made it very clear what I was talking about. Surrounding talent. The very same thing you used to defend your boy Pinegar.

And the SEC is far more competitive than the PAC 10 or BIG 12. One team does not make a conference. You left LSU out of your top teams.

EXACTLY. Vanderbilt is the only dog of the SEC. Every other team can play, and they all get talented, athletic recruits. The defensive lines on even the sub-par SEC teams can be terrifying to a QB. I'll take Cutler who has played on a mostly talent-less offense and succeeded against tough defenses for three years.

SpeedRush99 said:

It's obvious you haven't seen him play and don't believe his stats.

Back
Top Bottom