Boomer/Anyone - Jay Cutler | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer/Anyone - Jay Cutler

ether79 said:
Sure and the WAC is powerhouse???

Never said that....but Pinegar proved he's able to play against the big boys. If you take the time to read....I did say I thought Pinegar and Cutler would be good choices in the 2nd round down. Neither are 1st grade QB's....but you don't need a first round QB to be a winner....history has shown us that.

ckparrothead said:
No doubt in my mind Cutler gets drafted ahead of Pinegar.

If some of the juniors come out in this draft this is indeed shaping up to be a decent draft for QBs...especially the classic types. Between Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, Jay Cutler, Paul Pinegar, Drew Olson, and Darrell Hackney, you've got a number of classic dropback QBs to choose from. It looks like most of the unorthodox guys will be staying in school like Marcus Vick, Vince Young, and Omar Jacobs (unorthodox only because of the awkward delivery). The only notable unorthodox guy I see coming out would be DJ Shockley.

I have no idea what QB will be taken first between Pinegar and Cutler...either would be a good choice for the Dolphins....but no one here makes that decision.

SpeedRush99 said:
He has too. Senior

I know, that's what I'm saying. The only unorthodox guy I see coming out is DJ Shockley. When I say "coming out" I don't mean declaring early I mean coming out period.

fishypete said:
I have no idea what QB will be taken first between Pinegar and Cutler...either would be a good choice for the Dolphins....but no one here makes that decision.

No, but I can about guarantee that 95% of the ones who end up making that decision choose Culter over Pinegar, barring a dramatic event in the next few weeks (injury, etc.).

Becks7 said:
For anybody who has seen him play do you think he is worthy of a pick anywhere from #5 to #10 overall?

I don't know anything about Cutler, but if we keep heading south in the W-L record, we may have a chance to pick 1-5 this draft.

SpeedRush99 said:
Don't dodge the statment. I made it very clear what I was talking about. Surrounding talent. The very same thing you used to defend your boy Pinegar.

And the SEC is far more competitive than the PAC 10 or BIG 12. One team does not make a conference. You left LSU out of your top teams.

Lets see what team wins the champonship....then you can tell me how great the SEC IS. Why do you say Pinegar is my "boy"....he's just one of a few decent QB's that are coming out in the draft...I do believe he has alot of talent and a quick release....something most QB's don't have regardless of what Division they play in. I also classed him with Cutler...I guess you missed that part..eh?

SpeedRush99 said:
Maybe because Cutler plays at VANDY! And is still the leading passer in the SEC! Your the one preaching about Pinegar not having the talent around him and going toe to toe with USC, then you of all people should understand waht Cutler goes through every saturday!

Thank you, I'll take Cutler.

ckparrothead said:
No, but I can about guarantee that 95% of the ones who end up making that decision choose Culter over Pinegar, barring a dramatic event in the next few weeks (injury, etc.).

You can't guarantee anything....your just a fan....like the rest of us. In the draft....I've seen teams go with players that most fans wouldn't have selected in the same round....so even coaches and G.M.'s can't agree on players.

has a rocket arm but first round as of right now is too high for him...maybe late for a team with aging QB but even a rocket arm ndoesnt makes a pro-bowler ....JP losman anyone? he is terrible and he drew favre comparison's

fishypete said:
Lets see what team wins the champonship....then you can tell me how great the SEC IS.

Like I said, one team does not make a conference. Its about COMPETITION.

Jay Cutler has morep physical talent than Pinegar, not the other way around. To play well against the best competition with no one helping you is pretty impressive.

Lights_Out said:
has a rocket arm but first round as of right now is too high for him...maybe late for a team with aging QB but even a rocket arm ndoesnt makes a pro-bowler ....JP losman anyone? he is terrible and he drew favre comparison's

Cutler is the whole package, he is not JP Losman.

When he gets good talent around him for the first time in the Senior Bowl he will probably make a big rise.

SpeedRush99 said:
The part I have a problem with.

USC is one of the few real pro-style teams in college....I would think if you can play well against them....you should do well enough as a rookie in the NFL.
I can't say with all cetainity that Pinegar will be a great NFL QB....then again....who would say any QB coming out of college would be great...until he proves it by playing. Pinegar has eeverythig you look for in a QB....Size, arm strength and accuracy....plus a quick release. Thats a great starting point.

Back
Top Bottom