Boomer Esiason nails it re: Tannehill.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer Esiason nails it re: Tannehill....

Phinsguy

Active Roster
Reaction score
On the most recent "Inside The NFL" they were talking about the Dolphins/Tannehill and Esiason said that Tannehill is a nice, tough kid but doesn't appear to have the "edge" that you see in all good NFL QBs and pretty much implied he's not what you would call a leader. And Michael Irvin (who gives me the douche chills most of the time) also made a good point....that Tannehill, being a converted WR to QB, does not have the same ingrained embodiment/mentality of someone who has played the QB position all of their lives as most all other NFL QB's have and it definitely seems to affect the way he functions/carries himself on the field.

End thread , close down finheaven . Esiason has spoken .

On the most recent "Inside The NFL" they were talking about the Dolphins/Tannehill and Esiason said that Tannehill is a nice, tough kid but doesn't appear to have the "edge" that you see in all good NFL QBs and pretty much implied he's not what you would call a leader. And Michael Irvin (who gives me the douche chills most of the time) also made a good point....that Tannehill, being a converted WR to QB, does not have the same ingrained embodiment/mentality of someone who has played the QB position all of their lives as most all other NFL QB's have and the way he carries himself in a game tends to reflect that.

Doesn't have that EDGE. I have been trying to describe what it is that I don't see in Tannehill's game and that sums it up nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I guess that settles that then.

Actually it does. If people who have played the game at the highest level and who have no enlightened self-interest in making the statement actually make the observation and think it is significant enough to make the statement, then there absolutely must be something to it.

Everyone here should take off your Dolphins blinders every once in a while. What the rest of the world sees with regards to this franchise has proven over the years to be far closer to the objective truth than the overoptimistic vision that many members of this bulletin board promulgate on a daily basis.

Actually it does. If people who have played the game at the highest level and who have no enlightened self-interest in making the statement actually make the observation and think it is significant enough to make the statement, then there absolutely must be something to it.

Everyone here should take off your Dolphins blinders every once in a while. What the rest of the world sees with regards to this franchise has proven over the years to be far closer to the objective truth than the overoptimistic vision that many members of this bulletin board promulgate on a daily basis.

Do you really think that Gase starts his day out by looking to see what the Finheaven crowd thinks about his players? Fans are going to see things differently and if they do....who really cares.

You will know where RT stands based on what Gase does moving forward....I can assure you that the posters on this site, regardless of what they think of RT will have no bearing on that decision.

IMO, to be fair, Tannehill has improved his deep ball accuracy. He has hit Stills, Parker, and Landry with some damn nice throws, but one area where he has really fell short and may even have regressed is in his pocket awareness.

Blinders? Speak for yourself. All that post is is the same jargon I hear everywhere. No Blinders here, I know what we don't have. But as for other members here, that's their opinions hence is why this is called a forum. You're not a pro talent evaluator as much as I'm not

EXACTLY!!!.....but as proven above, some men you just can't reach......at this point it's almost like Stockholm Syndrome with them.

Oh....and btw to all the deniers and snarky repliers, Esiason normally is not one of those who dumps on fellow QBs.....and what he (and Irvin) said were not said with any type of animosity or joy in tearing Tannehill down but offering their opinions on the Dolpins/Tannehill's issue - which carry weight since, y'know....they actually played the game at that level unlike you armchair/keyboard warriors.

EXACTLY!!!.....but as proven above, some men you just can't reach......at this point it's almost like Stockholm Syndrome with them.

Oh....and btw to all the deniers and snarky repliers, Esiason normally is not one of those who dumps on fellow QBs.....and what he (and Irvin) said were not said with any type of animosity or joy in tearing Tannehill down but offering their opinions which carry weight since, y'know....they actually played the game at that level unlike you armchair/keyboard warriors.

Ok, I'll agree that Esiason is real, one of the things that I like about him is that he's not afraid to call people out and speak up, he tells it like it is. But history tells all these guys are wrong themselves when evaluating talent especially these ex players. I'm still waiting for Travarus Jackson to break out because according to Simms he's the next coming of Joe Montana. And how many times do I hear Boomer praising Thill? Almost every week, I listen to his morning show, and now he comes out with this analysis. He's just trying to cover up that he's been wrong all along. I take these ex player analyst with the grain of salt

Blinders? Speak for yourself. All that post is is the same jargon I hear everywhere. No Blinders here, I know what we don't have. But as for other members here, that's their opinions hence is why this is called a forum. You're not a pro talent evaluator as much as I'm not

Apparently though, with your "that settles it then" sarcastic comment you seem to know better and want to discount the opinions of two guys who have played & excelled in the NFL.......the fact that they have gives weight to their "talent evaluations".

Appeal to authority and appeal to the masses in the same post, nice.

To those blasting Esiason, it's not the first or final word, just more confirmation.

I have been a Tannehill supporter....and I still hope the lightbulb goes on soon....but the one thing missing so far, IMO, I call it the "killer instinct"...."eye of the tiger"......but "edge" works and is accurate.

If this is not found soon....it will be time to resume the search.

Back
Top Bottom