Boomer Esiason nails it re: Tannehill.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer Esiason nails it re: Tannehill....

Norman Esiason & M Irvin are frankly not the most credible.

I'd take the "expert" opinions of Collinsworth (who I don't like) & Aikman long before the 2 aforemntioned clowns

They only good advice Aikman gives is on his Wingstop commercials.

troy-aikman.jpg

Watching the great Clemson vs Louisville game I saw two leaders at the quarterback position.

Watson kept his team calm and lead them from behind with 2 beautiful touchdown drives..That's something I'll never have confidence in from Tannehill. He just doesn't win.

ISS, I totally agree with you. Simple, simple, simple. 2 reads and start moving your feet. Rolling out if the first 2 reads aren't there accomplishes a great deal. It gets him out on the edge where he can find a receiver downfield, he throws great on the run, or use his legs to gain some yardage. Also, I would bring back some read option because that another way to get him to challenge the defense. He puts no pressure on the defense so far in this offense. That had to be changed up by some scheme changes. This offense is dead in the water in its current state. I have also seen that when he runs he gets fired up and he looks like he has some passion.

Irvin is still on crack. Tannehill wasn't a WR converted to QB, he was a QB that didn't win the starting job and played WR while he still attended all the QB meetings waiting for his opportunity.

12 games left in the Tannehill error.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

I see what you did there.....lol

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Norman Esiason & M Irvin are frankly not the most credible.

I'd take the "expert" opinions of Collinsworth (who I don't like) & Aikman long before the 2 aforemntioned clowns

Forgive him for he knows not of what he speaks.....

Irvin is still on crack. Tannehill wasn't a WR converted to QB, he was a QB that didn't win the starting job and played WR while he still attended all the QB meetings waiting for his opportunity.

Gee.....it should make us all warm and fuzzy inside that our starting NFL QB for going on 5 years now couldn't beat out Stephen McGhee or Jerrod Johnson (hall of famers anytime soon??) for the Texas A&M job.

Block for the guy and we'll see if he is an NFL QB. Been 4.25 years, and it hasn't happened consistently.

You know that was a valid argument the first four years because as soon as the ball was snapped the DLine was on him like a bum on a cheese sandwich but this year although the line isn't great it's still giving him enough time to get rid of the ball or at least dance around in the pocket and he's still terrible at those two things. I've seen enough personally especially when he refuses to move his feet in year five.

Apparently though, with your "that settles it then" sarcastic comment you seem to know better and want to discount the opinions of two guys who have played & excelled in the NFL.......the fact that they have gives weight to their "talent evaluations".

No.....my sarcastic comment had nothing to with the poster or other posters here, it was more of a knock against so-called pro analysts who are constantly misjudging talent

Blinders? Speak for yourself. All that post is is the same jargon I hear everywhere. No Blinders here, I know what we don't have. But as for other members here, that's their opinions hence is why this is called a forum. You're not a pro talent evaluator as much as I'm not

I never claimed to be a pro talent evaluator. What I said was that if people who played at the highest level of the game and who have no enlightened self-interest in either making the statement or not making the statement saw this as an issue and said something about it, there absolutely must be something to it. At least enough to discuss and consider.

I never claimed to be a pro talent evaluator. What I said was that if people who played at the highest level of the game and who have no enlightened self-interest in either making the statement or not making the statement saw this as an issue and said something about it, there absolutely must be something to it. At least enough to discuss and consider.

This is a copy and paste of what I said earlier to the other poster but it's also a fit as far as a response to your post:

Ok, I'll agree that Esiason is real, one of the things that I like about him is that he's not afraid to call people out and speak up, he tells it like it is. But history tells all these guys are wrong themselves when evaluating talent especially these ex players. I'm still waiting for Travarus Jackson to break out because according to Simms he's the next coming of Joe Montana. And how many times do I hear Boomer praising Thill? Almost every week, I listen to his morning show, and now he comes out with this analysis. He's just trying to cover up that he's been wrong all along. I take these ex player analyst with the grain of salt

I can't believe that anyone who makes negative comments about Tannehill is still an idiot. How long will it take before we start seeing all this criticism as valid. Ryan has a lot of proving to do, so far the "idiots" who think he sucks are way more right than those who think he's good. Not close so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe that anyone who makes negative comments about Tannehill is still an idiot. How long will it take before we start seeing all this criticism as valid. Ryan has a lot of proving to do, so far the "idiots" who think he sucks are way more right than those who think he's good. Not close so far.

I've said this before: the media thinks Tannehill is a scrub. Coaches and players don't think highly of Tannehill. Opposing coaches are not losing sleep game planning for Tannehill. Defenses don't respect Tannehill. Non Dolphins fans think Tannehill is garbage. A lot of Dolphins fans think he's garbage too. I was at the Dolphins game in cincy and bengals and Dolphins fans alike were screaming that he sucked. Andy Dalton who had worse stats than Tannehill was taken over the latter as pro bowl alternative. You'll never see Tannehill in the top 100 ranked players.

Only dolphin fans that don't wanna reset Are the only ones still holding on to Tannehill.

Meanwhile Andrew Luck tore it up in England with no oline.

I've said this before: the media thinks Tannehill is a scrub. Coaches and players don't think highly of Tannehill. Opposing coaches are not losing sleep game planning for Tannehill. Defenses don't respect Tannehill. Non Dolphins fans think Tannehill is garbage. A lot of Dolphins fans think he's garbage too. I was at the Dolphins game in cincy and bengals and Dolphins fans alike were screaming that he sucked. Andy Dalton who had worse stats than Tannehill was taken over the latter as pro bowl alternative. You'll never see Tannehill in the top 100 ranked players.

Only dolphin fans that don't wanna reset Are the only ones still holding on to Tannehill.

I live in NE, there's no doubt in my mind the majority of Pats fans would take Jimmy G., Brissett, Fitz and Tyrod over Ryan. They'd probably take him over EJ , that's it.

Back
Top Bottom