Boomer Esiason nails it re: Tannehill.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer Esiason nails it re: Tannehill....

I've said this before: the media thinks Tannehill is a scrub. Coaches and players don't think highly of Tannehill. Opposing coaches are not losing sleep game planning for Tannehill. Defenses don't respect Tannehill. Non Dolphins fans think Tannehill is garbage. A lot of Dolphins fans think he's garbage too. I was at the Dolphins game in cincy and bengals and Dolphins fans alike were screaming that he sucked. Andy Dalton who had worse stats than Tannehill was taken over the latter as pro bowl alternative. You'll never see Tannehill in the top 100 ranked players.

Only dolphin fans that don't wanna reset Are the only ones still holding on to Tannehill.

You hold on to Tannehill because he's our qb whether you like it or not. As a fan you root for his success only for the teams success.

You posting on a message board does not get us a new qb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He played WR because they were loaded at QB that year or 2. He was recruited as a QB. So he's not really a converted WR. Also, this "nice" thing was talked about by many when he first came out by Dilfer and others. Nothing new here.

No....he played WR because he was BEAT OUT by two scrubs who couldn't translate their QB skills and start in the NFL.....what does that really say about him???...Think about it.

You hold on to Tannehill because he's our qb whether you like it or not. As a fan you root for his success only for the teams success.

^See....another of the cult apparently

And you posting on a message board to root for your team's success doesn't mean they're gonna be successful....oh...and btw....like 95% of these boards are people posting their take, critiques, wishes, etc.

^See....another of the cult apparently

And you posting on a message board to root for your team's success doesn't mean they're gonna be successful....oh...and btw....like 95% of these boards are people posting their take, critiques, wishes, etc.

And there is the difference. I root for the teams success while you root for Tannehill failure to further your agenda.

Go fins.

I think ryan has the worst pocket presence out of all starting qbs right now. Just looking at tyrod tyler elude rushers in the pocket is just all instincts. I never seen ryan dodge pressure yet unless its a designed run.

12 games left in the Tannehill error. Enjoy them while you can.

And there is the difference. I root for the teams success while you root for Tannehill failure to further your agenda.

Go fins.

Nobody is rooting for Tannehills failure were just tired of seeing him fail. I rather just move on its obviously not working out. He's obviously not the guy. Has a franchise QB ever missed the playoffs his first 5 years? I don't think so.

From my understanding, every season before Texas A&M Ryan Tannehill played QB. Then every season since Texas A&M he has played QB for the Dolphins. Sooooo, the time Michael Irvin is talking about would be those 3 years at Texas A&M, where Tannehill was the starting QB for his last year, and attended every QB meeting (even when it meant he could not attend the WR meetings) for the first two years. Isn't that kind of like being a second-string QB or a redshirt?

I agree with Boomer's comment that he lacks an edge. I see where Michael is coming from ... but I just do not agree. Deion Sanders was not a worse football player for playing Baseball in college. It doesn't really work that way. At best, Tannehill had less QB reps for what would be his redshirt and freshman years. That's it. He didn't miss the meetings, he attended every single QB meeting. In fact, he insisted it when he was at Texas A&M. IMHO, Tannehill's personality just isn't that guy who has the edgy qualities. He isn't a fire and brimstone guy. He isn't the take-charge, vocal leader like Marino or Fouts. He isn't that "tough guy". As I've said before, I think Ryan suffers a bit from "Nice Guy Syndrome." Sometimes players respect you because of what you do. But sometimes in football these meat-eaters want that strong personality and vocal leader. Not all need it ... but maybe some players do.

I could not agree more! I have been saying this forever!

IMO, to be fair, Tannehill has improved his deep ball accuracy. He has hit Stills, Parker, and Landry with some damn nice throws, but one area where he has really fell short and may even have regressed is in his pocket awareness.

regressed? He has never had pocket awareness... never... I have always been hard on Tanny, but he does have a place in this league. He is at best a back up or starter on a team that will never make the playoffs without an elite defense, Oline, Wr's and possibly RB. He will be in the NFL for a few more years, I just don't want any of those years on my team.

Beat me to it. I believe he had 80 yards and 1 int going into the 4th.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Tannehill took his foot off the pedal or the GARBAGE COACHING STAFF he has had since he started his career?

That coaching staff were his biggest believers and cheerleaders, tying their fates/jobs to Tannehill.

Now Tannehill biggest believers and cheerleaders are Ross and Tannenbaum, who we are told couldn't wipe their own ass.

He played WR because they were loaded at QB that year or 2. He was recruited as a QB. So he's not really a converted WR. Also, this "nice" thing was talked about by many when he first came out by Dilfer and others. Nothing new here.

Oh please. They weren't loaded at QB. He lost out in year 2 (year 1 he red shirted) against non-described, average QBs and in year 3 he lost out initially against the leftover from year 1.
In HS (not sure what he did as a freshman) he started out at DB. Played for the first time QB in his junior. So in High School he essentially played 2 out of 3 years at QB.
In college he red shirted as a freshman. His playing career is a total of 3 years split 50/50 between WR and QB. He had no a-typical QB path. You can really spin it the way you want to but based on just his playing experience he should have not been drafted at 8. The NFL is his longest starting tenure as a QB. His learning curve is very shallow.

You don't hold on to him. You support him as long as he plays for the Dolphins. Holding on means that you stay with him after the season no matter how bad he played.

Back
Top Bottom