Boomer Esiason nails it re: Tannehill.... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer Esiason nails it re: Tannehill....

Maybe Tannehill should do what Terrell Pryor did and become a WR. He played that position swimmingly Texas A&M.

Maybe Tannehill should do what Terrell Pryor did and become a WR. He played that position swimmingly Texas A&M.

How about pairing him with Moore or Doughty? Then we can shift back and forth and keep the defense guessing! It worked so great for Cleveland, didn't it? :d-day:

I can't believe that I'm reading people still defending this guy. I have been the biggest Tannehill supporter, but there's a time when you see the light; this isn't the guy.

I agree his demeanor is not of a leader. But that's not to say that we haven't seen him get fired up and call out , make strong gestures towards teammates to do better, correct mistakes. RT just does not do that often enough. We can basically see him being "checked out" of games at times, and it is extremely frustrating to watch. I'm still holding out hope that our issues on offense will be corrected once we get to midseason, but unfortunately by that time we will almost certainly be out of playoff contention, thus any positive steps from that point on will be viewed as "no pressure/garbage time" situations. From my view, we can't make any rushed decisions by season's end, RT and Gase need to be here this time next year, but I'm all for there being legitimate QB competition, although not sure where that would be coming from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe that I'm reading people still defending this guy. I have been the biggest Tannehill supporter, but there's a time when you see the light; this isn't the guy.

I agree. IMO, this home stretch is it. We have had a few more days to prepare to try and get on track. If Tannehill comes out lost and with that GLAZED look on his face then it is probably over. People can blame the OL all they want, but a lot of times Tannehill's unawareness perpetuates the problem. Other (better) QB's have OL breakdowns, too, and they find a way to move about the pocket, roll out, or scramble to make a play. If the light doesn't come on soon, IMO, it's all over but the crying.

IMO, to be fair, Tannehill has improved his deep ball accuracy. He has hit Stills, Parker, and Landry with some damn nice throws, but one area where he has really fell short and may even have regressed is in his pocket awareness.

Impossible to regress from non existent pocket awareness!

One cannot overstate how this franchise might need a "new face" leading them next year.

When you look at the low ratings and excitement in South Florida, something might have to be done at the game's most vital position to spark some interest if Tannehill continues on this path he is on. He has to step up his game.

So jealous of the excitement that the Vikings have manufactured in their new digs. That CAN BE Miami, but it starts with a competitive product and players people can root behind.

One cannot overstate how this franchise might need a "new face" leading them next year.

When you look at the low ratings and excitement in South Florida, something might have to be done at the game's most vital position to spark some interest if Tannehill continues on this path he is on. He has to step up his game.

So jealous of the excitement that the Vikings have manufactured in their new digs. That CAN BE Miami, but it starts with a competitive product and players people can root behind.

Do you think the honeymoon with Gase is over or will soon to be? Personally, I think it is too soon, but I certainly can understand if somebody feels that way. The frustration from previous years, with no apparent improvement with the team this year is boiling over. Many fans, including me are becoming apathetic. It's not really fair to Gase, I see that, but I am losing the capacity to stay patient.

Do you think the honeymoon with Gase is over or will soon to be? Personally, I think it is too soon, but I certainly can understand if somebody feels that way. The frustration from previous years, with no apparent improvement with the team this year is boiling over. Many fans, including me are becoming apathetic. It's not really fair to Gase, I see that, but I am losing the capacity to stay patient.

Nope. Gase is fine. He has "fixed" other QB's. This is on RT if it does not work.

I am going to give Gase A LOT of time to build his foundation and learn the ropes as a HC. I am willing to give him a chance with RT and if it fails, find another QB to work with over the next few years.

Nope. Gase is fine. He has "fixed" other QB's. This is on RT if it does not work.

I am going to give Gase A LOT of time to build his foundation and learn the ropes as a HC. I am willing to give him a chance with RT and if it fails, find another QB to work with over the next few years.

It won't matter a d@*n bit as long as the weasel Tannenbaum is calling the shots

I'm starting to think giving Tannehill the reigns of the offense by allowing him to audible and decide what play to use is what the problem is. Now I kind of get why Philbin and Lazor had him on a leash and didn't let him audible or call his own plays. I think Gase let him have free reigns of the offense to see if he's got what it takes to lead this offense, and so far he doesn't.

People don't like to hear it, because they would rather blame Lazor, but I too think there was a reason they didn't let him audible...namely he couldn't handle it.

When he runs this hurry-up offense and audibles it is a complete disorganized mess. Nobody lines up correctly...he is constantly just adjusting alignments. It gives no time to really analyze the defense. Its a joke...

Back
Top Bottom