Boomer's new mock draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's new mock draft

I'm one of many that would certainly give him that title, especially after I and many others got taken to school in 2005 on Aaron Rodgers dropping all the way to #24 (though I still think I was right on him and SF and Miami both made mistakes by passing on him) as well as Cromartie being a good pick at #16 in 2006 (I argued his injury history and limited playing time made him a first round no-no). Those are just two cases that really stick out in my mind, but there are numerous others I'm simply forgetting.

Every guru's work should be questioned/debated and every one of them will miss on some guys (please, show me someone who hasn't), but I think your "with all do respect" followed by a "who named you the draft guru" nonsense is a joke.

HAHA well those are some great stories....but boomer also said that he thought Troy Smith was the best QB in the draft back a couple years ago and I laughed at him for saying such a thing

Not sure where you got that Pettigrew is a top 15 pick from. Most sites have him in the later part of the 1st round.

Well lots of sites had him going to Buffalo. Your article which could be a smokescreen or overblown. Police, who are people, have egos, tend to blow things up and out of propotion. I think this may be the case or there would never of been a plea deal, if he actually assualted the cop. He would be going to jail for it. But my guess is that there are lots of witnesses saying Pettigrew did not do as much as claimed. If you don't think cops lie, pick on famous people, or have big egos look into Ryan Moats, Rodney King or countless other examples. Not all cops are bad, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of them.

HAHA well those are some great stories....but boomer also said that he thought Troy Smith was the best QB in the draft back a couple years ago and I laughed at him for saying such a thing

Charlie,

Why don't you throw out a Mock? Let us take a look at your draft genius.

Interesting points, suffice to say that I think you're really downgrading just how high Denver are on Kyle Orton who did well with a mediocre support cast and now has bookend tackles, a very good tight end and the best WR pairing in football in an offense where my dog could run for 1,000 yards.

Well, you're the one with a blog on the Sun-Sentinel so I'll defer to you. :up: I do remember wishing that the Dolphins had drafted Orton in 2005 because it would have only cost us a 4th round pick. We drafted Travis Daniels instead.

However I have been less than impressed with Orton in Chicago. Some of the guys on the NFL Network believe Denver is going to trade up to get Sanchez. It will be interesting to see what happens.

The dolphins are 3-deep at TE, with Fasano and Martin setting franchise records for productivity from the TE spot. Fasano was lighting up the league in the beginning of last season, catching everything in sight.

This pick by Boomer is rediculous. Might as well choose a runningback (because Ricky and Ronnie suck too).

How about we choose another left tackle, because Jake Long is a failure.

Or a QB, since Pennington sucks, Henne sucks, Beck sucks.

Tight End is the deepest position on our team. If this Pettigrew guy was a Shannon Sharpe, HOF TE, then I could forgive the pick, but we have so many positions of need, so many critical positions, that I would be pissed off if we chose a TE.

Perhaps boomer is choosing poorly intentionally so as not to give away his real pick... what he thinks the dolphins will really do. However, if this is not the case then my brilliant friend Boomer had a brain fart on this pick.

ps. So I'm not just a whiner with no picks of my own... here are the guys I'm looking at:
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f75/day-1-rounds-1-3-a-247296.html

Except both Fasano and Martin are free agents, as indeed are Williams and Brown. Perhaps learning about the status of your club should be important instead of running your mouth.

Mock drafts are a game. I could care less about mock drafts because they hold about as much water as an empty swimming pool.

I wouldn't say everyone Boomer;

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cross Pettigrew off Bills' wish list[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...The tight end position is one of the Buffalo Bills needs heading into the draft, but don't expect the Bills to take Oklahoma State TE Brandon Pettigrew with their first round pick. Pettigrew was arrested on Jan. 20, 2008 on complaints of assault and battery on a police officer and public intoxication. Prosecutors originally charged Pettigrew with felony assault and battery on a police officer, but reached a plea agreement with Pettigrew in which he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery, and misdemeanor public intoxication in the incident. Although this was an isolated incident, with the recent arrests of Donte Whitner, Marshawn Lynch and Ko Simpson, I highly doubt if the Bills' braintrust will take a chance on any prospect with character issues in the upcoming draft. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-Al Fronczak
[/FONT]​

Not every team is going to announce that they aren't going to select a certain player in the draft...but they still take them off their lists.

Here's another team that have players off their board;

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]78 players off Minnesota Vikings' draft wish list[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...Rick Alonzo reports Minnesota Vikings V.P. of player personnel Rick Spielman has identified 78 draft prospects that the Vikings won't take in the upcoming draft...
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Those "red-dot players" the Vikings have identified are marked absolutely off limits as a result of questions about injuries or off-the-field problems. The list could grow after Spielman meets further with the coaching staff.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"There are a few guys we still have questions on," said Spielman. "There's potentially 10 more guys as we sit there and decide whether those are the guys we want here or not." [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Twincities.com
[/FONT]​

As if any quote out of any team about any player actually means a thing in the disinformation season. Come on Peter. You know that as well as I do.

Not sure where you got that Pettigrew is a top 15 pick from. Most sites have him in the later part of the 1st round.

Good job that "most sites" don't make picks.

Pettigrew is a safe pick. The words "can't miss" are overused, but for a very needy 11-5 team, Pettigrew gives the Dolphins all sorts of options and what you will get with him that you won't get with many others at 25 is immediate production.

Did I really. Would absolutely love for you to show me where I said that. Please, please find that exact quote for me.

Well, you're the one with a blog on the Sun-Sentinel so I'll defer to you. :up: I do remember wishing that the Dolphins had drafted Orton in 2005 because it would have only cost us a 4th round pick. We drafted Travis Daniels instead.

However I have been less than impressed with Orton in Chicago. Some of the guys on the NFL Network believe Denver is going to trade up to get Sanchez. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I think the NFL Network would be right IF there weren't other options on the table for Denver. But there were. The Redskins offered the same deal but with Jason Campbell thrown in. Other teams were interested, offering other starting QB's. But McDaniels picked Orton for a reason. He picked him over a better QB for a reason - that being Campbell. He didn't trade for Kyle Orton so he could bring in Mark Sanchez. First of all, is Sanchez really going to run the spread offense? Hell, save yourself 5 rounds and draft Graham Harrell instead if that's what you're after. Harrell has better footwork, is very accurate and is a leader. Sanchez started 16 games in his career in a WCO. Orton has the skill set to play the spread. He also has the protection to play the spread.

Clearly McDaniels thought he could win in Denver with Kyle Orton over Jason Campbell. For me that says an awful lot about Mark Sanchez.

I think the NFL Network would be right IF there weren't other options on the table for Denver. But there were. The Redskins offered the same deal but with Jason Campbell thrown in. Other teams were interested, offering other starting QB's. But McDaniels picked Orton for a reason. He picked him over a better QB for a reason - that being Campbell. He didn't trade for Kyle Orton so he could bring in Mark Sanchez. First of all, is Sanchez really going to run the spread offense? Hell, save yourself 5 rounds and draft Graham Harrell instead if that's what you're after. Harrell has better footwork, is very accurate and is a leader. Sanchez started 16 games in his career in a WCO. Orton has the skill set to play the spread. He also has the protection to play the spread.

Clearly McDaniels thought he could win in Denver with Kyle Orton over Jason Campbell. For me that says an awful lot about Mark Sanchez.

Or very little about Josh McDaniels. :D

I get your point. McDaniels probably had his choice of several quarterbacks in the league. He chose Orton over Campbell and who knows who else. Very interesting.

Good job that "most sites" don't make picks.

Pettigrew is a safe pick. The words "can't miss" are overused, but for a very needy 11-5 team, Pettigrew gives the Dolphins all sorts of options and what you will get with him that you won't get with many others at 25 is immediate production.

Come on Boomer...the other writer stated he was a top 15 pick...even you have him going to the Dolphins...and where do they pick? the most sites agree with you...do they not? They just don't agree with him going to the Dolphins...and afterall...it's just opinion. Being the safe pick doesn't always equate to being the best pick.

Pete,

I agree that lots of people ahve him later but lots have him earlier. Damn why would they even write an article about him if they didn't think he might be an option. Guess that was my point. Lots of draft sites have him listed going before our pick, even the one you linked, does that not mean good value if he dropped to us. I don't care if we do take him but I see the value in the pick and he would be a nice asset to have on this team.

Boss Bailey is a "great" ILB?

Really?
Great was probably an overstatement. With the start that he got off to last season before his injury though, I would definitely consider him above average. To me, it seems like they need pass rush more than anything.

Back
Top Bottom