Boomer's Tuesday Combine Update - Derrick Johnson, etc | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Tuesday Combine Update - Derrick Johnson, etc

Boomer said:
The cone and shuttle drills are VITALLY important for linebackers. How quickly do they change direction, how much wasted motion is there when they do so, etc etc. Johnson isn't particularly instinctive, which is one of the knocks on him.

Thank you Boomer...at someone else knows what the're talking about here.

TXFINFAN,
Good to meet you,I went to Dothan High,class of 1983.
My Ex-wife is from Headland,small world,Huh.

Namor said:
TXFINFAN,
Good to meet you,I went to Dothan High,class of 1983.
My Ex-wife is from Headland,small world,Huh.

Good to meet you too. Really small world! My wife probably knows your EX-Wife, everybody knows everybody in Headland. What was her maiden name? My wife was Karen Bostick.

Sorry guys,I just met someone from my small hometown,I'll get back to
talking Dolphins Football.It's better than getting back to work.

Boomer said:
The cone and shuttle drills are VITALLY important for linebackers. How quickly do they change direction, how much wasted motion is there when they do so, etc etc. Johnson isn't particularly instinctive, which is one of the knocks on him.

this is the only place i have heard this stuff... where do people get hes not particularly instinctive? everytime ive seen him hes on plays before plays even start... his football instincts seem great and every scouting report i read on him says the same stuff... i dont get it

fishypete said:
Frankly after watching the combine...I believe Surtains value should rise...I didn't see a corner thats worth much...decent players...but no one special. And Derrick Johnson is another hyped player...I don't see him any better than Blackstock or ware, both of them looked as good in the drills...and lets remember...there's Merriman still to go...if he runs 4.5 times and does well in his drills...he'll be taken long before Johnson.

Thank You!!! Derrick Johnson is a bunch of hype. :fire: :fire:

arsenal said:
this is the only place i have heard this stuff... where do people get hes not particularly instinctive? everytime ive seen him hes on plays before plays even start... his football instincts seem great and every scouting report i read on him says the same stuff... i dont get it

He tries to read plays all too often. Watch him at plays start and he will often take false steps towards where the play is going. A lot of the time he is right but too often the play goes away from him and then he struggles to get off blocks working through the chaff as he tries to work back into the play.

Boomer said:
Disappointing 5.02, 21 on the bench and a 32 inch vertical. Stock will drop.

:roflmao::roflmao:

That's why he cut the cord!!

Namor said:
Went to BAMA ,my brother-in-law played on the offensive line at Troy ,plus I live in Dothan,Al about 1 hour from Troy so I keep up with them.

Small world. My family does Thanksgiving in Chipley every year and we always catch a movie in Dothan for the week end.

Cool,Nice to meet you.

Boomer said:
He tries to read plays all too often. Watch him at plays start and he will often take false steps towards where the play is going. A lot of the time he is right but too often the play goes away from him and then he struggles to get off blocks working through the chaff as he tries to work back into the play.

well i guess only time will tell... i thikn he'll be an excellent LB, one negative ive seen in him is his tendency to get trapped tyring to go around blocks of big *** o lineman, but in the pros he can correct that and with his extra body weight it'll help... did he do the bench or will he do that pro day?

Back
Top Bottom