Boomer's Tuesday Combine Update - Derrick Johnson, etc | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Tuesday Combine Update - Derrick Johnson, etc

arsenal said:
well i guess only time will tell... i thikn he'll be an excellent LB, one negative ive seen in him is his tendency to get trapped tyring to go around blocks of big *** o lineman, but in the pros he can correct that and with his extra body weight it'll help... did he do the bench or will he do that pro day?

I like him, but I don't think he's as great as people make out - at this stage. What you are asking him to correct is very difficult to do. Not sure. Will find out.

Johnson, Jordan Beck and Mike Boley were the outstanding LB's this afternoon at the completion of the drills.

TXFinFan said:
Good to meet you too. Really small world! My wife probably knows your EX-Wife, everybody knows everybody in Headland. What was her maiden name? My wife was Karen Bostick.

Talkin' bout a small world...I grew up in Enterprise class of 95...

BTW - I knew some Bostick's, any chance your wife is related to Joey and Ricky Bostick? They are twins and i think they had an older sister.

Boomer said:
Johnson, Jordan Beck and Mike Boley were the outstanding LB's this afternoon at the completion of the drills.

Hey boomer

I didnt see Shazor run today.

Did he elect to not run?

IownU said:
Talkin' bout a small world...I grew up in Enterprise class of 95...

Im not trying to be a jerk.....

But the "PM" function is probably more suitable for your conversation.

HVACservice said:
Im not trying to be a jerk.....

But the "PM" function is probably more suitable for your conversation.

AHHHHH Shut up...I'm being a jerk. You're not a moderator, so kiss my ***.

ADMIN EDIT: He may not be a moderator, but I'm an Admin. We frown on such beligerence. If you get personal again, you'll have tons of free time to think about it.

Boomer said:
The cone and shuttle drills are VITALLY important for linebackers. How quickly do they change direction, how much wasted motion is there when they do so, etc etc. Johnson isn't particularly instinctive, which is one of the knocks on him.
I know that those drills are important, even more important than the 40 for linebackers. The point was that I was being told not to get excited about a players 40 time. If it was an irrelevant stat there would be no reason to run it. The point is there is a reason to run it and it IS a relevant stat for linebackers or any athlete for that matter. The chose that distance because it gives an accurate idea of how fast a player can get somewhere on the field.

40 Yard Dash
The 40 yard dash is a test of speed, power, explosion, and a little bit of conditioning. Each prospect will be measured by the second and how long it takes you to complete a 40 yard sprint.

The Drill: From a three-point stance, a player runs 40 yards as fast as he can. Players get hand-held times (by scouts using stopwatches)
What it tests: Pure speed from Point A to Point B under ideal conditions (indoors, AstroTurf, no weather obstacles).

Boom....If we do pickup Edge, and yes that is a big if at this point, that really makes the #2 pick (assuming we keep that pick) even more interesting. It would take an RB off the board, so who's left. If we stick with AJ one more year and pass on the QB's, it would seem the WR's would have to be the BPA's. No defensive player or OL seems worthy of a #2 pick. What's your best guess, mate?

IownU said:
AHHHHH Shut up...I'm being a jerk. You're not a moderator, so kiss my ***.

:roflmao:

I love internet tough guys.

MOD EDIT: It's over, please don't bait him.

Putting on weight, Johnson only lost a tiny bit of speed. Thats pretty good since he had to get bigger for the NFL.

FinFan57 said:
Boom....If we do pickup Edge, and yes that is a big if at this point, that really makes the #2 pick (assuming we keep that pick) even more interesting. It would take an RB off the board, so who's left. If we stick with AJ one more year and pass on the QB's, it would seem the WR's would have to be the BPA's. No defensive player or OL seems worthy of a #2 pick. What's your best guess, mate?

Hey mate.

I don't see it happening. And if it does it almost has to involve the 2. Don't get me started on how bad a deal this would be. But if it DID and we somehow kept the 2, you'd have to think that Jones the corner and Edwards are the only 2 non trade down options.

Back
Top Bottom