Brady Quinn product of system | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Quinn product of system

shellgh0st said:
:sleep:

You still don't understand, and you never will.

As soon as you attempt to understand your own cryptic blurbs on this forum, then perhaps it will be easier for me.

So far all you keep saying is that your gut feeling told you that Quinn's a product of Weiss's system.......and that being a system player denotes that you're successful because of the system despite any talents.......and that you're indecisive about what you think about Quinn which would negate your hole theory about being a system player. Rigggggggggggggggggggght. ;)

enigmatics said:
Hahahah ok now explain to me what the difference is between a HOF'er and a HOF caliber player? Hahah you're a trip. Calling somebody a HOF caliber player is for somebody who doesn't have the balls to outright say that player will eventually be in the hall, pure and simple. It's a skate-around tactic.

I'm saying Ronnie is showing enough to be considered a rookie of the year candidate. I'm saying he's showing enough to be the best rookie runningback this year. I'm saying he's showing enough to be a great starting runningback for us. But that's where I'm leaving it. It's only his first year man.

No, saying someone has HOF talent, means their talent level is on par with players that make the HOF.

Saying someone will be a HOFer means just that.

How should I know if he WILL be a HOFer? He could blow out a knee and be done for, never to return to form. He could be a great player that never puts up great numbers because of sharing the carries. etc.

But, his talent level is on par with HOF RBs.

enigmatics said:
As soon as you attempt to understand your own cryptic blurbs on this forum, then perhaps it will be easier for me.

So far all you keep saying is that your gut feeling told you that Quinn's a product of Weiss's system.......and that being a system player denotes that you're successful because of the system despite any talents.......and that you're indecisive about what you think about Quinn which would negate your hole theory about being a system player. Rigggggggggggggggggggght. ;)

Once again, you just dont get it.

shellgh0st said:
Once again, you just dont get it.

shellgh0st said:
Being called a product of the system means your success is based on the system and not totally because of YOUR talent.
shellgh0st said:
That I have a gut feeling that Quinn is a product of the system. I explained why I had that gut feeling and that is the end of it.
shellgh0st said:
No, I am undecided about Quinn thus far.
shellgh0st said:
The things I posted, were the things I agreed with. Which is I felt Quinn is a product of the system. Don't like it? I don't care.

I do believe those were your words. How on earth you could consider him a system player when your "indecisive" at the very same time is pure crap.

enigmatics said:
I do believe those were your words. How on earth you could consider him a system player when your "indecisive" at the very same time is pure crap.

Im undecided because I have a feeling he is a product of the system.

You keep wanting me to justify with facts a FEELING. Get over it, its a FEELING I have.

I like a lot of things about him, but on the other hand, I have a FEELING he is a product of great coaching and their system. So, I am undecided until I see more.

Do you get it?

shellgh0st said:
Im undecided because I have a feeling he is a product of the system.

You keep wanting me to justify with facts a FEELING. Get over it, its a FEELING I have.

I like a lot of things about him, but on the other hand, I have a FEELING he is a product of great coaching and their system. So, I am undecided until I see more.

Do you get it?

.......but wait, don't the Dolphins now have great coaching and a system to go along with it? Why couldn't that same thing you're "feeling" about his success in his system translate over onto the Miami Dolphins if he were drafted? He'd get a runningback in Ronnie Brown (not to mention Ricky too). He'd get a tight end in Randy McMichael. He'd get recievers in Chambers and Booker. He'd get an ever-improving offensive line with one of the best line coaches in the game.

enigmatics said:
.......but wait, don't the Dolphins now have great coaching and a system to go along with it? Why couldn't that same thing you're "feeling" about his success in his system translate over onto the Miami Dolphins if he were drafted? He'd get a runningback in Ronnie Brown (not to mention Ricky too). He'd get a tight end in Randy McMichael. He'd get recievers in Chambers and Booker. He'd get an ever-improving offensive line with one of the best line coaches in the game.

I don't know if our OC and his system is on par with Weis and his system.

Look, you aren't going to sell me on Quinn. Quinn will sell me on Quinn.
I'm cheering for him. Hopefully, I get over this *feeling* but right now, I just feel he would have had a much different year had just your average college HC took over ND.

That doesn't mean my feeling is right (or wrong) but it means for ME, I am undecided until I see more from him.

islanddolphin said:
Did anyone hear O.J. McDuffie say this morning on his show that Quinn is just a product of the system and isnt that good. I have thought for a while that Quinn is the same player who didnt not look good in Ty's system the previous two years but is looking great now. I have a feeling Quinn will come into the NFL and wont get the job done. Just a feeling. He doesnt have the pure passing ability and great size of Leinart or the athletic ability and arm strength of some of the other quarterbacks. I know Brady doesnt either and he has played great but once again same system. So unless we plan on changing offensive coordinators and systems I think the Dolphins need to draft a quarterback that fits what they are doing now. Someone who is athletic, can roll out, with great touch on the deep ball.

No one looked good in Tys system. Quinn is looking good in a pro style offense not some gimmickie offense that makes the QB look at a lot better than they are. And Quinn is athletic, can roll out, and has nice touch on the deep ball. And he is 6'5 230 his size definitely isnt an issue lol. Try watching him play once in a while it'd really help

I think the Dolphins need to draft a quarterback that fits what they are doing now. Someone who is athletic, can roll out, with great touch on the deep ball.

Yeah, because that is something our QBs have always done :rolleyes:

DonShula84 said:
No one looked good in Tys system. Quinn is looking good in a pro style offense not some gimmickie offense that makes the QB look at a lot better than they are. And Quinn is athletic, can roll out, and has nice touch on the deep ball. And he is 6'5 230 his size definitely isnt an issue lol. Try watching him play once in a while it'd really help

That's all I'm sayin' - friggin' watch the guy......the talent is most definately there. In my opinion he's going to be further ahead of the learning curve than other QB's going into the draft because of his experience under Weiss and a pro-style attack.

Wow when i said ryan leaf way back on page 2. I mean't if your comparing people in size and arm strength. That's what the comment was, the person said Brady quinn is this tall and weighs this much, and has a "strong" arm. Well Ryan Leaf had all that in college. You guys need to chill when someone doesn't like the QB you do. I just think Quinn is REALLY over-rated right now. I'd like to see him stay another year and actually beat some good teams. Not get close and lose, like all this year. I can totally see both sides of this issue. But we have to remember the draft is along way away.

yeah why would anyone want a QB that's the product of a pro-style system that won 3 super bowls?

first of all, he's NOT a product of the system. what makes it "a system" is when you can plug in just about any QB into the offense and the results are the same. see mike leech's air-raid offense, spurrier's offense, and the run and shoot systems of the late 80s/early 90s. these systems also have something HUGE in common: they're all very easy to learn. mike leech has said before that he could teach any QB the offense in one day. charlie weiss's offense is NOT easy, and it's remarkable that quinn has picked it up so easily

oh, and for those who say quinn "sucked" the previous 2 years....LOL......last year was very good, and showed great improvement from his freshman season. 2800 yards, 17 TDs with 10 INTs. and he threw for 432 yards against purdue. just because YOU (anyone that said he sucks) didn't hear about him, DOESN'T MEAN HE SUCKED

Quinn is gonna be a good NFL QB

Back
Top Bottom