brady quinn the most over rated player in the land | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

brady quinn the most over rated player in the land

He had pretty good recievers at ND IMO.

good not great. They looked awesome against shoddy compitition, but only Shark made plays afterwards.

I think Weis' playcalling this year has sucked for the most part. Every time I see them play, they do a quick WR lateral to Shark atleast once a series.

Just because LSU killed them doesn't mean Quinn is average. I would not say he is the best college QB, but he is in the top 5.

This is why they need to form a playoff system. LSU vs Ohio St would be a great game!

Or SC/Florida or any combination of those games. WHY OH WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A PLAYOFF???

Quinn will be a bust,He can't win the big games.choker all the way...

There is a difference between choking in a big game and just not having a team that is as good as the top 5 or so programs. I guess Marino choked since he never won a Super Bowl then. I mean all those years and he only wins 1 AFC Championship, what a joke.

There is a difference between choking in a big game and just not having a team that is as good as the top 5 or so programs. I guess Marino choked since he never won a Super Bowl then. I mean all those years and he only wins 1 AFC Championship, what a joke.

At least Marino has gone to "the big game" and had a chance.But Quinn?..Excuses,excuses..What about Vince Young?.He Put his team on his back and took them all they way.What has Quinn done besides play for an over rated school..But good job on (I think) him loosing his 4th bowl game.

P.S.If they can't compete with top 5 teams WHY ARE THEY PLAYING THEM THEN!!..Just to sell tickets,that's about it..Tell me a big game Quinn has had that makes you think..Wow he did that against that D?.don't think you can.what a joke!.

Russel > Quinn.

At least Marino has gone to "the big game" and had a chance.But Quinn?..Excuses,excuses..What about Vince Young?.He Put his team on his back and took them all they way.What has Quinn done besides play for an over rated school..But good job on (I think) him loosing his 4th bowl game.

P.S.If they can't compete with top 5 teams WHY ARE THEY PLAYING THEM THEN!!..Just to sell tickets,that's about it..Tell me a big game Quinn has had that makes you think..Wow he did that against that D?.don't think you can.what a joke!.

Russel > Quinn.

So Marino gets a pass for losing big games, but atleast he got his team their? How does that make sense at all? Just admit you have a double standard for Marino because you like the Dolphins and hate ND. It's the only way you can say Marino never had the team around him to help him out but say Quinn sucks. Atleast I'm consistent in arguing that it takes more than one QB to beat really good teams. It's why Marino never did it and it's why Quinn never did it. But both players made their teams much better and put them in better position to win. And no I am in no way saying that Quinn is as good as Marino.

:lol: Vince Youngs team was stacked on both sides of the ball. He was a huge part of that team but lets not pretend that they were bad and he made them great. Vince Young was a great player, who has said any differently in this thread? Also Young put his team on his back and led Texas to a win vs USC. Quinn in that same year put his team on his back led the Irish down the field and gave them the lead with 2 min left with 5 yard TD run. The defense cant hold a lead, that isnt his fault. He didnt cover Jarrett on 4th down.

Them playing top 5 teams during the regular season is expected, they should play good teams. All teams should so not sure what dumb point you're trying to make with that. As for the bowl games, they dont pick their opponent! Believe me if they could they wouldnt have been playing LSU that's for sure. Watch ND games and then comment because ignorance and talking out of your *** is no excuse.

So Marino gets a pass for losing big games, but atleast he got his team their? How does that make sense at all? Just admit you have a double standard for Marino because you like the Dolphins and hate ND. It's the only way you can say Marino never had the team around him to help him out but say Quinn sucks. Atleast I'm consistent in arguing that it takes more than one QB to beat really good teams. It's why Marino never did it and it's why Quinn never did it. But both players made their teams much better and put them in better position to win. And no I am in no way saying that Quinn is as good as Marino.

:lol: Vince Youngs team was stacked on both sides of the ball. He was a huge part of that team but lets not pretend that they were bad and he made them great. Vince Young was a great player, who has said any differently in this thread? Also Young put his team on his back and led Texas to a win vs USC. Quinn in that same year put his team on his back led the Irish down the field and gave them the lead with 2 min left with 5 yard TD run. The defense cant hold a lead, that isnt his fault. He didnt cover Jarrett on 4th down.

Them playing top 5 teams during the regular season is expected, they should play good teams. All teams should so not sure what dumb point you're trying to make with that. As for the bowl games, they dont pick their opponent! Believe me if they could they wouldnt have been playing LSU that's for sure. Watch ND games and then comment because ignorance and talking out of your *** is no excuse.

Your paragraph about Texas brought a tear to my eye, never has such truth/poetry ever been typed on this board :D

I never said Marino got a pass or has,it's one of his KNOCKS of his career.I said ATLEAST he got them to the big game Unlike Quinn has done in the college ranks.Quinn has done jack SH** to impress me.So what,He almost led his team to ONE big win?..What about the other big games he's played in.What about going 0-4 in bowl games?.He's shown me nothing to make me thing he's a Number 1 QB in the draft.Just an over hyped ND QB.

Don't act like USC didn't have any talent.Lienhart,Bush,White,Jarrett,Steve Smith and that Offensive line and a Pretty decent,if not good D.Young put his team on his back and led them to the game winning TD.Didn't Crumble under pressure and kept his cool.Quinn Just crumbles when the games on the line.ND ALSO almost/should of lost to michigan state this year(or last not sure),but they blew it badddddd.

The only reason they played LSU was to sell tickets and tv raitings (since so many people all over love ND).
My point i'm trying to make is ND is an OVER HYPED school and I do not see the Hype in Quinn..You tell me a meaningful game Quinn has one and i'll shut up.

Don't act like USC didn't have any talent.Lienhart,Bush,White,Jarrett,Steve Smith and that Offensive line and a Pretty decent,if not good D.Young put his team on his back and led them to the game winning TD.Didn't Crumble under pressure and kept his cool.Quinn Just crumbles when the games on the line.ND ALSO almost/should of lost to michigan state this year(or last not sure),but they blew it badddddd.

lol, you mean like he did in that USC game? And when did I ever pretend anything about the USC team? Or like he did against UCLA, or Michigan St? He's played really badly in 1 big game, Michigan. The problem is people who dont follow college football see that one game, and see that ND loses to teams that are far better than them (Games they should lose) and think it's somehow Quinns fault.

As for Quinn not getting his team to the big game, he took them to 2 BCS games. Not a championship game and they got blown out by a very good LSU team but he still helped his team win enough games to get them to the BCS.

As for winning important games. I thought beating Michigan twice was pretty important, beating Tennessee was pretty important and winning almost 30 games overall has helped ND out quite a bit. You can place all the blame on Quinn for ND losing bowl games all you'd like but it's simply untrue. You know the last time Nd won a bowl game was when we were favored to win one! It isnt like we're going to bowl games losing to teams people expect us to beat. We're losing to teams that are simply better than us.

I've also said that ND was overhyped, from the preseason in fact when I didnt think we deserved to be ranked 2nd. BUT THAT ISNT ND's fault. Blame all the coaches who vote ND that high and all the sportswriters who do the same. ND doesnt get to decide the rankings. But ND being overrated doesnt mean Quinn sucks. Why this same argument always goes from Quinn is horrible blah blah blah to ND is overrated makes me laugh. It's like all you have talking points that you just copy and paste

lol, you mean like he did in that USC game? And when did I ever pretend anything about the USC team? Or like he did against UCLA, or Michigan St? He's played really badly in 1 big game, Michigan. The problem is people who dont follow college football see that one game, and see that ND loses to teams that are far better than them (Games they should lose) and think it's somehow Quinns fault.

As for Quinn not getting his team to the big game, he took them to 2 BCS games. Not a championship game and they got blown out by a very good LSU team but he still helped his team win enough games to get them to the BCS.

As for winning important games. I thought beating Michigan twice was pretty important, beating Tennessee was pretty important and winning almost 30 games overall has helped ND out quite a bit. You can place all the blame on Quinn for ND losing bowl games all you'd like but it'll just prove how little you know.

I've also said that ND was overhyped, from the preseason in fact when I didnt think we deserved to be ranked 2nd. BUT THAT ISNT ND's fault. Blame all the coaches who vote ND that high and all the sportswriters who do the same. ND doesnt get to decide the rankings. But ND being overrated doesnt mean Quinn sucks. Why this same argument always goes from Quinn is horrible blah blah blah to ND is overrated makes me laugh. It's like all you have talking points that you just copy and paste

I follow college football.Not as much as I do the NFL,But usually on saturday if i'm home i'll put games on.But,you got me on the ND games.I've only seen a couple this year(#11Michigan,Michigan State,#3USC,#4LSU).In those games I saw I wasn't impressed.Maybe in the other 9 games he was good?,I dunno.But loosing to 3 top teams and not winning one looks bad.You can't use that hes almost won 30 games,Cause I can say the same about Ken Dorsey (I know he wasnt even considered a 1st rounder just using as an example).Quinn had a almost 1,000 yard rusher and two 700 yard WR's.Not saying there good WR's but I think/like Samardzija and wonder why they didn't have more yards.
I could be wrong about Quinn,But will never know.He's either gonna be drafted by Oakland or Detroit.

1.Oakland is and will continue to suck as long as Al Davis is still there.Who's he gonna hire this time as HC?.A guy from 7-11?.

2.Detroit.Matt Millen,Need I say more?.He'll Become Joey II.

P.S. I never said Quinn Sucks cause ND is over hyped.I said he sucks for Not winning a big game against a top 5 team :cooldude:.

Fair enough. I'm not really arguing here that Quinn will end up being the next Montana in the NFL though. Just that he was good at ND and good for the team. I think he has the potential to be a fine NFL QB but I'm not a scout and no one really knows how things will turn out.

I follow college football.Not as much as I do the NFL,But usually on saturday if i'm home i'll put games on.But,you got me on the ND games.I've only seen a couple this year(#11Michigan,Michigan State,#3USC,#4LSU).In those games I saw I wasn't impressed.Maybe in the other 9 games he was good?,I dunno.But loosing to 3 top teams and not winning one looks bad.You can't use that hes almost won 30 games,Cause I can say the same about Ken Dorsey (I know he wasnt even considered a 1st rounder just using as an example).Quinn had a almost 1,000 yard rusher and two 700 yard WR's.Not saying there good WR's but I think/like Samardzija and wonder why they didn't have more yards.
I could be wrong about Quinn,But will never know.He's either gonna be drafted by Oakland or Detroit.

1.Oakland is and will continue to suck as long as Al Davis is still there.Who's he gonna hire this time as HC?.A guy from 7-11?.

2.Detroit.Matt Millen,Need I say more?.He'll Become Joey II.

P.S. I never said Quinn Sucks cause ND is over hyped.I said he sucks for Not winning a big game against a top 5 team :cooldude:.

Yea, because the QB is the only determining factor when it comes to beating a top 5 team. It has nothing to do with defense. None of NDs losses were Quinn's fault. But if you look at LSU vs Florida this year, LSU lost because of Russell's performance. Let's look at ND's last 9 bowl games: 9 losses. Quinn led his team to 4. 2 of which were BCS games. Without Quinn, they never would have had a chance to even be considered for BCS games. There are tons and tons of players who are never part of teams that beat top 5 teams. Using that as a reason a player sucks is a very weak argument. I mean what about Jay Cutler? Ben Roethlisberger? Byron leftwhich? Losman? Pennington? Steve Mcnair? McNabb?

How many top 5 teams did Drew Brees lead his team past? Peyton Manning?

Back
Top Bottom