Brandon marshall better than Larry Fitzgerald? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon marshall better than Larry Fitzgerald?

I would take Fitz over any reciever in the nfl. After that I would go with A Johnson. Then I would take Marshall. Having said that....IT IS FANTASTIC THAT WE HAVE A TOP 3 WR AND NO ONE ELSE IN OUR DIVISION EVEN HAS A TOP 10...maybe moss makes the top 10

Last edited by a moderator:
easy. his ability to get the DEEP BALL. one of the very few criticisms of marshall is his ability to go deep and his ypc

Kind of liking asking, "Who is more beautiful, Marissa Miller or Emmanuelle Chriqui?"

Neither answer is wrong. Do you like the blond or the brunette?

Marisa Miller... and it's not even close.

I think Fitz and Brandon Marshall are pretty even.....the difference is that Fitz had a future Hall of Fame QB in Kurt Warner throwing him the ball. Marshall had Cutler, Orton and some scrub QB's throwing it to him. I think only Andre Johnson is a better all around WR then Marshall right now, but Fitz is right there. All I know is Marshall is 50-100% better then any other WR we have,,,,and he should make all of them better.

I agree with Andre being #1 and Marshall and Fitzgerald close behind at 2a and 2b.

My stomach still turns a little every time I see the highlight of Andre ripping the ball out of Y. Bell's hands on 4th and 10 two seasons ago on the winning drive for the Texans against the Dolphins culminating with the infamous "no linebacker-goal line" defense allowing Schaub to QB draw into the end zone. Amazing play by Andre. Espn kept showing that play this past week when discussing Andre missing the 1st day of OTA's and wanting his contract renegotiated.

It seems like no matter what happens we always find a way to lose to the Houston Texans...it's just like the Texans always find a way to get beat by the Colts. The Texans never beat us by a lot but they always beat us by a field goal or less. I think they are the only NFL team we have never beaten. It drives me nuts. That opening day loss to them when Wanny was our coach still scars me.

i dont understand why marshall is made out to be the third best reciever.. i have him top 5 but, he doesnt eat up alot of yards.. hes great after catch but he doesnt exactly spread the field.. i would still take randy moss over him, talent wise. i would take calvin johnson over him.. Larry Fitzgerald almost won a superbowl by himself, andre johnson has never even been to the playoffs.. I would say...

1. Larry fitzgerald
2. Andre Johnson
3. Randy Moss
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Brandon Marshall

lets be serious, he is a miami dolphin but he has totalled how many double digit touchdown seasons? 100 receptions is remarkable but, that would make wes welker his heir apparent. When a reciever can take over in the playoffs like larry did, hes the best..

Last night I watched the 2008 Chargers / Broncos game (NFL Network), the one with the bad calls. Marshall destroyed Cromartie I couldn't believe how he completely dominated him.
That was the first time I paid attention to Marshall and I was amazed.
This guy is special and Miami hasn't had a receiver of his caliber in a very long time.
He is top 5 and that's good enough for me.

No way Randy Moss is#3 you have to look at the team these guys played for and their QBs

I honestly believe those are the 3 best WR in the league

The only thing that would put Andre and Fitz above Marshall is the off the field problems which I think will be gone after him coming home to Miami

First of all, I understand Marshall's off-field issues with shootings and a laceration to his arm from rough housing with his buddies, but his most recent issues revolved around his contract and the fact he felt that he deserved more money.

The guy was a 4th round pick I believe and as of last year, he was still playing for that original 4th round pick contract he signed. He definitely deserved a pay raise and he got it. Hopefully the whole contract issue is behind him and he stays away from night clubs with his home town friends.

That all being said, if any of you follow what's going on in Houston, Andre Johnson is fighting with the Texans on getting a new contract. The guy was a Top 5 pick and got paid when he entered the NFL and he is now pushing for a new contract. I understand his contract is up (I believe next year), but money is such a huge issue for these stud WR's and hopefully this proves that Marshall's behaviorial issues last year in Denver were solely based on the fact he felt he was under-paid, which he was.

I know this post is a bit all over the place, but I'm ultimately trying to say that I agree Marshall has had some stupid off-field issues, but let's put all the issues from last year aside since it's obvious they revolved around the fact he was not getting paid what he deserved.

i dont understand why marshall is made out to be the third best reciever.. i have him top 5 but, he doesnt eat up alot of yards.. hes great after catch but he doesnt exactly spread the field.. i would still take randy moss over him, talent wise. i would take calvin johnson over him.. Larry Fitzgerald almost won a superbowl by himself, andre johnson has never even been to the playoffs.. I would say...

1. Larry fitzgerald
2. Andre Johnson
3. Randy Moss
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Brandon Marshall

lets be serious, he is a miami dolphin but he has totalled how many double digit touchdown seasons? 100 receptions is remarkable but, that would make wes welker his heir apparent. When a reciever can take over in the playoffs like larry did, hes the best..

Why do people put CJ in a top 5 discussion. And Randy Moss yeah he's top 10 but no way is he top 5. But Calvin Johnson isn't a good enough NFL WR to warrant a top 5 ranking. Anquan Boldin is a better NFL WR than Johnson. Johnson has the talent but hasn't produced enough on the field to be top 5. Marshall is the 3rd best WR in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom