Brandon Marshall claims Revis benefits from “Jordan Rules” | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall claims Revis benefits from “Jordan Rules”

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...is-benefits-from-jordan-rules.html#more-15301

"During a Wednesday conference call with New York media, Marshall, who was named to his third Pro Bowl on Tuesday, claimed Revis benefits from “the Jordan Rules.”
He’s referring to Revis receiving preferential treatment from the referees. On the play in particular he’s implying that Revis committed a defensive pass interference penalty by initiating contact past the 5-yard cushion allowed.
“My technique couldn’t have been better, but at the same time, I think they gave him ‘the Jordan Rule,’ ” Marshall said on the conference call. “You get a little close to Michael Jordan they’re going to call a foul.”
According to the Associated Press, Marshall then claimed some officials are “scared to throw the flag” on Revis, and believes he would have gotten that call “nine times out of 10″ against someone other than Revis, the NFL’s premiere cornerback.
Revis was expected to be the conference call participant on Wednesday, but got pulled at the last minute, replaced by Plaxico Burress.
Now we know why.
CHALLENGE!"

[video=youtube;N7wjWzE_00k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N7wjWzE_00k[/video]

It's not just a Dolphin thing, I have seen similar comments from fans of other teams who's team plays the Jets that Revis mugs WR's on their team and gets away with it every time.... im sure Junc will be along to defend Revis any second, but I think Marshall has a legitimate point, as we are also used to the "Brady Rules" with him and any of the elite QBs, you fart near them and its a 15 yard personal foul, it could be the same thing with Revis where Refs just look the other way or just give Revis the ultimate benefit of the doubt

im with you, and we all saw that play, including the commentators.

it is true. that being said, Madison and Surtain were guilty of the same thing.

i still think revis is good but not GREAT, yet anyway. look forward to years of match ups between these too though.

im liking the talking. im liking the star power reggie and brandon bring to the table on this team. i think Hard Knocks is in our immediate future.

Of course it's true.

But if you don't think Revis is elite and THE best CB in the league, then you are totally misguided.

Of course it's true.

But if you don't think Revis is elite and THE best CB in the league, then you are totally misguided.
He's not. I'd take Nnamdi and Woodson over him every day of the week.

He's not. I'd take Nnamdi and Woodson over him every day of the week.

Well you are entitled to your opinion. But I would take Revis over any other DB in the league. In my book, it's not even close. The dude is nasty.

Of course it's true.

He is Elite but lets not fool ourselves being able to do some of the things he gets away with certainly helps.

He is Elite but lets not fool ourselves being able to do some of the things he gets away with certainly helps.

I never said he didn't get away with certain things.

Nobody denies Brady's skills, in yet he gets a roughing the passer call every time he is touched. He is still a top 3 QB in the league.

Don't be blinded by his puke green jersey. He is the best CB in the league. If he weren't, why would he be getting preferential treatment?

I never said he didn't get away with certain things.

Nobody denies Brady's skills, in yet he gets a roughing the passer call every time he is touched. He is still a top 3 QB in the league.

Don't be blinded by his puke green jersey. He is the best CB in the league. If he weren't, why would he be getting preferential treatment?

Lol, i can't even begin to tell you how many JETS games i've watch where D.Revis is pulling, holding, turning etc WRs disrupting their timing, acceleration well beyond the 5-yards. It goes without saying he certainly would have had a few more "Tedd Ginn" like moments to his resume! Certainly, "Superman" would be shown to "bleed" on several occasions.

Lol, i can't even begin to tell you how many JETS games i've watch where D.Revis is pulling, holding, turning etc WRs disrupting their timing, acceleration well beyond the 5-yards. It goes without saying he certainly would have had a few more "Tedd Ginn" like moments to his resume! Certainly, "Superman" would be shown to "bleed" on several occasions.
Boop. Boop

I'm sorry, but Revis has been passed on a lot this year. As of this year....theirs nothing great about him.

He's a top 10 corner. Nothing better. Not a top 5.

He gets away with blatant holding of the Jersey on each and every play. He doesnt even try to hide it...at all.

Karma is a beyotch, and I see Marshall getting over on turd island in a big way before its all said and done.

Well you are entitled to your opinion. But I would take Revis over any other DB in the league. In my book, it's not even close. The dude is nasty.

Taking Revis as well.

Nnamdi is only great in man coverage. He's not a zone coverage corner. Revis is a do-all be-all corner. Nnamdi has had a down season in Philadelphia after being lockdown in Oakland.

Philadelphia employs a zone defense. Oakland is primarily man coverage.

I've been saying it since last year, the guy tugs and pulls deceptively past your given 5 yards easy.. hes sneaky with it but its still obvious to these refs, Idn what thats about. Revis is the best CB in the league and Nnamdi on the eagles is not the same CB he was in Oakland... Hate that revis gets away with that crap but hes still very good. Refs just have to call it more.

Pulls tugs scraps claws.. plays DB the way it should be played. Not his fault the refs dont flag him every time he does it.

I would have sided with Nnamdi before this year, but Revis has clearly pulled away from the rest of the pack.

Woodson is still unreal, but strip them of the uniforms and give me one DB from this point on... its Revis.

Back
Top Bottom