Brandon Marshall claims Revis benefits from “Jordan Rules” | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall claims Revis benefits from “Jordan Rules”

well obviously i have went from being on the vontea davis band wagon to driving the the dang thing. I think davis is as good as revis.

the jets really suck
I hate them so freaking bad
i wish they would die

You are alone on that bandwagon. Vontae is good but, IMO he's not even close to Revis.

Is that really him or a product of the system and team around him?

Once the Cinderella story of Fat Rex loses steam, he will start getting called more. He could EASILY be flagged on 80% of the passing plays he sees regardless of if he is targeted or not.

Too bad Revis has only been flagged for 2 PI calls his entire career and 3 holding calls that were accepted. That was before this "star treatment". I find it hilarious that you think Revis isn't a top 5 CB, let your homer hatred cloud your judgment, or you just don't know what you are talking about. Keep whining for flags.

Too bad Revis has only been flagged for 2 PI calls his entire career and 3 holding calls that were accepted. That was before this "star treatment". I find it hilarious that you think Revis isn't a top 5 CB, let your homer hatred cloud your judgment, or you just don't know what you are talking about. Keep whining for flags.

Right, even though he is holding on every single play. Thanks for playing :up: and validating the ridiculous scenario that Brandon Marshall has so accurately pointed out.

It's easy to be considered top 5 when you get to play by a different set of rules. He falls somewhere between 5 and 10 in the league. Nothing more, nothing less. If everybody could hold jersey each and every play, he would be lower than that.

Keep letting you're babysh** green glasses squew your vision. How's that Snatchoize character working out for you?

You can get away with more contact as a DB when you're excellent enough to always be 'in-phase' with the guy you're covering. Revis is the most highly skilled CB in the league at using a variety of techniques, along with being adept at both man and zone concepts. Revis almost never gets 'out-of-phase' with the guy he's covering, which is why he gets away with more.

What he's doing is legal in every level of football, and was in the NFL until these absurd rules slanted towards fantasy football stats were implemented. Being in-phase with the receiver is what allows you to have your receiver covered, but also make plays on the football. If you're caught out-of-phase, you can't make plays on the football because you can't look for it... you have to get back in-phase first, and by that time it's too late in the NFL.

That's why Miami's secondary doesn't force turnovers like they should. The DB's are consistently caught out-of-phase and playing catch up.

You have to maintain some point of contact with your receiver (usually the inside/outside hip depending on leverage) in order to "feel' the routes develope and maintain your 'in-phase' integrity with the receiver.

The primary singular source of coaching tape at almost all DB coaching clinics is Darell Revis, I've seen 'em. Any Coach's Choice or Championship Productions clinics are using Revis as the primary source of teaching cornerback fundamentals. Everything from teaching pattern match concepts (converted zone-to-man) all the way to catch-man techniques uses Revis as the gold standard. He's the true definition of shutdown cornerback in the current era.... even from the slot.

Revis benefits from a reputation he earned, same as Brandon Marshall doesn't benefit from the reputation he earned. Neither reputation was given to either player.

The defensive player is entitled to his space, and on this particular play, Marshall is the one that self-admittedly initiated the contact by trying to use his body, but with poor technique. The refs had no reason to call a flag on Revis...

...and a terrible throw by the quarterback.

well obviously i have went from being on the vontea davis band wagon to driving the the dang thing. I think davis is as good as revis.

the jets really suck
I hate them so freaking bad
i wish they would die
You mean the same Vontae Davis who dropped a sure int in his hands last week, lost his reciever in the endzone for a td, and whiffed on a huge tackle. He isn't in the same league as Revis.

Source
According to the Elias Sports Bureau and several other NFL researchers, Revis hasn’t been flagged for pass interference since his rookie season in 2007 (when it happened twice) and has had defensive holding calls against him accepted three times — total — in his nearly five-year pro career.

Interesting

Don't you have to win championships to be compared to Michael Jordan?

B-b-but we were in the AFC Championship Game two years in a row!

I guess all the players and coaches who vote Revis to the probowl every year, and recognize him as the best corner in the league had no idea he was cheating on every play. Thank you so much Brandon Marshall for blowing the lid off this thing!

Now ... if football is a little too rough for you, maybe you can make a living filming tampon commercials :lol:

You can get away with more contact as a DB when you're excellent enough to always be 'in-phase' with the guy you're covering. Revis is the most highly skilled CB in the league at using a variety of techniques, along with being adept at both man and zone concepts. Revis almost never gets 'out-of-phase' with the guy he's covering, which is why he gets away with more.

What he's doing is legal in every level of football, and was in the NFL until these absurd rules slanted towards fantasy football stats were implemented. Being in-phase with the receiver is what allows you to have your receiver covered, but also make plays on the football. If you're caught out-of-phase, you can't make plays on the football because you can't look for it... you have to get back in-phase first, and by that time it's too late in the NFL.

That's why Miami's secondary doesn't force turnovers like they should. The DB's are consistently caught out-of-phase and playing catch up.

You have to maintain some point of contact with your receiver (usually the inside/outside hip depending on leverage) in order to "feel' the routes develope and maintain your 'in-phase' integrity with the receiver.

The primary singular source of coaching tape at almost all DB coaching clinics is Darell Revis, I've seen 'em. Any Coach's Choice or Championship Productions clinics are using Revis as the primary source of teaching cornerback fundamentals. Everything from teaching pattern match concepts (converted zone-to-man) all the way to catch-man techniques uses Revis as the gold standard. He's the true definition of shutdown cornerback in the current era.... even from the slot.

Revis benefits from a reputation he earned, same as Brandon Marshall doesn't benefit from the reputation he earned. Neither reputation was given to either player.

The defensive player is entitled to his space, and on this particular play, Marshall is the one that self-admittedly initiated the contact by trying to use his body, but with poor technique. The refs had no reason to call a flag on Revis...

...and a terrible throw by the quarterback.

Good post, there are a lot of issues with the Jets right now. Revis is the wrong player to downplay, hes a legit star and the best CB in the league. If the Jets could actually get a pass rush and a quality safety their defense could be elite and Revis could be even better. Right now we have the worst coverage safety in the league, last time I checked Eric Smith has given up more yards than any other safety in the league and we have no pass rush, QB's have all day to throw vs us most of the time.

Good post, there are a lot of issues with the Jets right now. Revis is the wrong player to downplay, hes a legit star and the best CB in the league. If the Jets could actually get a pass rush and a quality safety their defense could be elite and Revis could be even better. Right now we have the worst coverage safety in the league, last time I checked Eric Smith has given up more yards than any other safety in the league and we have no pass rush, QB's have all day to throw vs us most of the time.

Revis has benefited from a great pass rush. That always makes the corner better.
His he good? Yes. Can he be beaten, Yes.
He is not the top corner in the league...Vontae Davis is ...:brewskis:

I guess all the players and coaches who vote Revis to the probowl every year, and recognize him as the best corner in the league had no idea he was cheating on every play. Thank you so much Brandon Marshall for blowing the lid off this thing!

Now ... if football is a little too rough for you, maybe you can make a living filming tampon commercials :lol:

Sounds like Sanchez's next career, which will be starting in another 3-4 years...

Back
Top Bottom