Brandon Marshall is a Top 3 WR in the NFL | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall is a Top 3 WR in the NFL

is B-Marsh a Top 3 WR in the NFL to you?

• Total voters
Let me muddled this even more by your throwing consistency in here. If you argue brandon marshall dominates every year yet catches less catches that Wes for some reason why?. Its even more screwed as the longest 10 catches and 7 catches in consecutive games is held my Wes .brandon caught 32 catches in 2 games colts/baltimore [1/3 of his catches] then spend the next 14 games to catch the rest why?

In 3 yrs brandon has caught 307 Rec / 3710 yds / 25TDs
Wes welker 346 Rec/3688 yds /16 TD

so i guess the number of TD makes brandon better. as i mentioned some one rename the thread to OUTSIDE receivers ONLY.
you cannot the best solt guy in the game is not a WR,

Its not all about stats. Look at who each player played with at the receiver position, respectively.

Welker has had a HOFer in Randy Moss.
Marshall has had Eddie Royal.

Nuff said in that department.

Let me muddled this even more by your throwing consistency in here. If you argue brandon marshall dominates every year yet catches less catches that Wes for some reason why?. Its even more screwed as the longest 10 catches and 7 catches in consecutive games is held my Wes .brandon caught 32 catches in 2 games colts/baltimore [1/3 of his catches] then spend the next 14 games to catch the rest why?

so i guess the number of TD makes brandon better. as i mentioned some one rename the thread to OUTSIDE receivers ONLY.

I never one said Welker was not a WR?? But when your on a team that never runs the ball, and has a WR that demands double teams everytime, and is being covered by a LB, i dont consider that being a dominate WR. he wouldn't do that w/o Moss or a running team..

Agreed, but Welker wasnt anything before Moss. Bess has had a better 2 years w/o a true #1 then Welker has. No?

Not by much. Bess has had about 30 more catches, 100 more yards and 2 more TDs then Welker's first two seasons as a starter.

Not to mention Bess had Pennington and Henne throwing to him.
Welker had Gus and a banged up Daunte.

Not by much. Bess has had about 30 more catches, 100 more yards and 2 more TDs then Welker's first two seasons as a starter.

Not to mention Bess had Pennington and Henne throwing to him.
Welker had Gus and a banged up Daunte.

Its still better lol, but yeah Mashall will make Bess a better player...

after Andre and Fitz its really a toss up for the 3rd spot. Marshall, Jackson, Moss at times, eventually Desean Jackson might get up there

He's doing that in a spread offense with Randy Moss on the outside. Slot receivers have a much easier job of getting open than #1 receivers as they generally going against LB'rs or nickel backs instead of a #1 CB with safety help. I don't know how anyone could watch Marshall and Welker play and come to the conclusion that Welker is the better receiver.

If you were building a team from scratch, both were available, and you needed a receiver - would you take Welker over Marshall?

He's doing that in a spread offense with Randy Moss on the outside. Slot receivers have a much easier job of getting open than #1 receivers as they generally going against LB'rs or nickel backs instead of a #1 CB with safety help. I don't know how anyone could watch Marshall and Welker play and come to the conclusion that Welker is the better receiver.

If you were building a team from scratch, both were available, and you needed a receiver - would you take Welker over Marshall?
I agree, a guy like Bess fits the mold of Welker more than a #1 receiver like Marshall. Actually, I personally wouldn't be surprised to see Bess, not Marshall, be the player for the Dolphins that catches over 100 passes. Obviously Marshall will still get a huge amount of catches, but Bess could have Welker like success this season.

Welker isn't even close to marshall. He plays slot which means he goes up against the 2nd to 3rd best corners and sometimes even linebackers. With Marshall you will always see the best corner and even safety help. People saying Jennings, Jackson, driver or boldin are better are crazy. Andre Fitzgerald and Marshall easy the only person that is up there with them talent wise is Calvin but he's on a terrible team

Tier 2:
Randy Moss
Reggie Wayne
Calvin Johnson
Chad Ochocinco
Anquan Boldin
Steve Smith

Tier 3:
Greg Jennings
Miles Austin
Vincent Jackson
Marques Colston
Wes Welker

I would put Miles Austin firmly in tier 2. I also think its premature to throw Randy Moss in tier 2. He still had almost 1300 yards and 13 TD's last year. But it's possible that by the end of next year he could be a tier 2 guy.

And I think by the end of the year we will all agree that Ocho Cinco should be in tier 3. His play noticeably dropped off when I watched him play last year, and he's not getting any younger.

And anyone who thinks Vincent Jackson is a tier 3 receiver is nuts.

Lol. Steve smith way better?. The fact you even put sidney rice into this statement makes me piss myself with laughter. I find it. Laughable. . Most peoples arguement is he was a top 5 reciever with denver, but now put him on our roster and he isn't top 5.

imo boldin is on the down fall but theres noway boldin is in the same league as Marshall as for driver he is good but still not in the same league as Marshall steve smith ? imo is nowhere near the WR as Marshall
and sidney rice ? pluuuueasssss roflmao some people on here cracks me up shoot i can make a statement that bess is as good as rice the only 2 wrs that are right there with Marshall is frits and johnson other than that Marshall is ahead of the rest of the league and imho he is every bit the 3rd best wr in the NFL

Back
Top Bottom