Brandon Marshall is a Top 3 WR in the NFL | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall is a Top 3 WR in the NFL

is B-Marsh a Top 3 WR in the NFL to you?

• Total voters
Lol. Steve smith way better?. The fact you even put sidney rice into this statement makes me piss myself with laughter. I find it. Laughable. . Most peoples arguement is he was a top 5 reciever with denver, but now put him on our roster and he isn't top 5.
Thank you. Sidney Rice was a joke until Favre got there. As soon as the drama queen started throwing to him, he suddenly became an "elite" receiver.

I'm gonna go with this top three:

Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson (an absolutely monstrous talent on a horrible team his whole career).

But...Marshall is close. I'd make a case for Top 5 right NOW...and seeing as the guy will be 27 this year...I'd like to reevaluate after this year.

You're on crack, of course they have better stats there are 3HOF quaterback's, 3 Pro Bowl Quaterbacks, and One average QB THROWING THEM THE BALL HELLO!!! LOL

Kurt Warner Potential HOF - Fitz & Boldin
Brett Favre HOF- to one year wonder so far RICE
Peyton Im the freakin Man Manning HOF- UM Stud Reggie Wayne
Aaron Rodgers (projected #1 fantasy qb) - Driver
Phillip I'm a litte whinner Rivers (hate him) - to Jackson
And Delhome was good- to Steve Smith

WHO DID MARSHALL HAVE THROWING HIM THE BALL!?!?!

Jake only good in Arizona for maybe like 3 weeks Plummer!?!? JAY OVERRATED CRY BABY CUTLER !?!? And the other mountain man...Kyle I should be the spokes man for Gillette Orton... Wow great QB'S there Marshall will make you want to delete your obsurd statement.

Love your fellow Real Dolphan,
Agurewicz

C. Johnson is the most difficult WR for me to rate. I want to say that he'd be recognized as the best WR in the NFL if he were put into L. Fitzgerald or A. Johnson's situations. But, nobody can rightly say that. As it stands, he's the most talented WR in the NFL, and despite a poor - but improving - team, he's still in the conversation for top 5.

But...Marshall is close. I'd make a case for Top 5 right NOW...and seeing as the guy will be 27 this year...I'd like to reevaluate after this yea

No he won't.. Marshall will turn 27 next year about a month before the 2011 NFL Draft.

March 23rd.

We have this guy for his prime years -- age 26 (2010), 27 (2011), 28 (2012) 29 (2013). And 30.

He's under contract for 5 years (the tender year + the 4-year extension)

I'm gonna go with this top three:

Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson (an absolutely monstrous talent on a horrible team his whole career).

But...Marshall is close. I'd make a case for Top 5 right NOW...and seeing as the guy will be 27 this year...I'd like to reevaluate after this year.

I agree. I would put BM right behind Calvin Johnson, but its tight race between the two. They are both young, and in my opinion haven't hit their peek yet. I just cant imagine what Calvin would do if he were with a better team....but hey maybe the lions will be better one day :)

C. Johnson is the most difficult WR for me to rate. I want to say that he'd be recognized as the best WR in the NFL if he were put into L. Fitzgerald or A. Johnson's situations. But, nobody can rightly say that. As it stands, he's the most talented WR in the NFL, and despite a poor - but improving - team, he's still in the conversation for top 5.
He has to be considered based on pure talent alone. However, he needs to be more consistent for me to say he is better than Marshall. Its kind of like all of these people acting like Revis is the best defensive player in the league. He had one mediocre season, one pretty good season, and one amazing season. When he dominates for two or three years in a row (like Marshall), I might be willing to say that. Until then, you have to look at it as just potential.

He has to be considered based on pure talent alone. However, he needs to be more consistent for me to say he is better than Marshall. Its kind of like all of these people acting like Revis is the best defensive player in the league. He had one mediocre season, one pretty good season, and one amazing season. When he dominates for two or three years in a row (like Marshall), I might be willing to say that. Until then, you have to look at it as just potential.

Yea and before they name an island after him....Revis Island. I think Marshall will find that vacation spot a little boring.

No he won't.. Marshall will turn 27 next year about a month before the 2011 NFL Draft.

March 23rd.

We have this guy for his prime years -- age 26 (2010), 27 (2011), 28 (2012) 29 (2013). And 30.

He's under contract for 5 years (the tender year + the 4-year extension)

This was the point I was trying to make.

Its so hard to say "this amazing player is slightly better or worse than this amazing player". All I know is Marshall is so beast. The guy makes NFL players look like children against a man at times. He may be top 3...maybe top 5...maybe 1 after this year. But I know that we got a great receiver on this team. If he keeps his head on straight and helps us win a superbowl...HOF bound and one of the greatest ever to wear a phins uniform.
Obviously I am speculating with an optimistic outlook.

Don't forget that Marshall is younger than most on this list (including Fitzgerald and Johnson). He probably hasn't reached his full potential yet. And that's a scary/exciting thought.

1a. Fitzgerald 2a. Johnson 3. Marshall I don't see anybody else you can put in that spot. Steve Smith could be argued, but his off field issues sometimes messes up his on field production. Marshall is the third best WR in the game, with Moss getting older. Hard to argue.

Its so hard to say "this amazing player is slightly better or worse than this amazing player". All I know is Marshall is so beast. The guy makes NFL players look like children against a man at times. He may be top 3...maybe top 5...maybe 1 after this year. But I know that we got a great receiver on this team. If he keeps his head on straight and helps us win a superbowl...HOF bound and one of the greatest ever to wear a phins uniform.
Obviously I am speculating with an optimistic outlook.

That's probably the best thing that's been said on this thread. There's no reason to get obsessed with ranking one phenomenal receiver over another, the important thing to remember is that Marshall, Johnson, Fitzgerald, & others are all pretty awesome in their own way, and they are gonna do phenomenal things for their team every time they're on the field. We just happen to have one of those guys playing for our team right now, and if we play a team that has a Johnson or Fitzgerald on it, both receivers are most likely gonna do some great things and the winning or losing are gonna be based on what the whole team around them does.

That's probably the best thing that's been said on this thread. There's no reason to get obsessed with ranking one phenomenal receiver over another, the important thing to remember is that Marshall, Johnson, Fitzgerald, & others are all pretty awesome in their own way, and they are gonna do phenomenal things for their team every time they're on the field. We just happen to have one of those guys playing for our team right now, and if we play a team that has a Johnson or Fitzgerald on it, both receivers are most likely gonna do some great things and the winning or losing are gonna be based on what the whole team around them does.

Yea I agree. I just feel complete now that we have Marshall, that I wont have to worry whether he does well or not. I hope that feeling wont change once the season begins. I also find it kind of annoying when Jet fans try to compare Holmes to Marshall, as if they are even in the same ball park.

Back
Top Bottom