Brandon Marshall is a Top 3 WR in the NFL | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall is a Top 3 WR in the NFL

is B-Marsh a Top 3 WR in the NFL to you?

• Total voters
Don't you mean once the Lions get their crap together. I mean he isnt known as being lazy on the field or had any off-field problems so I dont know what you mean by his crap?
He's still kind of inconsistent. He also hasn't made it through an entire season without getting hurt yet. Sheer talent-wise, he's the best in he league. Once he gets the nuances down, he may actually may become that.

I think there are a number of receivers ahead of him Fitzgeral, Johnson, Bolden, Driver (maybe), Wayne, Steve Smith (way better), Rice (possibly...), Jackson...

Top three is a BIG statement....Top 10...yes...I wouldn't even go Top 5.

Lol. Steve smith way better?. The fact you even put sidney rice into this statement makes me piss myself with laughter. I find it. Laughable. . Most peoples arguement is he was a top 5 reciever with denver, but now put him on our roster and he isn't top 5.

I hate it when people bring this up.. because it means they haven't done any research at all and don't know the facts.. And /or they don't watch enough football to even lay claim to be worthy of writing a post about the subject.

The truth is Marshall ran A LOT of quick screens (and quick passes) for the Broncos over the past 2 years.. Much more often than any of the 'other' top receivers in the league.

By default that will always bring your YPC numbers down. But they did that because Marshall is so physical and is very good at gaining some yards on screens (or quick passes) after the catch... although it will bring his overall YPC number down, naturally.

But that had to do with coaching and their gameplan in Denver, it wasn't so much about Marshall's overall talents and what he can do for the right team.

Anyone who brings up Marshall's YPC number should be shot, when they try to use it in conjunction with his talent level.. because they have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to football and have very little (if any) basic understandings the game.

You hit the nail right on the head with this one. . Great explanation . .to try to argue that marshall does not stretch the field id so inaccurate that's its not even something worth arguing about because you just KNOW you're right

I have trouble in putting him ahead of Wes, WES in a 3yr span caught more balls than any WR in the history of NFL. 2 with brady but 1 was with Cassell .If marshall had caught the most in history over a 3 year span we have a thread saying he is THE BEST in NFL.

Andra Johnson and Fitz are so far ahead its not even the same. Then you have wayne , wes and other guys.

Top 10 yes ,top 5 not yet.

Marshall had a 2 good years with Cutler, and also had a great year with Orton, Mediocre Qbs in a mediocre system and still he puts up great numbers.. I just don't see it happenig with Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, they have great Qbs, This is the year Marshall explodes!!!

Once he gets his crap together he is going to be straight up scary, though.

This I can agree with. But he may never get his stuff together. When it comes to athletic ability and potential he is the greatest WR prospect ever IMO. But

Honestly, I thought Marshall was just about the best WR out there even before we got them. However, going back on this forum you'll see numerous posts from me saying that I hope we don't get him because of his attitude. Of course now I'm happy we've got him, but even though I'd say he's the best that doesn't take into account some of the other considerations that come along with him. I'm cautiously optimistic those things won't be a problem in Miami, but you never know.

Honestly, after David Boston I just can't get my hopes up until I see Marshall on the field in the regular season, especially after that (probably minor) hip issue, I'm having to pinch myself and hope things go well.

I have trouble in putting him ahead of Wes, WES in a 3yr span caught more balls than any WR in the history of NFL. 2 with brady but 1 was with Cassell .If marshall had caught the most in history over a 3 year span we have a thread saying he is THE BEST in NFL.

Andra Johnson and Fitz are so far ahead its not even the same. Then you have wayne , wes and other guys.

If you think Wes Welker is a top WR you are an idioit. When you catch 120 balls then only score 3 Tds then your not elite. Only 5 people have caught 100 3 straight years , Marshall is one of them. Marshall is a top 5 maybe even top 3.

Honestly, I thought Marshall was just about the best WR out there even before we got them. However, going back on this forum you'll see numerous posts from me saying that I hope we don't get him because of his attitude. Of course now I'm happy we've got him, but even though I'd say he's the best that doesn't take into account some of the other considerations that come along with him. I'm cautiously optimistic those things won't be a problem in Miami, but you never know.

Honestly, after David Boston I just can't get my hopes up until I see Marshall on the field in the regular season, especially after that (probably minor) hip issue, I'm having to pinch myself and hope things go well.

You can't really compare the 2 situations. Boston was a steriod user and he kinda sucked lol. Marshall even said he's grown up. He even sounds like a new man. The way he talks, the way he inserted himself in the community. He's married, he moved on from that one crazy *** girl he had.

Marshall also had hip surgery 1 maybe 2 years before this one and he still produces every year.

You can't really compare the 2 situations. Boston was a steriod user and he kinda sucked lol. Marshall even said he's grown up. He even sounds like a new man. The way he talks, the way he inserted himself in the community. He's married, he moved on from that one crazy *** girl he had.

Marshall also had hip surgery 1 maybe 2 years before this one and he still produces every year.

Not really comparing the two, just saying I know what it's like to get excited then bitten. And it's not just Boston, it's been guys like Culpepper too. That's actually probably the best example.

Hopefully Marshall will turn out more like Ricky in his first two years than Boston or Culpepper.

I think this is going to be Marshall's best year as a pro.

This is not only wishful thinking, I think it suits him. This is the first year he has been a thoroughly paid man. But don't look past the fact that we have the ability to terminate his contract after one year -- don't we? I think he is going to stake his claim to the contract we gave him.

Who do you put ahead of him? Welker is a great slot receiver but he can't do the things Marshall can as a receiver on the outside. He doesn't have near the physical ability. I'd say A. Johnson, L. Fitz and B. Marshall are top 3 - take your pick on who's #1.

Who do you put ahead of him? Welker is a great slot receiver but he can't do the things #1 receivers do on the outside and he doesn't have near the physical abilities of the top guys. A. Johnson, Fitz and Marshall are clearly top 3 IMO, you could put them in any order.

Who do you put ahead of him? Welker is a great slot receiver but he can't do the things #1 receivers do on the outside and he doesn't have near the physical abilities of the top guys. A. Johnson, Fitz and Marshall are clearly top 3 IMO, you could put them in any order.

Thanks Willie. Someone besides dolfans agree with Football fans. Marshall is a top 3 WR, I don't understand why people can't see that.

LOL.

LOL. That's hilarious kid. Tha ks for the laugh

Back
Top Bottom