Brandon Marshall on Sparono | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall on Sparono

your right Tony took over a 1-15 team with two talented teams in his divisiom. One who has a three time super owl champion QB. Who was in Cowher's division back in the 90's? Let's see Bengals, Browns, oilers and then the Jags. If you gave Tony 8 games vs those teams plus only having to beat them to get into the playoffs that would be easy. So yes I will believe that we should give him time with the team. Cowher has had records of 6-10 in the past once other actual legitimate teams, Ravens, started playing in his division. Don't be so quick to put him on a pedestal. He did nice things in Pitt but only won once in 15 years.

Keep telling yourself that while watching the team quit on him down the stretch twice! Oh by the way if Sparano had beat teams like the Lions, Bills, and Browns at home he might have made the playoffs! Jesus he is 1-9 in his last 10th home games! The only thing Cowher has incommon with Sparano is the title Head Coach! Sparano couldn't carry his jock.

love watching marshall play could care less about anything he has to say or do he is just too low a character guy for me to care about his thoughts

Too low a character guy??? Are you trying to be ironic?

You are the one a little over a week ago who was claiming that the more of an off field thug players are makes them better football players.....

Nick Saban was no where near as successful in the NFL as Tony Sparano

Here we go again with this STUPID argument. I mean do people really just say stuff sometimes? Im going to post this ONE MORE TIME. OK. Try and get it through your heads. After reading it, anyone who tries to compare Sparano to Cowher or even pretend that Cowher was ever in a position to be fired, should be ****ing banned. Period. You cant accomplish what this dude did and then get fired over a couple of mediocre seasons in a row. Its a huge difference from just coming out and being mediocre from the onset and staying that way OK.

When Sparano or any other coach you can ****ing name goes to the playoffs this season, then follows it with 5 more consecutive years of playoff births, mixing in a SB appearance, then the dude can go 7-9 three straight ****ing times if he wants to and I, and I doubt anyone else, will be calling for him to get fired. I ****ing promise.

Thanks.

Actually you should be the one who is banned for not taking the time to check the internet out before posting. Most people know Cowher benefited greatly from the roster that was handed to him after Knoll retired, I'm guessing you know Tony didn't really have that. Plus, it's called Google and if you type in "Bill Cowher on the hot seat in Pittsburgh" you will see that there are articles mentioning him on the hot seat in 1999 and 2000 after having a record of 6-10, 7-9, and 9-7 during the years from 2008-2010. And you can go find them yourself which is what you should have done in the first place.

After those three seasons the Rooney's still had faith in him that he could turn it around and in fact he did going 15-1 in 2004 and 11-5 in 2005 while finally winning the SB after they allowed him the time to upgrade the roster. So who's to say Tony can't do it as well? Oh right you do which makes it impossible to happen.

Man I can say one thing. This board sure had been 1000x's better without all of the god damn arm chair FO personel here bitching about how bad of a coach Sparano is and how Henne will never be a starting caliber QB since the offense has looked much better with the hiring of Daboll. Here's to hoping it continues.

Did Marshall forget to take his meds yesterday?

That champion qb went down with an injury, and the other talented team, fired their coach, and got rid of their qb after that season.

Oh and by the way, that champion qb has won the division twice since returning, and the other team has gone to 2 afc championship games in a row. While we have put up 2 stinker seasons, losing the last 3 games to end each.

Yeah that Champion QB also went 12-4 last year and the other team in our division went to the AFC Championship. Again did any of the teams have anything to offer in stopping Cowher's inherited team from becoming a division champ? No. If you want to be like the Lions, and Rams, and Cards and continue to change coaches and FOs ever 3 years we will continue struggle.

Keep telling yourself that while watching the team quit on him down the stretch twice! Oh by the way if Sparano had beat teams like the Lions, Bills, and Browns at home he might have made the playoffs! Jesus he is 1-9 in his last 10th home games! The only thing Cowher has incommon with Sparano is the title Head Coach! Sparano couldn't carry his jock.

Why because he went to 2 superbowls in 15 years? Lets give Tony 15 years and see what happens. Maybe we get to 2. Everytime we have a coach or a team struggle everyone wants to jump ship. No one on here is ever happy with the coaching job that is being done. Damn Tony went 11-5 his first year and everyone was happy, has a bad year, fire him. If that was the case with Cowher he would have been out after his first 6-10 year. Sorry only if he coached the Fins would fans want him fired. He had Kordell Stewart as his god damn QB!!!! He was as clueless as Tony with QBs until one fell in his lap.

Too low a character guy??? Are you trying to be ironic?

You are the one a little over a week ago who was claiming that the more of an off field thug players are makes them better football players.....

Can you read? It says he doesn't care what Marshal has to say. It doesn't say anything about his football skills. You guys all get worked up about what these ex athletes say. Most of these guys couldn't pass college english 101, but you all hang on their every word. I listen to guys like John Clayton who gives you an objective point of view not his opinion. Does he look like he was ever an athlete?

Why because he went to 2 superbowls in 15 years? Lets give Tony 15 years and see what happens. Maybe we get to 2. Everytime we have a coach or a team struggle everyone wants to jump ship. No one on here is ever happy with the coaching job that is being done. Damn Tony went 11-5 his first year and everyone was happy, has a bad year, fire him. If that was the case with Cowher he would have been out after his first 6-10 year. Sorry only if he coached the Fins would fans want him fired. He had Kordell Stewart as his god damn QB!!!! He was as clueless as Tony with QBs until one fell in his lap.

Fin fans ***** about their coaches because they have had turd after turd! Polish away, but Sparano is still a turd. The only reason he is still our coach is because our owner tried to keep a bird in the hand while he went digging through bushes and all the good birds flew away!

This 11-5 first year is getting old, look at what happened when he faced a tougher schedule. Back to back years of collapsing at home down the stretch.

Actually you should be the one who is banned for not taking the time to check the internet out before posting. Most people know Cowher benefited greatly from the roster that was handed to him after Knoll retired, I'm guessing you know Tony didn't really have that. Plus, it's called Google and if you type in "Bill Cowher on the hot seat in Pittsburgh" you will see that there are articles mentioning him on the hot seat in 1999 and 2000 after having a record of 6-10, 7-9, and 9-7 during the years from 2008-2010. And you can go find them yourself which is what you should have done in the first place.

After those three seasons the Rooney's still had faith in him that he could turn it around and in fact he did going 15-1 in 2004 and 11-5 in 2005 while finally winning the SB after they allowed him the time to upgrade the roster. So who's to say Tony can't do it as well? Oh right you do which makes it impossible to happen.

Man I can say one thing. This board sure had been 1000x's better without all of the god damn arm chair FO personel here bitching about how bad of a coach Sparano is and how Henne will never be a starting caliber QB since the offense has looked much better with the hiring of Daboll. Here's to hoping it continues.[/QUOTE

Yeah, and the point overrall he was making is patience and look at cowher and his situation years ago. I remember those years. I also remember how they never really had a pro bowl type QB. Now they do.

All Sparano and Ireland have to do now is turn this offense around to a top 10 offense with a top 5 defense consistently. We obviously have lots of top grade talent to put it all together. Our weakness right now is Right side of OL and RB depth with power. Thats it. Thats all I can see.

The offense has already changed for the better. We now just have to change for the better.

All these FO douches with the crappy attitudes are just disgruntled loser types who wouldnt know the first clue about bringing 50 guys together to fight a damn war. Forget it. All they understand is negativity and boo hoo blame game crap. Something good happens and you see change, and they are quick to remind you of the past but forget the past that did not work that we no longer use.

Can you read? It says he doesn't care what Marshal has to say. It doesn't say anything about his football skills. You guys all get worked up about what these ex athletes say. Most of these guys couldn't pass college english 101, but you all hang on their every word. I listen to guys like John Clayton who gives you an objective point of view not his opinion. Does he look like he was ever an athlete?

Can I read? Yeah I think so.
My point was exactly that.....that he doesn't care what Marshall have to say because he has "low character". Where exactly did I say that I care what he says or that I was hanging on his word? I can read well enough that I read my post 3 times now trying to decipher what in the world you are talking about and I didn't read anything about me saying anything about Marshalls skills OR what he said. I stated that dlock called Marshall low character as a derogatory statement when just last week he made comments about players that have hit women and are violent off the field and how that makes them better ball players.
You obviously didn't get what you were reading. It happens....

Back
Top Bottom