Brandon Marshall on Sparono | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall on Sparono

Fin fans ***** about their coaches because they have had turd after turd! Polish away, but Sparano is still a turd. The only reason he is still our coach is because our owner tried to keep a bird in the hand while he went digging through bushes and all the good birds flew away!

This 11-5 first year is getting old, look at what happened when he faced a tougher schedule. Back to back years of collapsing at home down the stretch.

I agree, I want him to do better. If we took two years of bad records to get rid of someone then Cowher would have been fired before he ever won a championship.
They are only Turds after we get them. Jimmy had titles behind him. Saban had great success in college. Cam ran a great offense in SD and now Tony.

If we do 7-9 again maybe we have to change but to change just becuase we think we found a new gem maybe right and maybe wrong.

I agree, I want him to do better. If we took two years of bad records to get rid of someone then Cowher would have been fired before he ever won a championship.
They are only Turds after we get them. Jimmy had titles behind him. Saban had great success in college. Cam ran a great offense in SD and now Tony.

If we do 7-9 again maybe we have to change but to change just becuase we think we found a new gem maybe right and maybe wrong.

Actually Cowhers first 6 seasons he went to the playoffs, won 6 playoff games, including a AFC Championship. So he earned the right to work through 2 bad years.

Sparano on the other hand is just a bad football coach! In Dallas his good old boy Parcells had to pull his play calling. He is suppose to be a oline guru yet each year ours gets worse despite spending high draft picks , and huge money on free agents! His ultra conservative, micro managing coach style cost us football games and turns off players. No I don't care what players are saying this year because the proof is twice down the stretch his teams fold at home.

Man I can say one thing. This board sure had been 1000x's better without all of the god damn arm chair FO personel here bitching about how bad of a coach Sparano is and how Henne will never be a starting caliber QB since the offense has looked much better with the hiring of Daboll. Here's to hoping it continues.

That is the truth they seem to only come out when someone post something negative hence why none of the crap came into the positive posts. But like i say people are idiots and cant help but complain because they have nothing else to do.

Actually Cowhers first 6 seasons he went to the playoffs, won 6 playoff games, including a AFC Championship. So he earned the right to work through 2 bad years.

Sparano on the other hand is just a bad football coach! In Dallas his good old boy Parcells had to pull his play calling. He is suppose to be a oline guru yet each year ours gets worse despite spending high draft picks , and huge money on free agents! His ultra conservative, micro managing coach style cost us football games and turns off players. No I don't care what players are saying this year because the proof is twice down the stretch his teams fold at home.

I would take Cowher in a heartbeat no matter what I think or thought of Tony. Now Gruden on the other hand is kind of worthless and in fact should do the right thing by tithing half his next OC salary to Tony Dungy.

I get Cowher going to the playoffs 6 years buys him time. He inherited a much better team than Tony and played in a much easier division than we currently reside in. Yes those are excuses but also reality. I've said if he can't get it turned around than we have to get rid of him. I hate that everyone thinks we should just change coaches after two years. It hasn't worked for us for 10 years but we all still keep going on about it.

Yes here comes the o-line guru ****. Do you believe that the Head Coach has time to spend with just the o-line? Isn't that why we have a o-line coach? His job is to be the president of the Miami Dolphins football team. His job is to find good like minded people to coach up each position and when they don't then he changes them. Which he has done now with Paul P and Dan H. That is what good leaders in all industries do not just football. Have we missed on players, sure we have. Is the o-line fixed, not at all. Even the great Bill B scews up picks. Look at fatty Cannon, or Wheatley, or Chad Jackson. Bill B is supposed to be a defensive genius yet his team two years ago on defense stunk. It happens.

I get Cowher going to the playoffs 6 years buys him time. He inherited a much better team than Tony and played in a much easier division than we currently reside in. Yes those are excuses but also reality. I've said if he can't get it turned around than we have to get rid of him. I hate that everyone thinks we should just change coaches after two years. It hasn't worked for us for 10 years but we all still keep going on about it.

Where is the 2 year thing coming from? Jimmy got 4 years. Wanny got 4.5 years. Saban got 2 years, but his departure was not our choice as we all know. Sparano is now going on year 4. The only regime that qualifies is the Cameron regime. If anything we've been pretty patient with these regimes. Perhaps a little bit too patient.

Actually you should be the one who is banned for not taking the time to check the internet out before posting. Most people know Cowher benefited greatly from the roster that was handed to him after Knoll retired, I'm guessing you know Tony didn't really have that. Plus, it's called Google and if you type in "Bill Cowher on the hot seat in Pittsburgh" you will see that there are articles mentioning him on the hot seat in 1999 and 2000 after having a record of 6-10, 7-9, and 9-7 during the years from 2008-2010. And you can go find them yourself which is what you should have done in the first place.

After those three seasons the Rooney's still had faith in him that he could turn it around and in fact he did going 15-1 in 2004 and 11-5 in 2005 while finally winning the SB after they allowed him the time to upgrade the roster. So who's to say Tony can't do it as well? Oh right you do which makes it impossible to happen.

Man I can say one thing. This board sure had been 1000x's better without all of the god damn arm chair FO personel here bitching about how bad of a coach Sparano is and how Henne will never be a starting caliber QB since the offense has looked much better with the hiring of Daboll. Here's to hoping it continues.

You are usually more rationale then this! Henne has looked better, but the offense as a unit is still struggling because of poor oline play killing the fun game. That is on.Sparano and his constant tinkering, it is year 4 so it warrants concern and complaint.

Yes here comes the o-line guru ****. Do you believe that the Head Coach has time to spend with just the o-line? Isn't that why we have a o-line coach? His job is to be the president of the Miami Dolphins football team. His job is to find good like minded people to coach up each position and when they don't then he changes them. Which he has done now with Paul P and Dan H. That is what good leaders in all industries do not just football. Have we missed on players, sure we have. Is the o-line fixed, not at all. Even the great Bill B scews up picks. Look at fatty Cannon, or Wheatley, or Chad Jackson. Bill B is supposed to be a defensive genius yet his team two years ago on defense stunk. It happens.

Debatable under Nolls final 4 years the Steelers hovered between 7-9 wins with a single wildcard birth. The organization needed a change in direction. The 07 Dolphins were not a good team, but they weren't as bad as our record indicated lots of injuries.

I would take Cowher in a heartbeat no matter what I think or thought of Tony. Now Gruden on the other hand is kind of worthless and in fact should do the right thing by tithing half his next OC salary to Tony Dungy.

I for one don't want Gruden either, I think he owes his ring to Dungy. Anybody that has played with Gruden has said they really didn't like him as a coach at all, rather ride with sparano at this point. Would I rather have Cowher at this point? Of course I would, but it would hurt me to see Nolan go because of it, but it is what it is.

Debatable under Nolls final 4 years the Steelers hovered between 7-9 wins with a single wildcard birth. The organization needed a change in direction. The 07 Dolphins were not a good team, but they weren't as bad as our record indicated lots of injuries.

I agree but when you take a look at the roster from that year it was pretty void of talent. I don't totally disagree with you but this coaching staff has put together a top 5 defense, has grab some very nice pieces on offense and finally realized its 2011 not 1981 and got a new OC. I think we should be willing to see how this team plays for him.

.[/QUOTE]

Where is the 2 year thing coming from? Jimmy got 4 years. Wanny got 4.5 years. Saban got 2 years, but his departure was not our choice as we all know. Sparano is now going on year 4. The only regime that qualifies is the Cameron regime. If anything we've been pretty patient with these regimes. Perhaps a little bit too patient. .[/QUOTE]

We went 11-5 and went to the playoffs for the first time in forever. The next year our starting QB went down 4 games into the year and we went 7-9. People were calling for Sparano's head then. 2 years. Now third year comes along and we go 7-9 with a new starting QB and go 7-9 once again and played tough in many of the losses. We are calling for heads. Lots of people were calling for Tony's head after the first 7-9 even though we lost our starting QB. All I'm asking for is to take some perspective.

Why because he went to 2 superbowls in 15 years? Lets give Tony 15 years and see what happens. Maybe we get to 2. Everytime we have a coach or a team struggle everyone wants to jump ship. No one on here is ever happy with the coaching job that is being done. Damn Tony went 11-5 his first year and everyone was happy, has a bad year, fire him. If that was the case with Cowher he would have been out after his first 6-10 year. Sorry only if he coached the Fins would fans want him fired. He had Kordell Stewart as his god damn QB!!!! He was as clueless as Tony with QBs until one fell in his lap.

two bad years

I agree but when you take a look at the roster from that year it was pretty void of talent. I don't totally disagree with you but this coaching staff has put together a top 5 defense, has grab some very nice pieces on offense and finally realized its 2011 not 1981 and got a new OC. I think we should be willing to see how this team plays for him.

Where is the 2 year thing coming from? Jimmy got 4 years. Wanny got 4.5 years. Saban got 2 years, but his departure was not our choice as we all know. Sparano is now going on year 4. The only regime that qualifies is the Cameron regime. If anything we've been pretty patient with these regimes. Perhaps a little bit too patient. .[/QUOTE]

We went 11-5 and went to the playoffs for the first time in forever. The next year our starting QB went down 4 games into the year and we went 7-9. People were calling for Sparano's head then. 2 years. Now third year comes along and we go 7-9 with a new starting QB and go 7-9 once again and played tough in many of the losses. We are calling for heads. Lots of people were calling for Tony's head after the first 7-9 even though we lost our starting QB. All I'm asking for is to take some perspective.[/QUOTE]

To me top 5 defenses make game changing plays, turnovers and stops. Ours seems to come up short in that department the majority of the time. Until they generate more in those categories they aren't a elite unit just a good unit. Success isn't defined by building half a football team.

u guys will jsut cry about everything. 1 team out of 32 . . 1 team! wins every year. only 2 get to the dance and only 4 are even really close. that leaves 28 teams 28!! every year who might win 1 playoff game or not. . . you act like in 4 years teams are just supposed to be perennial contenders and dominant teams. this league does not function that way period. in my opinion u dont get rid of a coach/regime until their players fizzle out and they are winding down and gettin back to rebuilding anyway, or if they are just down right at the bottom of the league every year. as long as you see some progress you should keep them IMO. we have had some tough losses and some glaring holes the past 2 years. in 09 it was the defense giving up huge plays and in 10 it was the offense which had to do alot with Henning i am no convinced. Trust me i was completly against henne and thought blaming henning was off base, but now i think i was completly wrong about that. we will see soon enough though. so why complain on every positive thread like a bunch of little girls b/c in 2 quarters of a rpeseason game the o-line didnt look great? dont you have anything better to do?

You are usually more rationale then this! Henne has looked better, but the offense as a unit is still struggling because of poor oline play killing the fun game. That is on.Sparano and his constant tinkering, it is year 4 so it warrants concern and complaint.

I agree the line falls on Sparano. It was one of the reasons I didn't mind the Pouncey pick and was banging the drum for them to sign one of the premiere free agent guards. As you know because we posted about it quite often that I felt Henne couuld definitely be a starting caliber quarterback with a better offensive coordinator. Only time will tell but it appears Henne may have turned the corner with Daboll's help. Hopefully the line begins to play better because if they don't Henne will get killed and any progression he has made will be lost in the fray.

My post was in regards to him saying Cowher wasn't on the hot seat after two losing seasons and one marginal one. There were all kinds of reports about whether his tough Guy mentality had played its course in the locker room and that the players in turn were no longer motivated but annoyed and tired of it. Luckily for the Steelers the Rooney's didn't see it that way and allowed him to rebuild the roster in which he rewarded them with a super bowl.

I just think that after Sparano's has come out publically and stated that his old mentallity of three yards and a: cloud of dust no longer works in the NFL that we need to wait and see how this offense looks during the regular season before we chastise him. Say what you want about him finally getting it and that its taken much to long but I applaud him for looking in the mirror and finding his coaching faults. I mean with his recent statements about how the NFL has become a passing league and how that ball controlled offenses are a thing of the past he pretty much told Parcell's I tried it your way and look where it got me. I'm now gonna try it mine and at least go down swinging and in my opinion he deserves that chance.

I agree the line falls on Sparano. It was one of the reasons I didn't mind the Pouncey pick and was banging the drum for them to sign one of the premiere free agent guards. As you know because we posted about it quite often that I felt Henne couuld definitely be a starting caliber quarterback with a better offensive coordinator. Only time will tell but it appears Henne may have turned the corner with Daboll's help. Hopefully the line begins to play better because if they don't Henne will get killed and any progression he has made will be lost in the fray.

My post was in regards to him saying Cowher wasn't on the hot seat after two losing seasons and one marginal one. There were all kinds of reports about whether his tough Guy mentality had played its course in the locker room and that the players in turn were no longer motivated but annoyed and tired of it. Luckily for the Steelers the Rooney's didn't see it that way and allowed him to rebuild the roster in which he rewarded them with a super bowl.

I just think that after Sparano's has come out publically and stated that his old mentallity of three yards and a: cloud of dust no longer works in the NFL that we need to wait and see how this offense looks during the regular season before we chastise him. Say what you want about him finally getting it and that its taken much to long but I applaud him for looking in the mirror and finding his coaching faults. I mean with his recent statements about how the NFL has become a passing league and how that ball controlled offenses are a thing of the past he pretty much told Parcell's I tried it your way and look where it got me. I'm now gonna try it mine and at least go down swinging and in my opinion he deserves that chance.

We shall see talk is one thing and in the heat of battle people tend to revert to what they know. I want to believe him, but he has spoke out of both sides of his mouth this preseason. One week it was I know people want more explosiveness but that isn't me and that's not who I am. The next week it is I need to change. I am wait and see mode by the bye week we will have the majority of questions, doubts and theories answered.

Back
Top Bottom