Brandon Marshall on Sparono | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall on Sparono

Tony cant give a speech with out saying 75 Okay's, and ums ! He says nothing! Look at the history of great coaches! they know how to use verbage that shows intelligence!

Tony cant give a speech with out saying 75 Okay's, and ums ! He says nothing! Look at the history of great coaches! they know how to use verbage that shows intelligence!

That is when he is addressing media. I seriously doubt Sparano's motivational speeches give Marshall tingles if he is doing this while motivating players. I, for one, enjoyed his speech about needing fans. It made me want to come to the games and I live in NC. I can see him being good at the motivation bit.

We shall see talk is one thing and in the heat of battle people tend to revert to what they know. I want to believe him, but he has spoke out of both sides of his mouth this preseason. One week it was I know people want more explosiveness but that isn't me and that's not who I am. The next week it is I need to change. I am wait and see mode by the bye week we will have the majority of questions, doubts and theories answered.

Totally agree with you here. At the beginning of the offseason he said he was a grind it out guy and that he would stick to his game plan. But I think something changed in him when he reviewed how other teams philosphies on offense (speading out the defense/taking advantage of mismatches) produced more wins vs his play it safe/don't lose offensive mentallity. He has come out and publically stated he needed to change and I'm willing to give him that chance.

It definitly won't be easy for Sparano to change because in his presser after the Bucs game he said something to the fact that he asked Daboll, after the offense had thrown the ball 6 or 7 times straight when they were going to run the ball. He then said I'm an old school coach and said It's just what I have in my blood and am used to. To his credit though he didn't make Daboll change his strategy he let him call his game and that is what he needs to do.

However, if the game comes down to crunch time in the 4th quarter with us having the lead by less than 4 points I think we will truely see if he has changed. Will he let Daboll keep calling an attacking game and go for the win or will he revert back to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust try not to lose offense? I think it will be easily seen if he has truelly converted and like you I'm guessing we will know by the buy week.

Totally agree with you here. At the beginning of the offseason he said he was a grind it out guy and that he would stick to his game plan. But I think something changed in him when he reviewed how other teams philosphies on offense (speading out the defense/taking advantage of mismatches) produced more wins vs his play it safe/don't lose offensive mentallity. He has come out and publically stated he needed to change and I'm willing to give him that chance.

It definitly won't be easy for Sparano to change because in his presser after the Bucs game he said somethiong to the fact that he asked Daboll, after the offense had thrown the ball 6 or 7 times straight when they were going to run the ball. He then said I'm an old school coach and said It's just what I have in my blood and am used to. To his credit though he didn't make Daboll change his strategy he let him call his game and that is what he needs to do.

However, if the game comes down to crunch time in the 4th quarter with us having the lead by less than 4 points I think we will truely see if he has changed. Will he let Daboll keep calling an attacking game and go for the win or will he revert back to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust try not to lose offense? I think it will be easily seen if he has truelly converted and like you I'm guessing we will know by the buy week.

Yep he lost me at the Saints game to me that was his defining point. He had his foot on their throat and let off! I hope he has changed because I really don't want to go through another season of failure! Let's see what he does when the bullets start flying Tony! Until then talk is cheap! As far as why he changed his tune? He would have to be a moron to think he is going to grind it out behind that line! I am seriously concerned our backfield suffers injuries.

Sparano has been very Nick Sabanesque here yet people want to compare him to Cowher, hell u couldnt compare him to wanny at this point

Wanny is actually a pretty darn good defensive coordinator. If he really wanted to he would get a job like that. Sparano on the other hand won't even get to coach beyond the o-line in the nfl.

Back
Top Bottom