Brandon Marshall takes aim at critics | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall takes aim at critics

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
“And I honestly don’t think that those guys were elite players, including Sterling Sharpe. I don’t…I’ve got to turn on the film and see what he was able to do, I know he’s done some good things. But from my understanding he’s not a Hall of Fame guy.”

Darlington posted a video of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRvwlzmL7d4&feature=player_embedded

I don't know how many of you guys have seen this video...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81aef266/Playbook-Marshall-s-disappearing-act

But in it Mike Mayock, Solomon Wilcots and Sterling Sharpe dog Brandon Marshall pretty bad for the final four plays of the game. They criticize his stamina, his effort level, say that if he wants to be a big money man he needs to bring it better than that...but worst of all to me was the condescension level.

I think Marshall had every right to say this.

marshall had ever right to say what he said. i dont agree about what he said about sharpe (was heck of a player)

I agree, Marshall was killing it for 3.9 quarters in the most continuous REAL action he's seen since Denver. The dude was gassed after that bomb from Henne. If the tank is empty, it's empty. I guess we should have FAKED AN INJURY like the Jets to give ourselves a breather (yes I know it would have counted as a timeout in the last 2 minutes, I was being sarcastic.)

However, this whole thing may wind up being a GOOD thing because it could motivate B-Marsh to prove them wrong.

Marshall had every right to retaliate because the NFL Network boys did a bad job with this criticism. Firstly, let's take aside the 1st & 2nd down plays.

What exactly is wrong with those 3rd & 4th down plays he ran? Was he dogging it? No. Did he look too tired to try? No. He was using his arms and hands really actively to try and create separation in the SHORT and TIGHT spaces around the end zone. On both plays. Neither of those plays did I sense an issue of being tired.

Now back to 1st and 2nd down. Why is Brandon Marshall still in there on that 1st & 10 from the 11? The dude had just caught a nice come back route, made a guy completely whiff on a tackle, and then is off to the races 25 yards running after the catch. I swear 99% of the time I see a player making a play like that, where is he the very next play? On the sidelines, taking a 1- or 2-play breather.

So they keep him on the field. And then what do they do? Call his number on a fade route in the end zone 30 seconds after that catch and run? Are you retarded? He was already tired at the end of that catch and run, otherwise it'd have been a 41 yard TD and not a 30 yard catch. And now you want him to make a circus catch in the end zone 30 seconds later.

Good luck with THAT.

Wasted play. Wasted play call. And worse, you ensured that he was going to be tired on that 2nd & 10 play when Henne did actually come back to him to see if he could throw it to Brandon, and found him well covered.

That's on the coaches, not on Marshall.

I agree, Marshall was killing it for 3.9 quarters in the most continuous REAL action he's seen since Denver. The dude was gassed after that bomb from Henne. If the tank is empty, it's empty. I guess we should have FAKED AN INJURY like the Jets to give ourselves a breather (yes I know it would have counted as a timeout in the last 2 minutes, I was being sarcastic.)

However, this whole thing may wind up being a GOOD thing because it could motivate B-Marsh to prove them wrong.

i agree.. and yes this will motivate marshall. i see him going into beast mode from here on out

Agreed. If they are going to call out Brandon like they did, then he has every right to defend himself. Which he did rather well I thought. Thanks for the video CK.

there is only one thing i disagree with what the beast said. '' cromartie is a top 5 CB in the league''. the beast was prob joking though.

The whole thing for me is a non issue at this point, if he had lesser of a game it might be an issue.
Truth is it should not even have come down the last four plays and you can't just single out Marshall
for the last four plays.

that whole video with mayock and company is completely ridiculous

1- the fins wouldn't have even been in the game if it wasn't for Marshall, he lit up our offence all night long

2- Brandon , like CK said, just ran a long route and was obviously gassed ... what's the idea of going right back to him ? WTF !?!

3- on the 3rd and 4th down plays, the play was designed to go on the other side of the hash-mark that Marshall did not occupy. Henne made his read and threw those two balls because he thought he could squeeze them in (he followed his read)

I won't be displeased with Brandon for those four plays one bit... there's no reason to be mad or disapointed in the guy, You might wanna say we needed him to make a play, that he's there for that. Well if that's the case, take a time out, or take him off the field for the 2nd or 3rd downs, give him some rest, and then go right back at him

Marshall played lights out on sunday and he's the last person to blame on that dolphins sideline for that loss

on a sidenote ...

Dan Henning is the fool, and my wish is finally coming to fruition ... The only way us fans can see him leaving, is if he really mismanages his offence, or he mismanages Marshall

right now, Marshall is taking heat because Henning mismanaged those final four plays... I can bet your *** and mine that Brandon is biting his tongue and has a hard time keeping the name Dan Henning, from coming out of his mouth right now, especially after the heat he just took by the three douchebags on nfl.com ...

if marshall ticks off ... Ireland won't get rid of him, he'll get rid of Henning, no doubt about it

make it happen brandon ... lol

He was wrong when he said Sterling wasn't elite. But he wasn't wrong when he clarified and said he would have to pop in the film and see what he brought to the table but it's his understanding that Sterling isn't a Hall of Famer or anything.

This isn't Ted Ginn criticizing Sterling Sharpe. This isn't Kenny Britt. This is Brandon Marshall. He's earned the right to shoot right back at Sterling Sharpe when Sharpe sends an unfair criticism his way.

He has every right to be upset with the criticism, but the way he retaliated is a matter of judgment. I'm not sure it's productive or even necessary to call out the "eliteness" of the careers of the people who are criticizing you. That being said, since I'm a BMarsh fan I'm likely to side with him until he does something egregious, but still...just not sure he had to do it in that way.

The whole thing for me is a non issue at this point, if he had lesser of a game it might be an issue.
Truth is it should not even have come down the last four plays and you can't just single out Marshall
for the last four plays.

I hope it's not a non-issue.

I hope Brandon Marshall MAKES it an issue in front of a national audience on Monday Night Football.

He has every right to be upset with the criticism, but the way he retaliated is a matter of judgment. I'm not sure it's productive or even necessary to call out the "eliteness" of the careers of the people who are criticizing you. That being said, since I'm a BMarsh fan I'm likely to side with him until he does something egregious, but still...just not sure he had to do it in that way.

First off, that segment was a hit job, and it wasn't fair.

Second, the condescension is what got me. It was like these guys were deigning to come down from their high thrones and rebuke a little puppy for his bad mess and then give him a treat and tell him he's a good dog and he'll do better next time.

Who the **** are they? Seriously, who the **** are they? When he points out they're not elite players or anything, that's what he's saying. He'll listen to Michael Irvin, someone like that. Notice he talked on radio with Michael Irvin ABOUT that sequence of plays, and it not only went much better but Marshall even admitted he wished he had better legs at that point in the game.

Back
Top Bottom