Brandon Marshall takes aim at critics | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall takes aim at critics

Well of course Allen is going to get targeted. Vontae has been shutting down his man.

no...vontae hasn't even been tested...there's a difference...it's too easy pickins to teams if you protect the qb to go at allen

no...vontae hasn't even been tested...there's a difference...it's too easy pickins to teams if you protect the qb to go at allen
I disagree. If Vontae's not being tested, than it must mean he's covering his man. No QB in the NFL is going to say "I'm throwing towards Jason Allen, and I don't give a **** if Vontae Davis gets toasted, I'm not throwing at him"

QBs fear vontae, making them throw at Jason. Brett Favre threw 2 picks to Jason because he was so worried about throwing to Vontae's side. Vontae is really coming along nicely. Randy Moss will be his biggest test this year, but he and Randy Moss had some pretty good duels last year.

I disagree. If Vontae's not being tested, than it must mean he's covering his man. No QB in the NFL is going to say "I'm throwing towards Jason Allen, and I don't give a **** if Vontae Davis gets toasted, I'm not throwing at him"

QBs fear vontae, making them throw at Jason. Brett Favre threw 2 picks to Jason because he was so worried about throwing to Vontae's side. Vontae is really coming along nicely. Randy Moss will be his biggest test this year, but he and Randy Moss had some pretty good duels last year.

i don't know if qbs fear vontae or not...i think they see that he's got the total all around game that maybe if they don't have to they'd rather look elsewhere with the game plan...but the oc is gonna attack what he perceives is the weakness til proven otherwise...and that guy is jason allen...and the jets did just that with plenty of success...bill beli is gonna do the same this week...if brady has time its gonna be ugly

the guy everyones looking at and licking their lips against is jason allen...chomping at the bit to go at him

i think what we're gonna find is as long as jason allen is the starting cb opposite vontae this year there will be a direct correlation between how much success we have with the pass rush in games and how much success he has in coverage etc

in other words if we can't get quick pressure on qbs with the front etc jason allens gonna get exposed...big time...if we do get to the qb with pressure like we did weeks 1 and 2 with not just sacking the qb but getting hits on and pressures allen will probably hold up...

but i guarantee EVERYONE is gunning for him...

I agree, but to say QBs havn't been testing Vontae because of Jason is ridiculous. Qbs havn't been testing Vontae cause he has had good coverage.

I'll tell you what, though. I just got finished taking an extremely close look at the Patriots/Bills game, and the Patriots don't even have a CB as good as Jason Allen. That defense has some huge, huge holes in it. The whole offense should be licking it's chops. And the Patriots run a lot of empty set looks, or at least they did against the Bills, so the front four is going to have plenty of chances to shine.

i'm sure vontae has shown teams things on tape that they don't want to test in coverage...i mean i'm easily one of vontaes biggest fans on this board as most know and he has not good not damn good but ELITE physical tools...

imo he's easily on his way to being a perennial pro bowler...provided he keeps his focus...his all around skill set is extremely rare

but why attack the emerging cb with all those tools when you can go at the one that consistently on tape shows weaknesses??? that's my point

I'll tell you what, though. I just got finished taking an extremely close look at the Patriots/Bills game, and the Patriots don't even have a CB as good as Jason Allen. That defense has some huge, huge holes in it. The whole offense should be licking it's chops. And the Patriots run a lot of empty set looks, or at least they did against the Bills, so the front four is going to have plenty of chances to shine.

i'd take devin mccourty over allen in a second...growing pains and all...that kids got some serious tools...i think he has a chance to be special

and while we should have some chances vs that empty backfield front tom brady is a master of getting the ball out early and making the right read...

plus i'd be pretty shocked if the pats played the same kind of oline protection schemes against us they played against the bills...this is 2 different levels of pressure players up front imo between us and the bills...but i do think we'll have more success getting pressure on brady than we did vs the jets...and maybe with just the front 4

and don't underestimate the difference those 2 te's make for that offense either...he's got weapons all over the place in the passing game right now...if he gets protection we'll get picked apart

Thank god we didn't draft Darius Butler in 2009. Granted he's young, but he looks lost on the field.

It should be interesting to see the way the Dolphins deploy their corners. The Patriots run a lot of a three wide receiver look with Hernandez split wide to one side with Moss and Welker on the other side (Welker in the slot). Then they'll have either Gronkowski or Crumpler inside (Crumpler = running play). Do you put Allen on Hernandez, or move him over on Welker?

i'd take devin mccourty over allen in a second...growing pains and all...that kids got some serious tools...i think he has a chance to be special

and while we should have some chances vs that empty backfield front tom brady is a master of getting the ball out early and making the right read...

plus i'd be pretty shocked if the pats played the same kind of oline protection schemes against us they played against the bills...this is 2 different levels of pressure players up front imo between us and the bills...but i do think we'll have more success getting pressure on brady than we did vs the jets...and maybe with just the front 4

and don't underestimate the difference those 2 te's make for that offense either...he's got weapons all over the place in the passing game right now...if he gets protection we'll get picked apart

McCourty has talent and is a good tackler but he's lost as hell out there. Long term he's a better investment but for the game this Monday there's no doubt I'd rather have Allen. I mean, as suspect as the Patriots other corners are -- and guys like Kyle Arrington, Jonathan Wilhite and Darius Butler are very suspect -- he still isn't starting for that team or getting a huge number of reps. And when he does, he gives up completions. He made 1 positive play and 3 big time negative plays when he was involved in the play that I saw.

The more I looked at the Patriots/Bills game, the clearer it became that those tight ends were the key to their offense. It would take a while to get into it but who's in the game and where they line up tells you everything about what the Patriots are going to do.

i'd like to see vontae follow moss everywhere and just realize that moss is gonna get his and double welker with a bracketed safety and sapp in press...maybe take allen off the field and give sean smith some run vs the te...

they're gonna have some juicy matchups to go after...i'm not all that much of a fan of sean smith on hernandez but i think he gives us a better shot there than jason allen

the guy that scares me the most is welker...provided davis was to follow moss all over the field...something that sparano said the other day we haven't been doing...following a specific player all over the field

as for darius butler the guys way too soft...skipped the bench at the combine and wasn't hurt...that right there raised a red flag for me...not physical enough to be a solid press man corner and not a willing player in run support...bad recipe for a 3-4 team

those 2 te's hernandez and gronkowski are gonna be thorns in our sides for the next decade...

i straight love devin mccourtys feet...explosive kid there

You know after seeing how this all went down, I am glad Marshall fired back.

A bigger paycheck is just that, a bigger paycheck. It doesn't imbue a man with powers unknown to the human race. He looked fine on 3rd and 4th down after the timeout. It was 1st and 2nd down when the coaches were too stupid to give the man a breather before trying to call his number again after the Hercules-style catch and run, that's when he looked tired and half-@ssed.

If I were a coach and I expected that just because a man is gettin paid some money he should suddenly break all known limits and be what he's not been, I wouldn't be coaching very long.

If our whole team could leave the cerebral up to Henne and be a lot more emotional we wouldn't have been down 14 out of the gate - I think they gave the team some good motivational material and I think they probably went a little over board - and maybe wish they thought it through..., after the heaping praise they doled out last year to guys who really didn't deserve it - I am not surpised that they have gone into the critical mode but BM can shut them up with a big performance

Back
Top Bottom