Brandon Marshall tendered for a 1st round pick ONLY | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall tendered for a 1st round pick ONLY

There going after Dez Bryant for sure then.

This is just pure insanity to me. There is probably over half the website that would go nuts if we gave up a first for Brandon, but still want us to draft Dez. It is pure idiocy. Dez has off the field issues and will be scrutinized by the league office as soon as he is drafted, so do not say it is because Brandon has got in trouble off the field. It is not because of talent, as no one knows what Dez will do, but Marshall has grabbed 100 passes for 3 straight years, and is only 26 years old. He did so this past season with one of the 5 worst starting QBs in the NFL, and no rushing game to speak of, as Denver was ranked 26th in the NFL. He is a proven star and I am sure at least half of you would have a guy that has not played a down in the NFL, and is ranked lower than Crabtree was coming out of school.

I say we offer Denver a 1st next year and 3rd or 4th this year, draft McClain, and sign Rolle, and the Dolphins would win the East hands down.

This is just pure insanity to me. There is probably over half the website that would go nuts if we gave up a first for Brandon, but still want us to draft Dez. It is pure idiocy. Dez has off the field issues and will be scrutinized by the league office as soon as he is drafted, so do not say it is because Brandon has got in trouble off the field. It is not because of talent, as no one knows what Dez will do, but Marshall has grabbed 100 passes for 3 straight years, and is only 26 years old. He did so this past season with one of the 5 worst starting QBs in the NFL, and no rushing game to speak of, as Denver was ranked 26th in the NFL. He is a proven star and I am sure at least half of you would have a guy that has not played a down in the NFL, and is ranked lower than Crabtree was coming out of school.

I say we offer Denver a 1st next year and 3rd or 4th this year, draft McClain, and sign Rolle, and the Dolphins would win the East hands down.

Heck Yeah!!

I would have to agree with you here...I'd take Marshall over Bryant because Marshall is proven. Marshall is probably a little less risky in terms of off the field issues. Plus you know exactly what you are getting

Only? Thank god they put such a high tender on that criminal. They're stuck with that loser now as we, or nobody else is paying that high a price for him to beat women on his way out the league.

Are you kidding me... that tender was an open house for the sale of BM.

Had the Broncos tendered him for 1st and 3rd..... BM would have been stuck..

BM will not be in Denver...

Are you kidding me... that tender was an open house for the sale of BM.

Had the Broncos tendered him for 1st and 3rd..... BM would have been stuck..

BM will not be in Denver...
not to mention that is basically a sign saying you are open for negotiations. He might be able to be had for less. They clearly want him gone

Is there any player better than Brandon Marshall in this draft right now not 5 years from now i am talking right now no imo give up the 1 and sign Marshall he is top 3 WR in the league would do wonders for Henne

I would have to agree with you here...I'd take Marshall over Bryant because Marshall is proven. Marshall is probably a little less risky in terms of off the field issues. Plus you know exactly what you are getting

Bryant is in no way shape or form more risky when it comes to off field issues. I see your point though, but to me it's almost a toss up. Marshall is more likely to get suspended by the NFL for a season but if he doesn't you know for a fact you've got a top 10 WR in the league where with Bryant there is always the risk that he doesn't pan out in the NFL but he could also end up a top 10 WR in a year or two, cost less money to sign/keep and be with the team longer.

Bryant is in no way shape or form more risky when it comes to off field issues. I see your point though, but to me it's almost a toss up. Marshall is more likely to get suspended by the NFL for a season but if he doesn't you know for a fact you've got a top 10 WR in the league where with Bryant there is always the risk that he doesn't pan out in the NFL but he could also end up a top 10 WR in a year or two, cost less money to sign/keep and be with the team longer.
if we get Boldin for cheaper, then its a win win....we get our WR and still have our #12

Am I the only one who isn't at all interested in Marshall? We're getting rid of one crybaby in Porter, why be excited to sign another?

because that crybaby caught half as many passes in one game as our beloved tedd gin did in an entire season.

clearly he won't be in denver anymore. if not here, than hopefully not in the afc east.

I don't see how he's not worth a first round pick, and unless a defensive prospect really blows our skirt up, I wouldn't be opposed to giving the 12th for him.

I have had a hunch all along that we are going to move somebody and pick up an additional second round pick, we could address D in that manner if it were to happen.

To put my other post in context, Anquan Boldin had the best rookie season of any WR in the history of the NFL with 101 catches 1300 yards and 8 tds. You have to figure there has been thousands of WRs drafted since the NFL was started, and no one had every come close to what Anquan did, so the odds would be somewhere around 25,000-1(probably higher) that Dez can produce numbers like Anquan did. Even if he did, and he is the 1 our of 25000 to break Anquan's record that would just put him in par with what Brandon has done the past three seasons. The likely hood that Brandon would put up similar numbers to the best rookie WR in the history of the sport is 75% as he has done it 3 out of his 4 years in the NFL. If you were a betting man, as Sparano and Ireland will be gambling with either choice like Dave did when passed on Drew for Fletcher, would you put your money on the 75% choice or the .00004% choice?

I know this will bring up talks of getting Anquan for a 1st or 2nd round pick witch I am not against as I really wanted Miami to get him when he came out of FSU, but he is not the threat Brandon is. He has only duplicated his rookie season once, is 3 years older than Marshall, and has missed more games due to injury in the past two season than Brandon has missed in his career.

All that being said my personal choice is for Miami to not even think about WR until they at least get a new starting ILB and FS, but because of how special of a player Marshall is(based on stats, not beating women) I would look beyond the front office ignoring our bigger needs to grab him. Granted this is only going to be his 5th season, but the pace he has started would blow away Rice's receptions and yardage records if he played the same amount of seasons.

I would disagree to some degree, as I think it is more likely Brandon could get suspended for a year as Dez would only get suspended for 1-4 games if he repeats his off the field issues, but it is more likely Dez will miss games not due to injury than Brandon. He will want Crabtree money, $40 million $16million guaranteed, and the chance of him holding out to get that type of money is very high. If he is anything like his friend Dion he will think he is worth at least what Crabtree was worth. He will most likely at least miss camp costing him valuable time to get to know the offense where if we get Brandon he can start working with Chad immediately.

there is NO WAY we give up a 1st rounder for Marshall, do people actually think this is gonna happen?

Here is just a fun little scenario. The Dolphins trade firsts this year with a team like San Diego. San Diego gives them their first as well as like a third and fourth rounder as well to trade up. The Dolphins then use San Diego's 28th overall pick and get Marshall. I would definitely be on board with that.

Back
Top Bottom