Brandon Marshall tendered for a 1st round pick ONLY | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall tendered for a 1st round pick ONLY

This is were losing Ronnie to say the Chargers wouldnt be a bad thing. Yes we would miss Ronnie but is he in our future plans? I think Ronnie will not be resigned so If the Chargers give us there #1 for Ronnie we can then send Denver that #1 for Marshall....we could get the help we need on Defense with the #12 pick, sign Dansby in FA and use the late 1st rounder for Marshall......I like it!!!!!!

This is just pure insanity to me. There is probably over half the website that would go nuts if we gave up a first for Brandon, but still want us to draft Dez. It is pure idiocy. Dez has off the field issues and will be scrutinized by the league office as soon as he is drafted, so do not say it is because Brandon has got in trouble off the field. It is not because of talent, as no one knows what Dez will do, but Marshall has grabbed 100 passes for 3 straight years, and is only 26 years old. He did so this past season with one of the 5 worst starting QBs in the NFL, and no rushing game to speak of, as Denver was ranked 26th in the NFL. He is a proven star and I am sure at least half of you would have a guy that has not played a down in the NFL, and is ranked lower than Crabtree was coming out of school.

I say we offer Denver a 1st next year and 3rd or 4th this year, draft McClain, and sign Rolle, and the Dolphins would win the East hands down.

All I was saying is denver is clearly targeting Bryant and thats why theyre dumping Marshall I fail to see the insanity in that, Secondly you blast Dez for off the field issue that barely hold a candle to marshall's rap sheet and cry baby b.s.

Honestly I don't expect the Phins to be interested in giving up a 1st that high for him, but what I'm worried about is the Jets stepping in and signing him. They've shown they are going for it now, have a lower first rounder and are said to be looking for a WR. With them going after Braylon Edwards, they've also shown they don't mind a primma Donna WR.

there is NO WAY we give up a 1st rounder for Marshall, do people actually think this is gonna happen?
the people that want him pretty much know it isnt going to happen they are just hoping it happens

you wouldnt give up a 1st rounder for a 6'4 230 lbs 25 year old 2 time pro-bowler, 3 straight 100 receptions , 1000 + yard seasons...proven player...

vs some unproven player ---- people want Dez Bryant.....at #12.. with Marshall you know what your getting..

Ricky for a 1st was worth it... why not here? no?

Of course.. if Dolphins GM can swing a better deal.... fine.... but id be happy to exchange our #12 for BM

Talent has never been the problem with Marshall. The problem is he seems to find trouble and is a stone's throw away from a major suspension by the NFL.

Trade the 12 for Marshall, draft Cody in the 2nd and give up the 3rd for Kirk Morrison. And also sign Dansby and Otogwe in FA. If we couldnt compete with these players then we should hang it up. But honestly I dont see us giving up a 1st for Marshall or using it to draft Bryant. McClain will prob be the pick. But those who dont want to give up a pick that high for Marshall we have had only 2 good picks with our 1st round in ten years Jake Long, and Ronnie Brown. So by all means im for upgrading our Wr core for the next 8 years with a top 3 WR.

Am I the only one who isn't at all interested in Marshall? We're getting rid of one crybaby in Porter, why be excited to sign another?

One word... IMPACT. Porter's best days are long behind him while Brandon Marshall's are still out in front... Nobody wants to deal with a headcase but Pro Bowls, and game changing talent can cure a headache better than a case of advil.

If any FO is serious about the words 'Get Better' than moves like this MUST be taken into consideration.

I am not in any way advocating ANY of the man's despicable off field antics... But that talent level... RARE talent level... AT THAT AGE... necessitates a good look...

I would say the same thing if Porter was still in 17-18 sack form... but he ain't... And he is not remotely close in talent level or in ability to Impact a game. Not even in the same area code...

Back
Top Bottom