brandon marshall trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

brandon marshall trade

I've never seen Marshall half-***....actually around the league(players & coaches) he has a healthy work habit. He's just a little inconsistent is all.....

go back and watch some of the games. He regularly takes plays off. I remember two years ago, I think it was a jets game, they threw the ball up to him, and he just watched it go past. No effort at all. If he isn't feeling like playing, he doesn't try. And that's not something a guy who makes nearly 10 mil a year can be allowed to do.

I guess he's just no good if he's not having 4 TD games regularly...

really?

I don't expect him to have 4 td's in a game regularly. Hell, I don't expect it to ever happen again, since the D was non existent in the pro bowl. But a little effort would be nice. Oh, and not dropping half of the possible td's thrown at you.

Who thinks we could get a second rounder for Brandon Marshall?

That's crazy. No one is giving up a second rounder for Brandon Marshall unless they have a top tier QB and are one big player away from greatness in the league.

you aren't wrong. Most people here would want a 1st and then some extra. He's one strike away from getting a major suspension, is a head case, and has a very poor work ethic. Maybe the Raiders would give us some picks, if he ran faster, and if they hadn't already traded all of their draft picks away for the next two years.

you aren't wrong. Most people here would want a 1st and then some extra. He's one strike away from getting a major suspension, is a head case, and has a very poor work ethic. Maybe the Raiders would give us some picks, if he ran faster, and if they hadn't already traded all of their draft picks away for the next two years.

I agree with all of this.

However, I still stand by the fact that Brandon Marshall is probably the top athlete in the entire league. Physically, this dude is unbelievable. But as you said, he's lazy, takes plays off, doesn't put forth a full effort on the field, and he's a head case.

We gave up a 2nd rounder for Marshall a couple of years ago. No way we're getting our second round pick back when he's done virtually nothing here in Miami. That's mostly due to bums like Matt Moore and Chad Henne under center, but Dolphins fans should be pissed off at the front office after the way Brandon Marshall played today. We have a solid threat at a skill position and nothing to get him the football.

Da **** are we doing.

go back and watch some of the games. He regularly takes plays off. I remember two years ago, I think it was a jets game, they threw the ball up to him, and he just watched it go past. No effort at all. If he isn't feeling like playing, he doesn't try. And that's not something a guy who makes nearly 10 mil a year can be allowed to do.

In the Jets game we had just drove down the field for the chance to tie the game and he was very tired, he had said in the post game that it was the most tired he had ever been. He tries very very hard, he was known for his YAC in Denver and would break off long runs for TDs, someone who doesn't tried hard doesn't do that. We just haven't taken advantage of his skills here in Miami like Mcdaniels did, I am determined Philbin will make Marshall a top 3 WR again with the spread offense.

Marshall has been far from a head-case here in Miami, he hasn't done anything serious here in Miami besides admitting he had a Personality Disorder and getting stabbed by his wife, I have yet to see him get in a dispute with his coaches, He's yelled at Henne for being a terrible QB and has bitched about not getting the ball, but every WR does this.

And someone who doesn't try hard doesn't get 80+ catches for 1200 yards year in and year out.

now who still wants to trade brandon marshall for a 2nd ??? hmmmmmm ?? Now when we get that franchise QB we have a BEAST WR :hump::420:

I would for a first round pick. His trade value will never be higher. Oh he is a good player no doubt but he is maintenance heavy. And since there are more quality wr's available then quality qb's I say trade him.

I will admit that I was one for trading Marshall after the season he had with all those dropped touchdowns. But after after watching him in a west coast style offense yesterday in the Pro Bowl, I think we should keep him. Like Armando (spelling?) said on Twitter we can improve two positions by getting a better quarterback.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited by a moderator:
he's done virtually nothing here in Miami. That's mostly due to bums like Matt Moore and Chad Henne under center,

I wouldn't exactly call 170 grabs for 2,200 yards w/ said bums nothing. He's been an ultra-productive receiver his whole career and has proven what he's capable of with decent quarterback play, **** even without decent quarterback play. If he plays 7 more years he's on pace to be the #2 leader in receptions all-time behind Jerry Rice. Can we stop acting like this guy isn't a proven talent?

This is like Skip Bayless hating on Lebron type of sillyness.

I wouldn't exactly call 170 grabs for 2,200 yards w/ said bums nothing. He's been an ultra-productive receiver his whole career and has proven what he's capable of with decent quarterback play, **** even without decent quarterback play. If he plays 7 more years he's on pace to be the #2 leader in receptions all-time behind Jerry Rice. Can we stop acting like this guy isn't a proven talent?

This is like Skip Bayless hating on Lebron type of sillyness.

Never said the guy wasn't proven talent. I've constantly called this dude the BEST athlete in the ENTIRE league. But all of that talent is being wasted here in Miami because of bums like Matt Moore and Chad Henne.

What's so surprising to me are the number of Brandon Marshall threads I've seen started here today. People are so effing giddy over what he did in the Pro Bowl and they're fooled into thinking he can do that here in Miami. They're surprised at what he did today.

I'm not. I'm really not. And those same people who are surprised and giddy are the ones who have propped up Chad Henne and are now hopping on that Matt Moore bandwagon and willing to continue ignoring the gaping hole we have at QB. How many "when is Brandon Marshall going to do something" type threads did we see during the season? How many people cursed him over all of those drops. 2200 yards is Brandon doing what Brandon does best and that's YAC and that is a testament to the athlete that he is. He is capable of being one of the top three or five receivers in this league and we see what he can do when he has some of the ELITE quarterbacks in this league throwing him the football.

We need that and we don't have it. Marshall can rack up some yards all day long. But when we need a big play in big moments of big games, we don't have the other end of the deal. We don't have a guy who can get him the football. And because of that, he's not seeing as many double teams as he once did and it's not opening up other options for other receivers.

Never said this guy wasn't proven talent.

What he did yesterday was was easy. but when you blanket him in our system and there is no one else to throw to he dissappears for long stints during games. Until we get him help he huge games will be far and few in between.

He is, and has been a top 5 WR in the league. (.) PERIOD.

Many are upset cause we gave up 2 2nd round picks for the guy, but in perspective, we gave up a top 10 pick for Ginn..... need I say more.

IF he can keep his head in-check, then we have one of the MOST potent weapons in the league, bar none. He's not Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitz, but he's not very far behind them.

He does not take plays off, nor does he have a bad work ethic, quite the opposite actually. He is indeed a "special needs" WR. Only way you trade him is if you, as the coach and/or GM feel you can't help keep him in check. Otherwise, trading him is a titanic blunder.

how many td passes of moores did he DROP? 5 or 6 and i think he dropped 3 on henne before he mercifully went out.

so which brandon are we getting? [i am a huge brandon fan], the one who supposedly is lobying for an "elite" qb or the one who heaped priase on matt moore every time he was in front of a mic [matt moore is ballin', he has provided the spark that has this team playing like it is"] and then dropped a half dozen of matt moore's td passes?

the brandon marshall who cant hang on to a td pass to save his soul when it counts but is all universe in a probowl game? [hmmm, somehow rothlisbergs ball on his hands is much more "elite" than moores on his hands. hmmmmmm..........

which is it brandon? please let us know.

like i said, i love beast, but this kind of stuff is bewildering. and i agree with mike mayock who said during the game, brandon marshll can be anything he wants to be on the football field"...................... i just wish we all knew exactly what that is.

Marshall is a riddle, isn't he?

Sure he's a head case, nobody here disputes that. I'm not sure I agree with the people on here that say he has "poor work ethic". You can look at his body and the stories about his training this past offseason and know that's not the case. Does he take plays off? YES. And that is the major problem. When he's not involved in game, then he goes all "T.O." and starts pouting. But when he's on, he is an animal than almost no DB can stop after the catch. He drops balls. Alot of them, and alot of them in the worst situations (like the endzone). I'm not sure giving him a top notch QB would raise his numbers all that much. A top notch QB would be all over his butt after one of his famous red zone drops. He may shut it down for the rest of the game if that were to happen. This guy definitely couldn't play on the Chargers with Phillip Rivers. Rivers would make him cry.

I haven't heard any stories of him causing any locker room problems, so I'm not worried about that. All his issue lie between his ears and in his personal life. He's ALOT of trouble, but oh that talent is undeniable.

To be honest I'm not sure what to do with him, but I'm not letting his play in a PRO BOWL sway my thoughts on him. Seriously guys, it's the PRO BOWL. Guys were allowed to Tweet during the game because that's how serious the NFL and the players took it. The players view it as a vacation, that's why they want to keep it in Hawaii.

JCANE:

can you post how many td's from matt moore [the bum who got him the most td's and yds in brandons 2 seasons here coming off the bench with NO work with brandon in preseason] that marshall DROPPED?

how would you feel about that BUM if marshall would have caught the balls the bum threw to him?

see, when evaluating a qb, you have to see what was missed and what was made. all those td passes marshall [who i love] dropped were MAFRSHALLS FAULT, not brandon moores. he made the right read and the right throw. thats all a qb can do. he cant make the wr catch it. brandon marshall lost more games for us this year than matt moore. if you take it all in proper perspective and look at the big picture. was brandon wide open on the plays and moore missed him or was the throw made by moore but brandon droped them?

so two things JCANE:

1. please post how many td's were dropped by brandon from matt moore and chad henne this year.

2. how would you feel about moore had MARSHALL done his part and hung on to the td passes. would he still be a "bum"?

Yeah, I'm gonna go with "let's hang on to him" :lol:

After all of the years that we've been screaming for a play maker, now some of y'all want to trade him?!?
:headscratcher:

Back
Top Bottom