brandon marshall trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

brandon marshall trade

Never been a better time to trade him but there's no chance of it happening unless someone gives Ireland what he gave up (i.e. there's no chance of it happening)

He's a good player but not a difference maker. Shame we didn't make that kind of investment towards a QB but that comes down to (not) knowing what wins in the NFL

JCANE:

can you post how many td's from matt moore [the bum who got him the most td's and yds in brandons 2 seasons here coming off the bench with NO work with brandon in preseason] that marshall DROPPED?

how would you feel about that BUM if marshall would have caught the balls the bum threw to him?

see, when evaluating a qb, you have to see what was missed and what was made. all those td passes marshall [who i love] dropped were MAFRSHALLS FAULT, not brandon moores. he made the right read and the right throw. thats all a qb can do. he cant make the wr catch it. brandon marshall lost more games for us this year than matt moore. if you take it all in proper perspective and look at the big picture. was brandon wide open on the plays and moore missed him or was the throw made by moore but brandon droped them?

so two things JCANE:

1. please post how many td's were dropped by brandon from matt moore and chad henne this year.

2. how would you feel about moore had MARSHALL done his part and hung on to the td passes. would he still be a "bum"?
In defense of Marshall, as he pointed out during the Pro Bowl, it doesn't help that he hasn't had the same quarterback the entire time he has been here. That isn't the best excuse for the dropped balls, but it does contribute to it.

Also, are you just constantly grouchy? Just curious.

In defense of Marshall, as he pointed out during the Pro Bowl, it doesn't help that he hasn't had the same quarterback the entire time he has been here. That isn't the best excuse for the dropped balls, but it does contribute to it.

Also, are you just constantly grouchy? Just curious.
Then how do you explain catching 4 TDs in the pro bowl working with QBs he's never worked with before?

Either way I think Marshall's big day should help us in free agency. QBs will know they have a top notch receiver to throw to if they sign with the Dolphins...unlike Washington, Seattle and Cleveland. All rumored landing spots for Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn.

JCANE:

can you post how many td's from matt moore [the bum who got him the most td's and yds in brandons 2 seasons here coming off the bench with NO work with brandon in preseason] that marshall DROPPED?

how would you feel about that BUM if marshall would have caught the balls the bum threw to him?

see, when evaluating a qb, you have to see what was missed and what was made. all those td passes marshall [who i love] dropped were MAFRSHALLS FAULT, not brandon moores. he made the right read and the right throw. thats all a qb can do. he cant make the wr catch it. brandon marshall lost more games for us this year than matt moore. if you take it all in proper perspective and look at the big picture. was brandon wide open on the plays and moore missed him or was the throw made by moore but brandon droped them?

so two things JCANE:

1. please post how many td's were dropped by brandon from matt moore and chad henne this year.

2. how would you feel about moore had MARSHALL done his part and hung on to the td passes. would he still be a "bum"?

Like I wrote down all the drops he had. Get out of here with that crap. You made up a number for dropped balls by Marshall. Five or six with Moore and three with Henne. Sounds right to me.

I don't care how many he dropped with who. He dropped them. He doesn't always bring maximum effort on gameday. We've all seen it.

You can buy into Matt Moore if you want, but I'm telling you, he's not starting QB material. Never has been. He's a career backup. He played well the second half of the season and that was the best he's ever played in his life. That's enough to convince you?

Then how do you explain catching 4 TDs in the pro bowl working with QBs he's never worked with before?

Either way I think Marshall's big day should help us in free agency. QBs will know they have a top notch receiver to throw to if they sign with the Dolphins...unlike Washington, Seattle and Cleveland. All rumored landing spots for Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn.
Like I said, it isn't the best excuse, but that is what he said. And as I stated in my earlier post, as others have said, Marshall in a west coast offense is the most ideal system for him. Denver ran it when he was there and Kubiak was running it yesterday during the Pro Bowl.

So if we can get a quarterback that can prominently run a west coast offense, Marshall, as well as the other receivers will benefit a lot from it.

1. Brandon Marshall will not be traded
2. He played well last night
3. It was great to see a Dolphins player excel in a national spot light
4. Marshall is frustrating to many fans because sometimes he makes the ordinary look hard and the impossible easy.

1. Brandon Marshall will not be traded
2. He played well last night
3. It was great to see a Dolphins player excel in a national spot light
4. Marshall is frustrating to many fans because sometimes he makes the ordinary look hard and the impossible easy.
I am not the biggest Marshall fan, but I too loved the fact that a Miami player walked away with the MVP award. Even if the Pro Bowl is just a popularity contest.

For a 2nd, we might get Anquan Boldin, or we might get Golden Tate....I´d stay with Marshall and surround him with an O-LIne and a QB!!

@JCane, I'm not saying we don't need a quarterback, we defintely do, but I just don't understand the people acting like we'd be lucky to get a 4th for the guy.

You guys can nitpick about the drops if you want, but ahead of Marshall in drops is Dwayne Bowe and Roddy White. And right behind him are guys like Jermichael Finley, Dallas Clark, Desean Jackson, & Victor Cruz. It's like people complaining about LeBron and his free-throws.

@JCane, I'm not saying we don't need a quarterback, we defintely do, but I just don't understand the people acting like we'd be lucky to get a 4th for the guy.

You guys can nitpick about the drops if you want, but ahead of Marshall in drops is Dwayne Bowe and Roddy White. And right behind him are guys like Jermichael Finley, Dallas Clark, Desean Jackson, & Victor Cruz. It's like people complaining about LeBron and his free-throws.

If we were to put Brandon Marshall on the block right now I think we net one second round pick. And that's the best deal we're going to get for Brandon Marshall. At this point, you just ride him out. You have too much invested in him. I don't see very many teams handing over second round picks.

If we were to put Brandon Marshall on the block right now I think we net one second round pick. And that's the best deal we're going to get for Brandon Marshall. At this point, you just ride him out. You have too much invested in him. I don't see very many teams handing over second round picks.

Is he somehow a worse receiver from 2 years ago when he commanded 2 second round picks?

Patriots would take that deal in a heartbeat and laugh at us for the next 6-10 years.

I wouldn't want to imagine Marshall, alongside a healthy Wes Welker and Co. just absolutely picking apart defenses... Brady would play for another 10 yrs if it were that easy for him... we'd be screwed.

Is he somehow a worse receiver from 2 years ago when he commanded 2 second round picks?

Patriots would take that deal in a heartbeat and laugh at us for the next 6-10 years.

new england would probably give up the least for him, they rarely overpay for anybody

I don't think he's worse, no. But I do know that he is older by a couple of years. And I do know that teams would use that against us in order to give up less than what we gave up. And I also know that teams would have a lot to say about the dropsies in order to pay as little as they possibly can. It's not that Brandon isn't a valuable skill player, it's that teams aren't going to go bananas if he's put on the trade block. The only team that jumped in feet first when he was put on the block in Denver...the retarded Miami Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom