Brandon Marshall trashes former Dolphins receiving coaches | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall trashes former Dolphins receiving coaches

Miss his show with TO? lookk it up, talks crap about Carson.

You followed him his whole career, yet you forget about his holding out and causing a problem year in and year out? Really? never caused and issue with management or coaching? You really don't remember? lol....you could set your watch to it yearly when he was on Cinci. The problems with twitter are new.

BM was only an issue to himself in reality....suspensions, stabbings, etc.

You're not providing me with proof because you have none. Case closed. Stop spreading around nonsense. You're downplaying Brandon Marshalls antics and completely exaggerating Chads to suit your argument and it's dishonest. Chad Johnson was loved by his coaches and coaching staff so much that one of his coaches went to bat for him to be signed here in Miami

Chad Johnson didn't hold out for a new contract, he held out for a TRADE. Why? He was tired of Bengals management. He was tired of the way they handled business (which is a valid complain, look at Carson Palmer's actions) and he was sick that they were unwilling to do things necessary in this league to win. That was ONE SEASON.

You're exaggerating to a hilarious degree with Chad Johnson and turning a blind eye to BM. I have to ask... why? And from here on out, PLEASE bring proof with you, because you're just making things up at this point and it's making me doubt every single thing you say.

Here's MY proof:
-ONE SEASON he demanded a trade. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3349761
-Chad Johnson "bashed" Carson when Carson started involving himself in Chad Johnson's business, where Chad simply said "I wish Carson would worry about Carson, and not tell people things I said when I didn't say them"

This is all 2008. Again, where is the Diva behavior? I mean, like you said, it's YEARS AND YEARS yet I CANT FIND THE PROOF and you sure as hell aren't willing to provide it so... what can I assume here? Is it that maybe Google has a conspiracy and wants people to forget Chad Johnson did these terrible things? Or is it that you have this ignorant view of Chad Johnson and refuse to listen to anything, including concrete evidence/proof, and simply plug your ears?

Also, THIS is the guy you're downplaying.

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at Central Florida, Marshall was arrested at a Denny’s restaurant in Orlando, Fla., on charges of assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct, trespass and resisting arrest without violence and refusal to obey. The charges were dismissed.
April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory. The charge was dropped.
June 17, 2006: Marshall and longtime girlfriend Rasheedah Watley both filed police reports alleging physical abuse by the other in a long altercation at an Orlando apartment. No arrests or charges were made.
Jan. 1, 2007: Marshall was at the Denver nightclub Shelter with Broncos teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams, attending a birthday party for Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the group left the club in a limousine, Williams was shot fatally in the neck by an unknown assailant. Walker later said the shooter was likely another man at the nightclub who was seeking retaliation after an altercation with Marshall's cousin that evening. Marshall testified at the trial of gunman Willie Clark that he helped escalate the dispute that led to Williams' death.
Jan. 24, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police interviewed Marshall and his father after an argument in an Orlando parking lot. Marshall claimed his father tried to hit him with his car. His father claimed Marshall had fired a gun. Both men declined to press charges.
March 18, 2007: In Atlanta, Watley told police Marshall punched her and took her purse while in a hotel. Marshall was gone before police arrived. No charges were filed.
March 21, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police in Palm Beach County, Fla., interviewed Marshall and Watley twice in the same night after two loud arguments. Both said the disturbances were not physical in nature. No arrests or charges were made.
March 26, 2007: Marshall was arrested in a Denver suburb on suspicion of domestic violence. Watley reported Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house. Marshall completed anger management counseling and the charges were dropped two months later.
June 8, 2007: According to the Denver Post, two incident reports were filed by Atlanta police. A friend of Watley’s claimed Marshall hit her car and then threw a rock at the passenger door as Watley was riding in the passenger seat. Watley also told police Marshall cut her in the thigh and punched her in the face. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.
June 30, 2007: According to the Denver Post, Watley told Atlanta police Marshall punched and choked her at his condo. She had a bruise and scratches. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.
Oct. 22, 2007: Marshall was arrested in Denver and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. He was pulled over driving the wrong way on a one-way street hours after a game. He later pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability-impaired and was sentenced to one year of probation and 24 hours of community service.

March 6, 2008: Marshall was arrested on charges of misdemeanor battery in Atlanta after a dispute with Watley. She told police he punched her in the mouth and eye. Marshall said he cut his hand on glass.
Aug. 6, 2008: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Marshall for three games for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. The suspension was reduced to one regular-season game and a fine of an additional game check, costing him $52,353.
March 1, 2009: Marshall was arrested in Atlanta on disorderly conduct charges after allegedly being involved in a dispute with then-fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell, now his wife. Charges were dropped the next day.
Aug. 14, 2009: Marshall was found not guilty on the battery charges from the March 2008 arrest in Atlanta.
April 23, 2011: Marshall was taken to Broward General Medical Center after Nogami-Campbell stabbed him in the abdomen at their Florida home. Nogami-Campbell told police she stabbed Marshall “out of self-defense.”
Sunday: Marshall is accused by a 24-year-old woman of punching her in the eye, leaving a black eye, in an altercation outside a club in New York. Marshall’s attorney says it was Marshall’s wife that was injured and says the couple are the true victims in the case.

Boy, what a stand up guy. I can completely understand why you're willing to go to bat for him. :rolleyes2:

I'm not calling YOU ignorant, I'm calling your actions ignorant. I'm trying to stop the constant spread of misinformation because all it does is hurt us as a fanbase/fan board. This is getting absolutely out of hand and with a simple 5 minute search of google, you can actually come up with facts that will help you form a rational conclusion, not some weird obsession with defending someone who is HARDLY worth it and in return bashing someone who really doesn't do that much bad (in fact, he does FAR more good than harm, which is something you absolutely cannot say for BM)

Does Chad Johnson have the playmaker ability of BM right now? Probably not. He's older. His career is likely over. He might throw up a great little goodbye of 40 receptions and 600 yards with 2-3 touchdowns, but Marshall will likely double that. Does that matter to me? Not particularly, this isn't Madden. Ireland will likely address our biggest needs next year, as he has done this year. He will find someone to replace Brandon Marshall. Chad Johnson is not REPLACING Brandon Marshall just like David Garrard isn't REPLACING Dan Marino. They, at this current moment, offer the prospect of an upgrade at a position on our football team for the near future, so we pulled the trigger. That's it. No more moving the goal posts to suit your argument, no more making up facts, no more exaggerated whispers of Brandon Marshall. Just no more, man.

Last edited by a moderator:
he actually had a good game up here against revis(good for any opposing WR against revis). Marshall game 1 and Stevie in the 2nd game gave Revis some trouble, really the only trouble I have seen anyone give him the last few years other than when he was playing hurt early in '10.

Marshall has the physical tools to be a top 4-5 WR, no one ever doubts him there.

people on here can bash him all they want but Marshall was a top 5 wr talent , he mighthave been a drama queen some but dont say he wasnt a top wr just because he is gone ,and isnt playin here anymore because he is one of the best wrs in the game today, just look what might have been if we would have had a top QB throwin him the ball.

You're not providing me with proof because you have none. Case closed. Stop spreading around nonsense. You're downplaying Brandon Marshalls antics and completely exaggerating Chads to suit your argument and it's dishonest. Chad Johnson was loved by his coaches and coaching staff so much that one of his coaches went to bat for him to be signed here in Miami

Chad Johnson didn't hold out for a new contract, he held out for a TRADE. Why? He was tired of Bengals management. He was tired of the way they handled business (which is a valid complain, look at Carson Palmer's actions) and he was sick that they were unwilling to do things necessary in this league to win. That was ONE SEASON.

You're exaggerating to a hilarious degree with Chad Johnson and turning a blind eye to BM. I have to ask... why? And from here on out, PLEASE bring proof with you, because you're just making things up at this point and it's making me doubt every single thing you say.

Here's MY proof:
-ONE SEASON he demanded a trade. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3349761
-Chad Johnson "bashed" Carson when Carson started involving himself in Chad Johnson's business, where Chad simply said "I wish Carson would worry about Carson, and not tell people things I said when I didn't say them"

This is all 2008. Again, where is the Diva behavior? I mean, like you said, it's YEARS AND YEARS yet I CANT FIND THE PROOF and you sure as hell aren't willing to provide it so... what can I assume here? Is it that maybe Google has a conspiracy and wants people to forget Chad Johnson did these terrible things? Or is it that you have this ignorant view of Chad Johnson and refuse to listen to anything, including concrete evidence/proof, and simply plug your ears?

Boy, what a stand up guy. I can completely understand why you're willing to go to bat for him. :rolleyes2:

I'm not calling YOU ignorant, I'm calling your actions ignorant. I'm trying to stop the constant spread of misinformation because all it does is hurt us as a fanbase/fan board. This is getting absolutely out of hand and with a simple 5 minute search of google, you can actually come up with facts that will help you form a rational conclusion, not some weird obsession with defending someone who is HARDLY worth it and in return bashing someone who really doesn't do that much bad (in fact, he does FAR more good than harm, which is something you absolutely cannot say for BM)

Does Chad Johnson have the playmaker ability of BM right now? Probably not. He's older. His career is likely over. He might throw up a great little goodbye of 40 receptions and 600 yards with 2-3 touchdowns, but Marshall will likely double that. Does that matter to me? Not particularly, this isn't Madden. Ireland will likely address our biggest needs next year, as he has done this year. He will find someone to replace Brandon Marshall. Chad Johnson is not REPLACING Brandon Marshall just like David Garrard isn't REPLACING Dan Marino. They, at this current moment, offer the prospect of an upgrade at a position on our football team for the near future, so we pulled the trigger. That's it. No more moving the goal posts to suit your argument, no more making up facts, no more exaggerated whispers of Brandon Marshall. Just no more, man.

If you honestly can't remember any antics by Chad Johnson then you haven't followed his career. Period. Talk about an overrated player on a team that did nothing. BM took it right of this guys career, except BM is better.LOL

So funny how all Ochos stupidity directly affects the team.....BM just affects himself and his jail record. Rather that.... But its ok when Ocho goes off on Carson bc Carson dared say something about his go to WR at the time. Hysterical.

I don't care about any off field nonsense, unless it causes a suspension.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

ah you've deflected one incident. how about the rest?

Regardless show me where Ocho has even a remotely similar off field incident?

I care about on field, not off field incidents unless they cause suspension.

What rest?

If you honestly can't remember any antics by Chad Johnson then you haven't followed his career. Period. Talk about an overrated player on a team that did nothing. BM took it right of this guys career, except BM is better.LOL

I don't care about any off field nonsense, unless it causes a suspension.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I care about on field, not off field incidents unless they cause suspension.

What rest?
Lol. Brandon marshall is the epitome of overated player on a team(s) that did nothing.

This rest.

Oct. 31, 2004: During his junior year at Central Florida, Marshall was arrested at a Denny’s restaurant in Orlando, Fla., on charges of assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct, trespass and resisting arrest without violence and refusal to obey. The charges were dismissed.
April 8, 2005: Marshall was charged with retail theft, a misdemeanor, after trying to return a stolen set of bed sheets, valued at $19.99, to a Burlington Coat Factory. The charge was dropped.
June 17, 2006: Marshall and longtime girlfriend Rasheedah Watley both filed police reports alleging physical abuse by the other in a long altercation at an Orlando apartment. No arrests or charges were made.
Jan. 1, 2007: Marshall was at the Denver nightclub Shelter with Broncos teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams, attending a birthday party for Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the group left the club in a limousine, Williams was shot fatally in the neck by an unknown assailant. Walker later said the shooter was likely another man at the nightclub who was seeking retaliation after an altercation with Marshall's cousin that evening. Marshall testified at the trial of gunman Willie Clark that he helped escalate the dispute that led to Williams' death.
Jan. 24, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police interviewed Marshall and his father after an argument in an Orlando parking lot. Marshall claimed his father tried to hit him with his car. His father claimed Marshall had fired a gun. Both men declined to press charges.
March 18, 2007: In Atlanta, Watley told police Marshall punched her and took her purse while in a hotel. Marshall was gone before police arrived. No charges were filed.
March 21, 2007: According to the Denver Post, police in Palm Beach County, Fla., interviewed Marshall and Watley twice in the same night after two loud arguments. Both said the disturbances were not physical in nature. No arrests or charges were made.
March 26, 2007: Marshall was arrested in a Denver suburb on suspicion of domestic violence. Watley reported Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house. Marshall completed anger management counseling and the charges were dropped two months later.
June 8, 2007: According to the Denver Post, two incident reports were filed by Atlanta police. A friend of Watley’s claimed Marshall hit her car and then threw a rock at the passenger door as Watley was riding in the passenger seat. Watley also told police Marshall cut her in the thigh and punched her in the face. She was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.
June 30, 2007: According to the Denver Post, Watley told Atlanta police Marshall punched and choked her at his condo. She had a bruise and scratches. Marshall was not present when police arrived. No charges were filed.
Oct. 22, 2007: Marshall was arrested in Denver and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol. He was pulled over driving the wrong way on a one-way street hours after a game. He later pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability-impaired and was sentenced to one year of probation and 24 hours of community service.

March 6, 2008: Marshall was arrested on charges of misdemeanor battery in Atlanta after a dispute with Watley. She told police he punched her in the mouth and eye. Marshall said he cut his hand on glass.
Aug. 6, 2008: NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell suspended Marshall for three games for violating the league’s personal conduct policy. The suspension was reduced to one regular-season game and a fine of an additional game check, costing him $52,353.
March 1, 2009: Marshall was arrested in Atlanta on disorderly conduct charges after allegedly being involved in a dispute with then-fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell, now his wife. Charges were dropped the next day.
Aug. 14, 2009: Marshall was found not guilty on the battery charges from the March 2008 arrest in Atlanta.
April 23, 2011: Marshall was taken to Broward General Medical Center after Nogami-Campbell stabbed him in the abdomen at their Florida home. Nogami-Campbell told police she stabbed Marshall “out of self-defense.”
Sunday: Marshall is accused by a 24-year-old woman of punching her in the eye, leaving a black eye, in an altercation outside a club in New York. Marshall’s attorney says it was Marshall’s wife that was injured and says the couple are the true victims in the case.
but obviously you don't care about off the field issues. only on the field. I guess one of us will have to do the homework that you're unwilling to do, or too lazy to show you on the field antics of brandon marshall. would you like us to do a compare and contrast between marshall and johnson? how about if we change the font to make it easier on your eyes? perhaps we should dig up some video on on the field interviews , but why stop there? maybe we can shell out some money and score some interviews and dipsositions?

why should I waste my time to applease your obviously biased sense of brandon marshall's worth.

Here's MY proof:

By the way, never said anything not true....so the ignorance is on you.

what you've done is downplay or downright ignore. That's dishonest in its own way, esp, if one can be reasonably sure you're doing it on purpose. I mean you're not stupid, and you are knowledgable, so that leads me to one conclusion about your stance on Brandon marshall.

Finally

["Marshall and Welker had impressive reception totals, but it's difficult to put him in the top 10 when he scored only three touchdowns," Graham said. "The Dolphins had one of the NFL's worst red zone offenses. A top-10 receiver should be able to make a difference there. Marshall also had the lowest yards per catch of any receiver with at least 850 yards. Welker's average was lower even though half of his yards came after the catch. ESPN Stats & Information had him down for a league-high 11 drops."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/33997/power-rankings-top-10-nfl-receivers

Are those same former coaches at fault for drop balls Marshall?

Yet again you've brought NOTHING to the table but your own "opinion" and made up facts. I've provided multiple links and evidence to my claims while you simply say "Uh.. not uh. Im right you're wrong"

Please, do us a favor, and stop posting as an authority on the matter unless you're willing TO PROVIDE PROOF. I've called you out multiple times that yes, you've posted MANY things that are NOT TRUE.

In this case, absence of evidence is proof of non-existance. All I'm seeing from you are statements "You haven't been following his career!" or "You're the one not posting truth" when in reality, I'm the one who seems to have support from ESPN Articles and Newspapers while you have... yourself. Yet, I sadly feel that you'll respond here, again, saying that you are right, again, without providing a single shred of evidence or proof to substantiate your claims... again.

So, BM sealed the fate of Henne and Sparano bc of a game 2 years ago? LOL....please anyting about this game and BM terrible attitude in a link

Hi Steve I am a long term fan just like you but I do not keep a link etc to every game. I am sure you could find a rerun of this game on the net. I clearly remember Marshall getting after Henne on the sideline and pointing to Thigpen as his preferred QB. Thigpen went in at the end of that game. Watch the last half of the game and I believe it will be pretty clear. Ireland and Ross saw it for sure and started persuing alternatives like Jim H. with San Fran.

My point is this team is a loser and has been for near 15 years. Other than Bush, Marshall was the only proven NFL talent at a skill postion on our offense. Could he have been a little more gentle dealing with Henne? Yeah prob. Do I condone his comments? no but he does have the talent to back it up. the biggest issues I have with him are the onfield quitting as seen in the Clev game last year when Joe Hayden (a top DB IMO) locked him down. he bitched up. That's unexacceptable for someone with his talent and is a strong reason to let him walk. i just think if we had put professional level coaches and other talented players around him, it wouldn't be as much of a problem.

Yes we agree on everything you just stated and if I were to blame Ireland for part of this mess it would be where you stated. " I just think if we had put professional level coaches and other talented players around him, it wouldn't be as much of a problem"
IMO That is Irelands job to match the players and coaches so that the chemistry works. Ireland badly underestimated Tony's Sporano and his staff and their ability to handle a Brandon Marshall ego. In this case drafting to farily good recievers probably would have worked out much better with Tony Sporano and his staff. Thats not saying that Brandon Marshall is not very talented and will never work out for any team but with the right staff he is probably a great effective player. Lets put is this way if we got robbed dealing Marshall for 2 3rd rounders then its getting to the point that many of the NFL managers agree that Marshall is a handful. Yes we have been a mess for 15 years and that IMO that has more to do with not finding the right coach than the right players. Don Shula was stable and they old saying he could beat your team with his team or beat his team with your team was pretty much true because we were stable at the coaching position. The new winningest coach was Dave W who most everybody hates on this forum but Dave W stuck around the longest too. The talent is not that far off and IMO even better than many of those Shula teams the last 10-12 years of his coaching career. Ireland is far from perfect but I keep bringing up he has done the best job of getting in talent since that period of time.

what you've done is downplay or downright ignore. That's dishonest in its own way, esp, if one can be reasonably sure you're doing it on purpose. I mean you're not stupid, and you are knowledgable, so that leads me to one conclusion about your stance on Brandon marshall.

Finally

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/33997/power-rankings-top-10-nfl-receivers

Im not ignoring BMs drops in the endzone if thats what you are referring to. Just don't tell me a 1200 yard WR doesnt help the offense. He cant catch TDs? Go to another WR then. By the way, WHERE am I dishonest?

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Hi Steve I am a long term fan just like you but I do not keep a link etc to every game. I am sure you could find a rerun of this game on the net. I clearly remember Marshall getting after Henne on the sideline and pointing to Thigpen as his preferred QB. Thigpen went in at the end of that game. Watch the last half of the game and I believe it will be pretty clear. Ireland and Ross saw it for sure and started persuing alternatives like Jim H. with San Fran.

Hi Steve.....don't tell me that game 2 years ago is the reason for Henne going, Sparano going, and BM being traded a year and a half later. There is plenty of other nonsense you can attach in some way to BM.

Yet again you've brought NOTHING to the table but your own "opinion" and made up facts. I've provided multiple links and evidence to my claims while you simply say "Uh.. not uh. Im right you're wrong"

Please, do us a favor, and stop posting as an authority on the matter unless you're willing TO PROVIDE PROOF. I've called you out multiple times that yes, you've posted MANY things that are NOT TRUE.

In this case, absence of evidence is proof of non-existance. All I'm seeing from you are statements "You haven't been following his career!" or "You're the one not posting truth" when in reality, I'm the one who seems to have support from ESPN Articles and Newspapers while you have... yourself. Yet, I sadly feel that you'll respond here, again, saying that you are right, again, without providing a single shred of evidence or proof to substantiate your claims... again.

I am at work, I dont have time nor do I care to google to prove that Ocho is a pouting crybaby at times....its like proving the sky is blue, or BM drops TD passes....I know....and if you watched his career like you say, youd know.

Just going off on the little things YOU posted.....He was holding out for a trade (was more than once, but you must have missed other years), and he called out his QB directly. That is worse than any ON FIELD occurences that BM made.

Let me also add that I am as optimistic as ever being a long term dolphin fan since the early 90's. We cleaned house in temrs of coaches and the only hold over is Ireland, who still has some borrowed time in my book. I need to see something from odrick, I need to see atleast one of these late round reaches show some promise. I won't jump on him for Tannehill if he busts because I watched all of his college throws and think he has NFL talent. He's gonna be another make or break it case fromt he head up. If the kid can adjust to the speed of the NFL while this team adds some talent around him the sky is limit. I liked the Martin pick. O line is our biggest concern coming into this season, followed by the holes at saftey, lacking production at DB and generating more of a pass rush. WR is one of the last holes a team needs to fill before becoming a contender but in todays NFL its slowly creeping up my list. 2-3 years is the window for this coaching staff and ireland to keep getting my support, which I haven't given to morons like Wandstate, cam cameron after picking ginns family and sparano. Saben might have been decent had he stuck it out but I hate nick satan like the rest of em

Tannehill will almost certainly buy Ireland more time and looking back on everything it was almost a pick he had to make to save his job for at least a couple of years. Ireland has so far not missed out on any of his first round picks they have all been at least very solid starters so far so lets hope the trend continues with Tannehill. I am more worried about the coaching staff being able to pull off their end of the deal. We are making a lot of changes that I hope need to be made. I would have preferred to have kept Nolan as our defensive coordinator if that was at all possible. Why try to fix what is not really broken especially if you have to draft more and different types of players to make it work which sounds like the path we are on. I would have preferred that we just concentrate on the offensive side and get it fixed. I am not sold on the retread Sherman who did not get it done as a head coach in the NFL and was just fired as a college coach. I am wearing my rose colored glassed with our new defensive coordinator Coyle and hoping he can turn around our secondary and the rest of the defense and make it work as well as his defensive secondary did in Cinci. But that is hoping. I believe all our running backs including Daniel Thomas fit this type of offense better than the old ground and pound and that will be a very big key to our offense this year if we are going to win. I also beleive all those running backs are a bit injury prone but the cut back style of running the ball instead of the ground and pound will help elevate their games to be more productive and should keep them a bit more healthy. Bush, Thomas, Miller and Slaton all can be pretty productive RB's if they stay healthy. Bess and Hartline are much more mature and expereinced than 3 years ago before we got Marshall and we were really getting by with just those 2 back then and Greg C and Ted Ginn. Think about it we won the division with those guys without Marshall. We certainly have enough recievers on our current roster to at least reproduce that talent level. What make me the most nervous is after this latest so called best draft the only college player drafted this year that I have heard any consistent good comments on is Veron the DE in the 3rd round. Still it is very early the pads have not come on and this new upbeat practice style the coaching staff is using may be taking it toll on the rookies in the beginning but will hopefully pay dividends later.

people on here can bash him all they want but Marshall was a top 5 wr talent , he mighthave been a drama queen some but dont say he wasnt a top wr just because he is gone ,and isnt playin here anymore because he is one of the best wrs in the game today, just look what might have been if we would have had a top QB throwin him the ball.

Yes Brandon is talented. It is going to take a coach with a strong personality to handle Marshall strong personality if not the QB will not matter.

Tannehill will almost certainly buy Ireland more time and looking back on everything it was almost a pick he had to make to save his job for at least a couple of years. Ireland has so far not missed out on any of his first round picks they have all been at least very solid starters so far so lets hope the trend continues with Tannehill. I am more worried about the coaching staff being able to pull off their end of the deal. We are making a lot of changes that I hope need to be made. I would have preferred to have kept Nolan as our defensive coordinator if that was at all possible. Why try to fix what is not really broken especially if you have to draft more and different types of players to make it work which sounds like the path we are on. I would have preferred that we just concentrate on the offensive side and get it fixed. I am not sold on the retread Sherman who did not get it done as a head coach in the NFL and was just fired as a college coach. I am wearing my rose colored glassed with our new defensive coordinator Coyle and hoping he can turn around our secondary and the rest of the defense and make it work as well as his defensive secondary did in Cinci. But that is hoping. I believe all our running backs including Daniel Thomas fit this type of offense better than the old ground and pound and that will be a very big key to our offense this year if we are going to win. I also beleive all those running backs are a bit injury prone but the cut back style of running the ball instead of the ground and pound will help elevate their games to be more productive and should keep them a bit more healthy. Bush, Thomas, Miller and Slaton all can be pretty productive RB's if they stay healthy. Bess and Hartline are much more mature and expereinced than 3 years ago before we got Marshall and we were really getting by with just those 2 back then and Greg C and Ted Ginn. Think about it we won the division with those guys without Marshall. We certainly have enough recievers on our current roster to at least reproduce that talent level. What make me the most nervous is after this latest so called best draft the only college player drafted this year that I have heard any consistent good comments on is Veron the DE in the 3rd round. Still it is very early the pads have not come on and this new upbeat practice style the coaching staff is using may be taking it toll on the rookies in the beginning but will hopefully pay dividends later.

I'm still not a huge fan of the pacellian odrick pick. Granted he was hurt but I need to see something from him. We've had so many first round busts prior to ireland that you can't be happy with a semi bust. I know there's no way to have projected his injury in his rookie season but I also felt like that pick was stupid because we already had a lot of beef on the Dline and odrick seems to play like what we already had. If he were a speed rusher I'd see the pick in a different light. Most of the other 1st rounders have been o linemen and those positions are 13392575 times easier to project to the next level. Just because they were easier picks doesn't discredit ireland because you build from the ball out but now it's getting to the time where we need to spend early picks on skill positions. If they bust or he doesnt hit it out the park with one of the late round picks, then ireland will be out on his ass within the next 3 years. If Tannehill emerges as a legit NFL starter in the next 2-3 years then Ireland is pretty much our GM for the forseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom