Brandon Marshall trashes former Dolphins receiving coaches | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall trashes former Dolphins receiving coaches

Yes we agree on everything you just stated and if I were to blame Ireland for part of this mess it would be where you stated. " I just think if we had put professional level coaches and other talented players around him, it wouldn't be as much of a problem"
IMO That is Irelands job to match the players and coaches so that the chemistry works. Ireland badly underestimated Tony's Sporano and his staff and their ability to handle a Brandon Marshall ego. In this case drafting to farily good recievers probably would have worked out much better with Tony Sporano and his staff. Thats not saying that Brandon Marshall is not very talented and will never work out for any team but with the right staff he is probably a great effective player. Lets put is this way if we got robbed dealing Marshall for 2 3rd rounders then its getting to the point that many of the NFL managers agree that Marshall is a handful. Yes we have been a mess for 15 years and that IMO that has more to do with not finding the right coach than the right players. Don Shula was stable and they old saying he could beat your team with his team or beat his team with your team was pretty much true because we were stable at the coaching position. The new winningest coach was Dave W who most everybody hates on this forum but Dave W stuck around the longest too. The talent is not that far off and IMO even better than many of those Shula teams the last 10-12 years of his coaching career. Ireland is far from perfect but I keep bringing up he has done the best job of getting in talent since that period of time.

The talent level was way higher for Shula because he had a HoF quarterback. That covered up alot of mistakes by shula. He was a great coach but I think the game was starting to pass him by. Problem was we invested in Jimmy Johnson who was also in the midst of being passed up by the modern NFL and his ego prevented him from building around a HoF quaterback. Wandstat was horrible. he had a gift dropped in his lap from johnson and that was prob a top ten defense of all time and it was built on 3rd and 4th round draft picks. he married himself to fiedler and it ruined any chance of him having success.

Here's a solid question for the marshall haters...Do you think Dan Marino would have made use of him had they been together at any point? How about a drew brees, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, Rothlesburger or any other super star talent level, dominate personality quarterback? the only top tier guy I see having a problem with him would maybe be eli and thats only because I see him as a reserved kind of guy, I could be wrong. Cutler has the personality and talent level to keep him in check.

I have a friend who currently plays for the Dolphins, and he says the majority of the players couldn't stand Marshall. He was really self centered, and treated mostly everyone in the locker room like they were second class citizens.

Just going off on the little things YOU posted.....He was holding out for a trade (was more than once, but you must have missed other years), and he called out his QB directly. That is worse than any ON FIELD occurences that BM made.

Everything I've posted backs up my claims. The holdout for a trade was ONE YEAR. Not MULTIPLE YEARS. It's the ONLY year. ONE. Stop saying more than once and other years, they don't exist. STOP MAKING THINGS UP. Just STOP. Stop telling me that "if I watched Ocho I would know" because no, that is incorrect. You are WRONG. Good lord, it's like arguing with a stubborn 5 year old who just doesn't understand how actual arguments work.

And if you took that Chad Johnson telling Carson Palmer to simply mind his own business as him "calling out his QB" then I have to start even question your reading comprehension or genuine honesty towards an open mind while doing so, because that's just nuts.

Here's a solid question for the marshall haters...Do you think Dan Marino would have made use of him had they been together at any point? How about a drew brees, Peyton Manning, Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, Rothlesburger or any other super star talent level, dominate personality quarterback? the only top tier guy I see having a problem with him would maybe be eli and thats only because I see him as a reserved kind of guy, I could be wrong. Cutler has the personality and talent level to keep him in check.

I believe Dan Marino had no problem getting on someones ass if needed and he could handle a Marshall but not sure how well when Marino was a rookie of course I also beleive that Shula would never had allowed a Marshall on his team he just would not put up the BS and would never had traded for him. I do not think Peyton would put up with Marshall also probably request and get Marshall traded off "his" team. You certainly did not really see those types of personalities on any of those QB teams. The rest of the QB's I really never follow so who knows. I do not hate Marshall I feel sorry for the guy he has some issues and I believe he can be sucessful with the correct supporting cast around him that does not allow him to point his fingers at everyone but himself. Marshall acted like he liked Ireland who I also believe has a very strong personality which is something that Marshall respects. If you stand up to Marshall he repects and understands that but if you do not he walks all over you. IMO

Probably explains why they had to move Dorrell to QB coach to get him to stay.

you don't see guys with quarterbacks that good act that way because they know it's a legit offense, not the bull**** we ran or had to run.

you don't see guys with quarterbacks that good act that way because they know it's a legit offense, not the bull**** we ran or had to run.
You might be correct because those types of guys and their baggage know they would be sent out in the cold and have to take what they could get and play for some looser. Of course that is what you have already inferred happened with Brandon Marshall didn't you?.

"Classless move this week by Brandon Marshall to claim he hasn't had a good receivers coach since coming to the NFL. He was a pain in the neck here for Karl Dorrell, who had to be moved to quarterback coach by Tony Sparano because Marshall was so difficult to work with, according to a person in regular contact with the former coaching staff."

This was the response from someone in the organization. Boy howdy he sounds like a great guy to have as a teammate

All his antics & stuff he says sure is funny ... now that he's on another team!! .... used to be, not so much.

Bring it on Marshall ... I know ya got more ... and more & more & more ... heh! heh!

Im not ignoring BMs drops in the endzone if thats what you are referring to. Just don't tell me a 1200 yard WR doesnt help the offense. He cant catch TDs? Go to another WR then. By the way, WHERE am I dishonest?

So you keep Marshall at that price to be what he is....... A glorified possession WR.
Your logic makes no sense in that regard. A receiver can have bloated numbers up and down the football field but it makes no difference if he doesn't make plays and score TD's.
This is just one of the multiple variables in the story of this over rated WR.

This was the response from someone in the organization. Boy howdy he sounds like a great guy to have as a teammate

This guy needed to be gone. I thought he might turn himself around in Miami and man up and not act like a first class wad boy was I wrong. Marshal is a piss poor teammate and I am glad he is gone even though it created a team need.

I don't see how he can complain about our receiving coaches. Obviously they've done a great job with all the other receivers.

Back
Top Bottom