brandon or chad | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

brandon or chad

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
after the trade of brandon and us picking up chad 85 i got to thinking are we better off with #85 and the two 3rd round picks then we would have been with brandon.
first BM gave us a true #1 WR for the first time in years a go to guy in the redzone.teams would have to double up on him and know where he was at all times.he made some great catches but also had some really bad drops.on thing that stood out for me was his blocking esp when he layed out that bills cb last year.
he was a diva and that is not ment in a good way from the way we here it he called out his qb's at times and it did not appear he was to kind with them.he also had off field issues that kept him in the dog house with coaches .p.s he was not fast at all and i did not see his great yac that many people claim he had
as for 85 well he is a bit older than brandon and has shown the ability in the past to be a #1 wr and has made some pro bowls as well.he could still be our #1 this year and if he does well enough he may just retire in a dolphins uniform.does he require double teams ????does he have to be game planned for ????
he can catch the ball and have yac wich is a bonus compared to brandon.also he may have a big ego and like to be on tv more than most but i really think we are better off with him than brandon.add to it the draft picks we got for the trade of marshall and the $$$$$$$$$$$ we saved as well and i think we are far better off

If someone had told you two months ago that we had traded Brandon Marshall for Chad Ochocinco and two third rounders, what would you have said?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

that we just saved a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and bad publicity

It all depends....was last year a fluke??

Chad has one bad year and people say he is done...maybe so, BUT 34 is still young enough at WR to get it done. I can easily see 85 turning into a Derrick Mason type player.

Its up to one person...OchoCinco!

Should have kept Marshall and still picked up Ocho.

Marshall trade was a shock to me, and I've come to accept trading him. All the dropped TD passes really pissed me off.

Yet, I would have been 100% behind keeping him too. Plus 85? Ya

Marshall
OchoCinco
Bess
Hartline

Nice top 4.

Are we better with Ochocinco than with Marshall? I don't care. We have Ochocinco so he has my support.

Don't care about what we could've been, i care about what we can do with what we have right now and into the future.

after the trade of brandon and us picking up chad 85 i got to thinking are we better off with #85 and the two 3rd round picks then we would have been with brandon.
first BM gave us a true #1 WR for the first time in years a go to guy in the redzone.teams would have to double up on him and know where he was at all times.he made some great catches but also had some really bad drops.on thing that stood out for me was his blocking esp when he layed out that bills cb last year.
he was a diva and that is not ment in a good way from the way we here it he called out his qb's at times and it did not appear he was to kind with them.he also had off field issues that kept him in the dog house with coaches .p.s he was not fast at all and i did not see his great yac that many people claim he had
as for 85 well he is a bit older than brandon and has shown the ability in the past to be a #1 wr and has made some pro bowls as well.he could still be our #1 this year and if he does well enough he may just retire in a dolphins uniform.does he require double teams ????does he have to be game planned for ????
he can catch the ball and have yac wich is a bonus compared to brandon.also he may have a big ego and like to be on tv more than most but i really think we are better off with him than brandon.add to it the draft picks we got for the trade of marshall and the $$$$$$$$$$$ we saved as well and i think we are far better off

Brandon is in the prime of his career, he had 1200+ yards last year and 174 yard + four TD's earning MVP honors in the probow. I would still prefer him back, all his problems aside, because I think his talent is so far above that of the youngins Philbin is so sold on. Now if I think objectively, maybe Ocho can teach them a thing or two without getting stabbed by his wife, etc etc in the offseason so we'll see. I just see serious holes in a few of our young guys, Gates couldn't run a proper route to save his life last year and reporetedly he's having more problems this year.

If Chad Johnson can help these youngins learn how to the play in the NFL than the signing was worth it, however historically he never really ran routes properly either. Oh well we will see. And if we **** the bed the first half of the season, I think Tanney should be put in to gain NFL experience.

Brandon is in the prime of his career, he had 1200+ yards last year and 174 yard + four TD's earning MVP honors in the probow. I would still prefer him back, all his problems aside, because I think his talent is so far above that of the youngins Philbin is so sold on. Now if I think objectively, maybe Ocho can teach them a thing or two without getting stabbed by his wife, etc etc in the offseason so we'll see. I just see serious holes in a few of our young guys, Gates couldn't run a proper route to save his life last year and reporetedly he's having more problems this year.

If Chad Johnson can help these youngins learn how to the play in the NFL than the signing was worth it, however historically he never really ran routes properly either. Oh well we will see. And if we **** the bed the first half of the season, I think Tanney should be put in to gain NFL experience.

The fact you bring this up is laughable.

Brandon Marshall isn't a Miami Dolphin anymore.. Chad is.

End of discussion.

Right... Like what ANYONE does in the probowl makes a s**t bit of difference in real life or what happens in real football.. Cause we all know the probowl isnt anywhere near, real football!
The fact you bring this up is laughable.

comparing what happened in the probowl to what happens in football?
Not when you OBJECTIVELY compare it to Chad Johnson's numbers last yer. BM may have been more of a headache, but he is also FAR AND AWAY the better talend and didn't need to go.

comparing what happened in the probowl to what happens in football?

Did you forget about his 1200+ regular season yards that are now gone? I understand why Marshall isn't here anymore, but if you think for a second somehow with this group of scrub receivers we're going to get that type of production you're high. You know how many years we clamored for a true #1 WR, after dealing with guys like Chambers, Boston, etc, who could show flashes but with no consistency. Love him or hate him, getting rid of BM THIS SEASON was a bad bad move. You'll all see it once the season plays out.

Back
Top Bottom