brandon or chad | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

brandon or chad

Brandon is in the prime of his career, he had 1200+ yards last year and 174 yard + four TD's earning MVP honors in the probow. I would still prefer him back, all his problems aside, because I think his talent is so far above that of the youngins Philbin is so sold on. Now if I think objectively, maybe Ocho can teach them a thing or two without getting stabbed by his wife, etc etc in the offseason so we'll see. I just see serious holes in a few of our young guys, Gates couldn't run a proper route to save his life last year and reporetedly he's having more problems this year.

If Chad Johnson can help these youngins learn how to the play in the NFL than the signing was worth it, however historically he never really ran routes properly either. Oh well we will see. And if we **** the bed the first half of the season, I think Tanney should be put in to gain NFL experience.

Dumping Marshall had more to do with his poor presence on the field, poor presence in the locker room and off field issues than his production. However, his numbers were very misleading. While the yards and catches were elite level, that lack of TD production puts him as no better than Hartline, Bess or anyone else we have. Factor in the untimely drops both in and out of the endzone, and trading him was a must for this team. His PB MVP was a sham...they only played touch football. Please...lets not even bring that into the equation... And if that's not enough, after he gets traded he continues to diss his old teammates and coaches here...no, dumping Marshall was necessary and worthwhile to the overall health of this TEAM, which he clearly never was and didn't want to be a part of... I'm thrilled we got 2 - 3rd round picks for him...

Yea, Johnson has always had an issue with route running and learning the playbook. That's fine, we have to hope that some of the younger guys (Marshall, Fuller, Cunningham, Marlon Moore, Pruitt, Wallace) one or two step up for this team... I'm not convinced that Johnson is the same guy he was a couple of years ago. I'm not convinced he can learn another offense (although it should be somewhat similar to what he ran in NE). I'm not convinced his persona will fit with what Philbin is trying to instill....that all said...he's here now...

But Marshall was a cancer we didn't and don't need...good riddance...

BTW, I'm happy for him to finally face his medical issues and open up. I applaud what he tried to do to fix his problems. I hope he does well with with his life from here on out... I'm also glad he's doing it on someone else's dime...

The real question might be....

Who would have been more interesting to watch on Hard Knocks, Brandon or Chad???

LOL

Bingo!

Trading our most talented yet underperforming and troubled receiver for 2 third-round picks-- Ireland's great, get that Marshall bum out of here!

Trading 2 second-round picks to acquire said bum in the first place-- well, we won't talk about that anymore.

That was a risk/reward type pick that GMs have to make....Acquiring him in the first place WAS a good move. We needed what we all thought he could bring to this team. He didn't deliver... So Ireland did what GMs again, have to do...dump him for whatever he could get... Things change with players from year to year. They develop and get better or they reach their peak and start to decline...injuries affect how they play...Marshall had other things that affected how he played...whatever the case, it WAS and good move to get him and it WAS a good move to dump him...

Did you forget about his 1200+ regular season yards that are now gone? I understand why Marshall isn't here anymore, but if you think for a second somehow with this group of scrub receivers we're going to get that type of production you're high. You know how many years we clamored for a true #1 WR, after dealing with guys like Chambers, Boston, etc, who could show flashes but with no consistency. Love him or hate him, getting rid of BM THIS SEASON was a bad bad move. You'll all see it once the season plays out.

Well, isn't that why we play the season ?? To see if these moves are good or not ?? Many said the same things about passing on Quinn for Ginn a few years back...how'd that turn out ?? Losses on both ends.... Getting rid of Marshall was a good move for this team. It may not equate to more wins, but it was the right move at the time... Let's see how things develop before we assume that any move made is a bad one...

the one thing i could not get over with BM was the trash he talked about his qb's .he was a big reason we were a 6-10 team last year as well

Lol the fact that Marshall had almost as many yards in the pro bowl as Ochocinco did in the entire regular season is laughable. Trading Brandon Marshall for two 3rd round picks is laughable. Jeff Ireland is laughable. Brian Hartline as a #1 receiver is laughable.
Insomnia has been pumping up Marshall a lot lately, taking shots at the team for trading him. Now, what did he think before the Dolphins traded him?

His response to the statement: "We need to deal Marshall for draft picks"

If we can get a 2nd round pick for the guy, do it. Same thing goes for Wake, this team is devoid of talent and we need as many picks as we can possibly get.
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...-need-to-deal-Marshall-for-draft-picks/page14

No, Miami didn't get the 2nd pick he wanted. However, two 3rd round picks is equal to or more than the value of a 2nd round pick.

His thoughts after Marshall was detained by police in November:

This guy is as *******, it's only a matter of time before he does something really dumb and gets himself a long suspension. This **** would be tolerable if he actually caught the ball when we needed him to. If we can get back what we spent on him I'd take it in a heartbeat.
http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...r-14th&p=1064117271&highlight=#post1064117271

Now that Marshall is gone, why is he a golden boy and shouldn't have been traded? Flip flop?

How many come with over 1000 yards, 80 receptions yearly?

This is my ****ing point in a nutshell. Look, I support this franchise no matter what, and I admit BM was a ****ing headcase. BUT, he was heads and shoulders above anything we have on our current WR core right now, and it is what it is. Spin it however you want.

after the trade of brandon and us picking up chad 85 i got to thinking are we better off with #85 and the two 3rd round picks then we would have been with brandon.
first BM gave us a true #1 WR for the first time in years a go to guy in the redzone.teams would have to double up on him and know where he was at all times.he made some great catches but also had some really bad drops.on thing that stood out for me was his blocking esp when he layed out that bills cb last year.
he was a diva and that is not ment in a good way from the way we here it he called out his qb's at times and it did not appear he was to kind with them.he also had off field issues that kept him in the dog house with coaches .p.s he was not fast at all and i did not see his great yac that many people claim he had
as for 85 well he is a bit older than brandon and has shown the ability in the past to be a #1 wr and has made some pro bowls as well.he could still be our #1 this year and if he does well enough he may just retire in a dolphins uniform.does he require double teams ????does he have to be game planned for ????
he can catch the ball and have yac wich is a bonus compared to brandon.also he may have a big ego and like to be on tv more than most but i really think we are better off with him than brandon.add to it the draft picks we got for the trade of marshall and the $$$$$$$$$$$ we saved as well and i think we are far better off

We would've been better off with one 3rd round pick

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qeszdl

And how many of them can/will have back to back 1000+ yard seasons? None so far...

Back to Back losing season. That is what BM gave us.

He hasn't won anywhere he has played.

Football is a team game and BM isn't a team player.

Move the @@@@ on!

Insomnia has been pumping up Marshall a lot lately, taking shots at the team for trading him. Now, what did he think before the Dolphins traded him?

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...-need-to-deal-Marshall-for-draft-picks/page14

No, Miami didn't get the 2nd pick he wanted. However, two 3rd round picks is equal to or more than the value of a 2nd round pick.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...r-14th&p=1064117271&highlight=#post1064117271

Now that Marshall is gone, why is he a golden boy and shouldn't have been traded? Flip flop?

flipfloprash2-1.jpg

"If we can get back what we traded for him, I'd take it in a heartbeat." At no point did I suggest we dump him off for two 3rd rounders. All off season I have said that if you can't get value for the player, you don't make the trade. Two 3rds isn't proper value and I would have much rather have had one 2nd rounder in this year's draft than two 3rds over the next two years. I also made that statement ASSUMING that dick head Ireland would actually make an attempt to replace Marshall. I would have liked Floyd at 8, I always liked Floyd and never liked Tanny. I personally don't think he's a long term upgrade over Moore, but I've made that idea perfectly clear as well.

Again, the idea of trading Marshall isn't my issue. The idea of trading Marshall for ****ty value and not making any attempt to replace him is my issue. If I haven't been perfectly clear about that then I'm sorry I guess.

"If we can get back what we traded for him, I'd take it in a heartbeat." At no point did I suggest we dump him off for two 3rd rounders. All off season I have said that if you can't get value for the player, you don't make the trade. Two 3rds isn't proper value and I would have much rather have had one 2nd rounder in this year's draft than two 3rds over the next two years. I also made that statement ASSUMING that dick head Ireland would actually make an attempt to replace Marshall. I would have liked Floyd at 8, I always liked Floyd and never liked Tanny. I personally don't think he's a long term upgrade over Moore, but I've made that idea perfectly clear as well.
i really think ireland had no better offer or he would have not taken the 2 3rd round picks.BM has to much going against him and was paid way to much $$$$$$$$$

Again, the idea of trading Marshall isn't my issue. The idea of trading Marshall for ****ty value and not making any attempt to replace him is my issue. If I haven't been perfectly clear about that then I'm sorry I guess.
i really think ireland had no better offer or he would have not taken the 2 3rd round picks.BM has to much going against him and was paid way to much $$$$$$$$$

Back
Top Bottom