brandon or chad | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

brandon or chad

marhall isnt here anymore so i could ccare less about him and his dropped td passes, and i dont care what he did in the probowl bc he sure as hell didnt do that here. chad is here and i have my doubts but im rooting for him

If someone had told you two months ago that we had traded Brandon Marshall for Chad Ochocinco and two third rounders, what would you have said?

I would have said "good trade." And don't bring up the difference in production. Chad did not catch many balls last year, but one big reason was that Brady had Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez and Branch to throw to. You don't throw for over 5,000 yards without top quality targets. Chad became an after-thought. We had BM to throw to, and ????? If you get thrown to a lot, you're going to catch a lot, it doesn't mean you played great.

It all depends....was last year a fluke??

Chad has one bad year and people say he is done...maybe so, BUT 34 is still young enough at WR to get it done. I can easily see 85 turning into a Derrick Mason type player.

Its up to one person...OchoCinco!

he's really had just one good year in the past 4 so I think it's past the fluke stage. He's better than his #s last year but I wouldn't expect him to play like he did 5-6 years ago.

I would rather have our original 2 #2's back and no Ocho. If we would have picked up a receiver like Torrey Smith, he might be developing into a pretty decent receiver...

Instead, we pick up another 1-year throw-away...

The fact you bring this up is laughable.

Lol the fact that Marshall had almost as many yards in the pro bowl as Ochocinco did in the entire regular season is laughable. Trading Brandon Marshall for two 3rd round picks is laughable. Jeff Ireland is laughable. Brian Hartline as a #1 receiver is laughable.

I would rather have our original 2 #2's back and no Ocho. If we would have picked up a receiver like Torrey Smith, he might be developing into a pretty decent receiver...

Instead, we pick up another 1-year throw-away...
Bingo!

Trading our most talented yet underperforming and troubled receiver for 2 third-round picks-- Ireland's great, get that Marshall bum out of here!

Trading 2 second-round picks to acquire said bum in the first place-- well, we won't talk about that anymore.

can't compare at all. brandon marshall is a supremely talented (yet inconsistent) wide receiver in the prime of his career. chad johnson is an afterthought that might have something left in the tank or might be just about done. I for one am glad brandon marshall is no longer a member of this team, and feel lucky we were able to find a team to take his salary and give us two 3rd's. we won't be able to replace his production with one person, but hopefully the offense will mitigate that necessity somewhat by more targets (and production) for all the other receivers that see the field. our talent level is less in the receiver corps., but our team is better in terms of morale, attitude, and character. the last thing you want with a young team, rookie QB, new coach, new OC, etc. is a brandon marshall-type wide receiver, or worse yet, BM himself.

Unreal lets make it simple....BM > Chad

I'll take my chances with BM getting shot or stabbed or suspended for the year rather than go into the season with our WR core the way it is now. Chad is going to be less than half the yardage and receptions this year, with a similar amount of drops. If we add his route running problems in with our new WCO...we'll see how many of you come back and agree.

We have alot of guys that can drop the ball and dont get paid as much as Brandon did.

Brandon Marshall wasn't worth it from the beginning. He became the highest paid WR in the NFL then pretty much demanded a trade. He did nothing for us and Ireland had to cut his losses.

Brandon Marshall wasn't worth it from the beginning. He became the highest paid WR in the NFL then pretty much demanded a trade. He did nothing for us and Ireland had to cut his losses.

LOL...When did he demand a trade? So ridiculous

Bingo!

Trading our most talented yet underperforming and troubled receiver for 2 third-round picks-- Ireland's great, get that Marshall bum out of here!

Trading 2 second-round picks to acquire said bum in the first place-- well, we won't talk about that anymore.

Noone talks about it because they all thought it was brilliant at the time...they would have to eat crow to admit it was a ****ed up trade in the first place. Instead, they like to sugar-coat it as..."we got two great years of production and then traded him for 2 #3's"...the logic is amazing...

Brandon Marshall is a fraud. What a waste of time.
Can we all just move on and forget he was here?

Back
Top Bottom