Braylen may only see the field in the 2nd half - from a Jets beat writer | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylen may only see the field in the 2nd half - from a Jets beat writer

Setting someone whose mind isn't right to help him get his mind right may be the best thing for a team. I'm not talking about a childish coach refusing to play a recalcitrant player (like I think Shanahan is being an idiot in Washington with Haynesworth). Trying to get a message through to Braylon, "hello, Earth to Braylon, you need to focus focus focus". A focused Braylon would only help the Jests.

Go ahead. Slap the wrist. Play him. Sooner or later Braylon will be Braylon. And I hope all you lose is yardage or the ball.

Setting someone whose mind isn't right to help him get his mind right may be the best thing for a team. I'm not talking about a childish coach refusing to play a recalcitrant player (like I think Shanahan is being an idiot in Washington with Haynesworth). Trying to get a message through to Braylon, "hello, Earth to Braylon, you need to focus focus focus". A focused Braylon would only help the Jests.

Go ahead. Slap the wrist. Play him. Sooner or later Braylon will be Braylon. And I hope all you lose is yardage or the ball.

I assure you, having David Clowney on the field in lieu of Braylon Edwards is not what's best for the team. You can punish him with a fine, extra work in practice, public service, etc.

If he sits out anymore than the first series, that tells me that Rex was talking out of his *** about the Jets being a championship team this year. Without Braylon, that receiving core scares no one. You can be damn sure Rex knows that. Keller is good, but he is only that good because the defense can't key in on him solely. Take Braylon out of the mix and all of a sudden, the defense can focus on stopping Keller, leaving a good not great Cotchery as your best threat. There is no good reason to not play Braylon here. We Dolphin fans can protest all we want, but its a fact that if this was Marshall and the Dolphins, we'd be livid if Sparano was going to voluntarily sit Marshall against our most hated rival...

Gaylen will be on the field on the Jets second drive. Shortly after their first drive goes 3 and out.

You mean Sanchez isn't going to throw a pick on his first pass? :hump:

i'm still waiting for punishment for beating up a guy at the cleveland bar that was 130 lbs. No, its not like he beat his girlfriend.....i guess its ok by the league now to just go around hitting people.

It bothers me that we have to hurt our team while other teams w/ multiple DUIs don't have to sit their guys. Our team is bowing down to the ridiciulous media pressure instad of ignroning it like you guys did.

If I understand it correctly, Braylon's DUI occurred while he was on probation. Probation violations are ALWAYS treated more seriously than a 1st time offense.
BTW, which Dolphin player has been changed with DUI RECENTLY? If I recall there were a few offseason incidents

Back
Top Bottom