Braylen may only see the field in the 2nd half - from a Jets beat writer | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylen may only see the field in the 2nd half - from a Jets beat writer

To me its not an issue of suspending him and hurting the team (which they can't do by the CBA). It's an issue of benching him and getting in his face to say, shape up or you won't see the field. Playing him like nothing happened I don't think is the right thing for the Jets OR Braylon. He needs tough love right now, because the KID (I'm a grandpa now, I can call him a kid) needs a Gibbs-slap to the back of the head to wake up and focus on THE GAME. The DUI is not just a solitary event, it is part of a disturbing pattern that needs to stop. If he can focus on the game then his physical abilities will shine and benefit the team.

The contrast between Braylon and Cam Wake (frickin monk focusing on football) is like night and day. There are players who carry themselves well on the Jests, they need to take Braylon under their wing and deal with him as well. If he played for Baltimore Ray Lewis would have dealt with him by now. I think Ryan misses the enforcer who maintained discipline on that team.

Braylon is 27. He needs to grow up and focus on the things that are important in life, like work. What I'm sure ticks off management is not that he had too much to drink after a big game, but that they set up a way to keep players out of this exact situation and Braylon disregarded the protocol. AND Braylon endangered two other players at the same time.

It bothers me that we have to hurt our team while other teams w/ multiple DUIs don't have to sit their guys. Our team is bowing down to the ridiciulous media pressure instad of ignroning it like you guys did.

Ronnie Brown's incident was in March right? Did you expect them to suspend him for a game that would occur 6 months later? It's a whole different ballgame in comparing that with something that happened a few days after Week 2

Ronnie Brown's incident was in March right? Did you expect them to suspend him for a game that would occur 6 months later? It's a whole different ballgame in comparing that with something that happened a few days after Week 2

Not to mention Brown wasn't even under contract, didn't he just sign a tender before training camp?

What about Fili Moala of the Colts getting a DUI on September 3rd and starting on September 12th. He was never punished with missing game time and there was no media uproar.

The Jets are in the spotlight they put themselves in and so the media wants to make a big deal of everything. They should not punish Braylon with missing playing time because it hurts the team. I think they're stupid for even saying he's not starting. We need him this week.

This is what the Jets should so. Dress Edwards and make it known he's a reserve and they're only dreeing him because they are thin at WR. Then Start David Clowney and have him fake an injury on the first play from scrimmage so they have no choice but to bring Edawards in for the rest of the game. Then they handle the media part and get Edwards to play the entire game. Brilliant!

If a guy is going to get suspended in September why shouldn't a player arrested in Mrach be suspended for a game?

Not to mention Brown wasn't even under contract, didn't he just sign a tender before training camp?

Using that line of thinking why was Holmes suspended for us when he had his problem w/ Pitt?

If a guy is going to get suspended in September why shouldn't a player arrested in Mrach be suspended for a game?

Benched by the team , team's decision and perogative ... not suspended. No one should be able to tell a team they can't sit a player if the wish , player get's paid , but playing time is a team choice. Francesca was very clear and right on the mark detailing the difference.

Using that line of thinking why was Holmes suspended for us when he had his problem w/ Pitt?

He was suspended by the league per league rules.... not a situation specific to the jets. His conduct determined the action.

I think the Jests fans are missing the point (understandable). The Jests are under no obligation not to play Edwards. None. But what Braylon did was not just a dumb move (IMHO, driving while drunk is dumb, period). It was breaking a protocol set up especially to deal with this situation. When I break protocol at work I get disciplined (I do work at a nuclear power plant but football is a game where if you don't focus on your job you or someone else can get badly hurt). This was on top of the (dumb) taunting call in the game. Braylon did not need to put his life, and the lives of two fellow players, and the public, at risk.

I would not discipline but I would chew the a** of Brick and Vernon for not calling 1-800-J-E-T-D-R-U-N-K and instead getting in Braylon's car. After the reporter incident and Hard Knocks, the team didn't need further DISTRACTION.

I've said it before, I'll repeat it again. Fathead will play Edwards all day long. He can't afford to go down 2 1/2 games to us, so he's going to use everything he has. I just wish Reavis were playing so they wouldn't have any excuses when we win.

I think the Jests fans are missing the point (understandable). The Jests are under no obligation not to play Edwards. None. But what Braylon did was not just a dumb move (IMHO, driving while drunk is dumb, period). It was breaking a protocol set up especially to deal with this situation. When I break protocol at work I get disciplined (I do work at a nuclear power plant but football is a game where if you don't focus on your job you or someone else can get badly hurt). This was on top of the (dumb) taunting call in the game. Braylon did not need to put his life, and the lives of two fellow players, and the public, at risk.

I would not discipline but I would chew the a** of Brick and Vernon for not calling 1-800-J-E-T-D-R-U-N-K and instead getting in Braylon's car. After the reporter incident and Hard Knocks, the team didn't need further DISTRACTION.

Of course it was dumb. Many teams are a part of the SAME PROGRAM setup by the LEAGUE. Many teams also have players with DUI's. The Jets shouldn't make a precedent by benching a player when NO OTHER TEAM in the league would do so. There have been 25 players arrested for DUI over the past 2 years. None have missed playing time because of a punishment dished out by their own team.

It's STUPID for the Jets to not start Braylon.

It's STUPID for the Jets to not start Braylon.

I disagree. I think from the JETS perspective, they need to get through somehow to Braylon that he has to stop doing dumb things and do what is best for the team. He's not getting it. Even after the DUI he appeared surprised that people would be upset at him (he does sound humbler lately).

Sooner or later he will make a mistake that will cost the Jests a game (if they're lucky, injury or death if not) if he doesn't get his mind right. From a Phins homer perspective, I hope they start him and he does something dumb. I just hope he doesn't get someone hurt.

I disagree. I think from the JETS perspective, they need to get through somehow to Braylon that he has to stop doing dumb things and do what is best for the team. He's not getting it. Even after the DUI he appeared surprised that people would be upset at him (he does sound humbler lately).

Sooner or later he will make a mistake that will cost the Jests a game (if they're lucky, injury or death if not) if he doesn't get his mind right. From a Phins homer perspective, I hope they start him and he does something dumb. I just hope he doesn't get someone hurt.

I don't think it's a smart idea to punish the team because of one idiot. How did that work out for the Broncos last year and their playoff hopes?

You can punish Braylon other ways that don't impact the team.

Back
Top Bottom