Braylon Edwards vs Mike Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards vs Mike Williams

wonderl33t

Club Member
Reaction score
I think we need to settle this in one thread, because there are too many scattered opinions on why one is better than the other. Personally I like Mike Williams because he is 6'5" with otherwordly hands, can leap like a freaking deer, and is fast. He's not breaking the sound barrier, but he is pretty fast. As great as Braylon Edwards is, I don't see how you could take Edwards over Williams given Williams' amazing size, wild athletic and jumping ability, and superb hands. Braylon is fast and strong and makes all the catches, but Mike Williams is such a WEAPON! He is as much of a 'trump card' of a player as you will find in this draft

Williams= O Gadsen
Edwards = Holt

who would you rather have.

Me, I want the burner Edwards. Chambers is a better # 2 WR.

wonderl33t said:
I think we need to settle this in one thread, because there are too many scattered opinions on why one is better than the other. Personally I like Mike Williams because he is 6'5" with otherwordly hands, can leap like a freaking deer, and is fast. He's not breaking the sound barrier, but he is pretty fast. As great as Braylon Edwards is, I don't see how you could take Edwards over Williams given Williams' amazing size, wild athletic and jumping ability, and superb hands. Braylon is fast and strong and makes all the catches, but Mike Williams is such a WEAPON! He is as much of a 'trump card' of a player as you will find in this draft

At 6' 3" and a 4.45 in the 40, with leaping ability and hands just as good or if not better then M. Williams. Not only that, but he did 22 Bench Reps this weekend, I think I'd take Edwards over williams. I don't think the extra 2 inches makes that much of a difference when you have Edwards. I just think Edwards is more of a weapon then Williams, cause he can burn you deep and he can out jump you to the ball, and is very powerful.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Williams= O Gadsen
Edwards = Holt

To use your own argument against you, wouldn't you rather have 2 WRs that complement each other rather than 2 WRs who do the same thing? I'd rather have a beast WR to go with the burner/possession guy

I don't think we take either, but think of Edwards and Chambers with Randy M.

WOW!!!!

We just need a QB to throw to them and not the CB's. (sorry, could not help that!)

Sorry but I agree with NJ, We have a possesion receiver in Booker. Also we have a Tight End that can be possesion. Why wouldn't we want someone that can be both. Edwards isn't only a burner. He is both, which is why he is so versatile IMO.

wonderl33t said:
To use your own argument against you, wouldn't you rather have 2 WRs that complement each other rather than 2 WRs who do the same thing? I'd rather have a beast WR to go with the burner/possession guy

Well, Chambers has not really shown he is a # 1 WR yet. True he has not had a QB. But remember the Vikings offense, two burners, 1 possession, TE and a RB.

That really opens the field.

I don't think williams will be a bust, but he just reminds me off Gadsen.

The best horse has been in the barn for a year

That's really the only factor in these annointments of Braylon Edwards. If Mike Williams had been on the field in the Orange Bowl, you could transfer many of those 'SC TDs to his resume and this wouldn't even be a question.

Sorry for the admittedly offbeat horse racing theme, but it reminds me of '78, when Seattle Slew had been sick for a year and nearly died. When he returned in the fall, the short memory disbelievers made Affirmed the favorite in the Marlboro Cup. Anyone with two functioning brain cells realized Slew was vastly superior. He toyed with Affirmed twice.

In 10 months Mike Williams will be consensus superior to Braylon Edwards, and the world will be round again.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Williams= O Gadsen
Edwards = Holt

WRONG Williams=TO

EDWARDS=HARRISON:cooldude: :evil:

NJFinsFan....come on guy, did you actually watch mike williams when he played? if Mike Williams would have played this season, this arguement would not be going on right now. everyone likes edwards because they saw him play this year and everyone forgot what mike can do. mike can go deep just as well if not better than edwards because even if he doesnt have the corner beat and even if there is a safety over the top, nobody is gonna jump with him.. im sorry but williams is a cant miss.

look at this pic, Mike is like eight times bigger than any other player on the field http://www.trojantalk.com/images/2003-2004/11-22-2003-football-usc-47-ucla-22/photos/photo_78.html

DcRy82 said:
NJFinsFan....come on guy, did you actually watch mike williams when he played? if Mike Williams would have played this season, this arguement would not be going on right now. everyone likes edwards because they saw him play this year and everyone forgot what mike can do. mike can go deep just as well if not better than edwards because even if he doesnt have the corner beat and even if there is a safety over the top, nobody is gonna jump with him.. im sorry but williams is a cant miss.

I agree, I think people are holding it against Williams that he didn't play this year, they forget how insanely awesome he is

DcRy82 said:

Yes, I saw him play.

Back
Top Bottom