Braylon Edwards vs Mike Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards vs Mike Williams

wonderl33t said:
Mike Williams is not slow at all. He's not a burner, but he's not slow. Also you know that Keyshawn is like 5'11" right
Actually Meyshawn is 6'4". I somewhat agree with the Meyshawn comparison, but I do think Mike Williams is better. But they are both big targets, and lack speed.

One thing you can say is that Williams really benefited from the USC program and from the fact that he was embroiled with the NFL in last year's draft. Benefited from a public perception standpoint, that is. Edwards has made his mark with mediocre-to-decent Michigan teams versus Williams with an outstanding USC team. Also, I would argue the quality of competition in the Big 12 vs. the Pac 10, at least the last few years. There is not much difference between these guys except that Edwards is a lot faster (in WR speak)...They are both explosive and have good hands, run good routes. The two things that seperates them, for this draft and in the eyes of the NFL powers-to-be is the year layoff and Edwards superior speed. Now, 10 years from now, they may both be HOF candidates. There is another issue that I have noticed with WRs of Williams size and that is the propensity to lose their speed after just a few years in the NFL (Moss is slowing down, Keshawn lost his speed several years ago, etc)...that is just an observation of my own. IF we end up taking a WR at #2, give me Edwards. I would not think badly of Saban choosing Williams tho...at #2, I think whomever we get will be an impact player for us.

I think its interesting how people are really warming to the idea of drafting a receiver.

Three months ago the author of this thread would have been flamed from the get-go.

fishypete said:
Williams is another Keyshawn Johnson....big...slow with decent hands. I rather have Edwards...the kid is solid rock...6'3" 210 lbs...thats big enough. If he runs a 4.4/40 in his workout...that should lock him in to the 2nd pick.

I like the Keyshawn comparison!

I saw M williams at the colisuem a few times when he played let me tell you this kid is a monster he dwarfs Defensive linemen when he was in the huddle he almost look like one of the OL. Also his gamespeed was very adequate enough to burn some cb for touchdowns dont see any problems there, and if cb were catching up he was really hard to bring down due to his size. he also has one of the biggest pair of hands ive seen. the game vs the beavers he had a catch for a touchdown and it was an amazing catch and he only used one hand, quess you had to be there to appreciate it. simply put this guy is a freak of nature any team that would be lucky enough to draft this guy will have a quality wr for years to come

#19 Johnson, Keyshawn WR 6-4 214 9 USC

I think he is a good comparison to Mike Williams. Can Williams be better, yeah maybe. He seems to have a better makeup the Keyshawn.

Hell, how about QB Matt Jones for WR. Look at his numbers

6' 6" 237 lbs.
4.40 forty
39.5 Vertical leap
10.9 broad jump.

And he was a freakin' QB

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I agree with Clayton. I think that Braylon would have solidified himself as a top 5 pick if he would of ran.

I'm sure he'll still put up a great number in Michigan. It probably won't really hurt his status. But, I don't see why these guys don't do both the combine and pro day. The scouts will only care about their best time. IMO working out at the combine says alot about someone's competitiveness.

WHAT COIN YOU FLIPPIN?!?!?!?!?
We are comparing the 1st 2 years Mike Williams has him by 1400yds!!!!!
Come on people 2579 yds in 2 seasons as a fresh. and soph. and 30Tds come on slow WTF people like NJfinfan should be banned for ignorance. Keyshawn cannot even come close to those #s!!!

kbeath said:
WHAT COIN YOU FLIPPIN?!?!?!?!?
We are comparing the 1st 2 years Mike Williams has him by 1400yds!!!!!
Come on people 2579 yds in 2 seasons as a fresh. and soph. and 30Tds come on slow WTF people like NJfinfan should be banned for ignorance. Keyshawn cannot even come close to those #s!!!

And Williams last played football when????........That earns a coin flip right there.

J Tes said:
Actually Meyshawn is 6'4". I somewhat agree with the Meyshawn comparison, but I do think Mike Williams is better. But they are both big targets, and lack speed.

my bad I thought he was shorter. He plays like a small WR

Back
Top Bottom