Braylon Edwards vs Mike Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards vs Mike Williams

wonderl33t said:
I think we need to settle this in one thread, because there are too many scattered opinions on why one is better than the other. Personally I like Mike Williams because he is 6'5" with otherwordly hands, can leap like a freaking deer, and is fast. He's not breaking the sound barrier, but he is pretty fast. As great as Braylon Edwards is, I don't see how you could take Edwards over Williams given Williams' amazing size, wild athletic and jumping ability, and superb hands. Braylon is fast and strong and makes all the catches, but Mike Williams is such a WEAPON! He is as much of a 'trump card' of a player as you will find in this draft

I agree. I have said all along that I think Braylon Edwards is a steep drop off talent wise than Mike Williams.

DcRy82 said:
NJFinsFan....come on guy, did you actually watch mike williams when he played? if Mike Williams would have played this season, this arguement would not be going on right now. everyone likes edwards because they saw him play this year and everyone forgot what mike can do. mike can go deep just as well if not better than edwards because even if he doesnt have the corner beat and even if there is a safety over the top, nobody is gonna jump with him.. im sorry but williams is a cant miss.
I agree.

wonderl33t said:
look at this box score

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=233260030&confId=null

I was at the game and Mike Williams soared over the entire UCLA defense like a stealth bomber over Baghdad. He is such a beast
RW williams is almost an exact clone and put up very comparable numbers in the same college division............and he had terrible QB's compared to MW..........i think MW is terribly overrated because of USC and who his QB's were..........i also dont think that highly of edwards.......i think White and williamson will be better than both but i think Clayton will be the best of them all.

What?!?!? overrated?? alright man. hahaha

I play WR.. and when i see the things that mike williams can do it makes me jealous. the guy is UNREAL, he could have went in the top ten as a freshman. just to put it very simply, he does things that other people cant do.....

jason_taylor said:
WRONG Williams=TO

EDWARDS=HARRISON:cooldude: :evil:

I liked the Holt comparison. This Harrison one doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

And Williams is a poor mans TO.

I don't think we'll draft a WR in the 1st, but if we cut Boston it's possible.

On who I would rather have... it's close. I'm a big Michigan fan so I would love to see Braylon on our team, but Mike Williams is a freak of nature.

IMO you can't go wrong either way it just depends on what you want. Both are great Possession guys, and both are great redzone targets because of their size. Main difference is Williams probably has better hands, but Edwards is faster.

It's a tough decision (although alot of people said that after Braylon's reps yesterday he has all but guranteed himself a top 5 pick, but they have also yet to see Williams play)

Braylon would probably be a better option for our team (Since Booker and Williams are alike in alot of ways), but again, Mike Williams is just a freak of nature.

Williams is another Keyshawn Johnson....big...slow with decent hands. I rather have Edwards...the kid is solid rock...6'3" 210 lbs...thats big enough. If he runs a 4.4/40 in his workout...that should lock him in to the 2nd pick.

fishypete said:
Williams is another Keyshawn Johnson....big...slow with decent hands. I rather have Edwards...the kid is solid rock...6'3" 210 lbs...thats big enough. If he runs a 4.4/40 in his workout...that should lock him in to the 2nd pick.

Mike Williams is not slow at all. He's not a burner, but he's not slow. Also you know that Keyshawn is like 5'11" right

Reggie Williams was the 9th pick and ran a 4.56.........he looked terrible last yr..........just like David Terrell...........i think you can even make the same case for Plexiglass........there are very few WR drafted in the TOP 10 who are studs..........I like MW but he should go around 15 based upon Value........but he wont.........I dont see any WR worth the fins pick at 2................if i was a fin fan i would be worried about the SF picking my favorite RB because that is what i think is going to happen...........

jason_taylor said:
WRONG Williams=TO

EDWARDS=HARRISON:cooldude: :evil:

Braylon Edwards/Marvin Harrison??? Mike Williams/TO???? What are you smoking? Banana skins?

wonderl33t said:
Mike Williams is not slow at all. He's not a burner, but he's not slow. Also you know that Keyshawn is like 5'11" right

Keyshawn Johnson 5'11"....man, pass what ever your smoking....He's 6032 217 out of college...I know Bill is a hard coach...but he couldn't have worked 4 inch's off the guy. :roflmao:

Boomer...whats your take on Vincent Jackson...6'5" 241...4.5/40 est...he's 24 but looks good....maybe 3rd round. He's no burner...but neither is Mike Williams. He could play WR/TE...just the kind of player Saban may like.

williams had keyshawn comparisons since he started playing college... they are both big guys with great hands, but not the fastest... i think williams will have a better career than keyshawn though...

id take either to be honest... we have a speedster in chambers, if we had mike williams out there running the ins and outs going over the middle catching everything in his path, chambers would have SO many more chnaces to get deep...

i like williams, but i dont think wed take him number 2

I think Edwards is more polished, a better route runner and is certainly faster.

I think Williams has the better hands and would make a for a terror in the red zone.

I dont think you can lose by picking either guy.

Back
Top Bottom