Braylon Edwards vs Mike Williams | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards vs Mike Williams

DcRy82 said:
LOL you edwards people, especially you Phin Phan..haha you must not be able to see everything from canada... i am going to raise hell on this board next january after williams has a better season.... Mike Williams is the LeBron James of Football. the fact that edwards only thing on williams is his 40 time and you guys think it makes him better than williams really makes me question every one of your football knowledge... PURE ignorance.

us edwards people? wtf...its our opinion...just like you think williams' is better...well that's your opinion.

he's not just faster but he's got great hands and good size...for a wide receiver...probably more than any other position...speed is very important...speed kills man...you can't teach that. i've watched edwards play and he's awesome. williams had a better qb throwing him the ball and a better all around team and played with so so competition. edwards had to be the go to guy...and played against tougher competition.

Here in Connecticut....what i'm seeing is Edwards is great.

Go Fins!!!

OK sal....good job hes faster (in a 40 yard dash which is 95% dependant on your get off and first 3 steps)...you note that not only is he faster "but he's got great hands and good size". thats great, but williams has BETTER hands and BETTER size "for a wide receiver".... i agree that speed is important, but williams will likely better his (own) times when he runs in his own shoes on march 10th. and if he runs a low 4.5 then the diff. between edwards' 4.45 and mikes say 4.55 for sh!ts and giggles, is a yard.... so great, your picking a receiver because he crosses a finishline 3 feet in front of the other person. final thought.... i know stats dont mean everything, but they do mean something...so im going to compare Williams TRUE FRESHMAN AND SOPHOMORE year stats to edwards JUNIOR AND SENIOR year stats.....

Williams: 176 rec. 2,579 yds 14.5 ypc 30 td
Edwards: 182 rec. 2,468 yds 13.5 ypc 29 td

Less catches by 6, but better in every other category... ALL as a TRUE freshman and sophomore...think of what he would have done this past year.

give me some facts if you want to make an valid arguement ....

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Edwards was the # 1 wr on most boards before the 40 time.
On most teams' boards? Wow how do you know that? You have seen them? Then please enlighten us all.

Seriously, whatever was previously published by the MEDIA was not necessarily what the teams think. Even the hailed Mel Kiper is not always right.

The truth is that some teams probably have Edwards as the 1st WR and some probably have Williams as 1st.

Just look back to last year when Dallas had a chance to take Steven Jackson ("most peoples #1 back") but they instead traded down and got what Parcells called his "#1 rated back" on their board.

Both players will be good. NO one can predict which will be better. At least no one can predict it with 100% certainty.

so SAL....is Bethel johnson from NE (who runs a 40 in the high 4.2's low 4.3's) better than T.O.? is daunte stallworth better than Chris Carter used to be? is L. Coles better than Jerry rice? because BJ, stall, and coles all have better 40 times then the other GREAT receivers i just listed. speed (especially in a 40 yard dash) isnt everything..i agree it helps, but it doesnt make you good.

seriously, admit that you have no argument because you are making horrible points.

Oboy said:
On most teams' boards? Wow how do you know that? You have seen them? Then please enlighten us all.

Seriously, whatever was previously published by the MEDIA was not necessarily what the teams think. Even the hailed Mel Kiper is not always right.

The truth is that some teams probably have Edwards as the 1st WR and some probably have Williams as 1st.

Just look back to last year when Dallas had a chance to take Steven Jackson ("most peoples #1 back") but they instead traded down and got what Parcells called his "#1 rated back" on their board.

Both players will be good. NO one can predict which will be better. At least no one can predict it with 100% certainty.

By boards I meant Mocks and by the so called experts like Kiper, nobody knows what the NFL teams have.

Guys...these guys are very very close as far as the eyes of the scouts and managers...what separates them IMO is what's between their ears. Im sure that if Saban is looking at WR at #2 he will pick the guy who fits better his team first concept. And out of those 2, I honestly dont know who that would be. Dont forget good character traits are huge in Sabans mind. Same goes with the RB, I believe that he will go with one of the Auburn guys and not Benson because of their character.

DcRy82 said:
so SAL....is Bethel johnson from NE (who runs a 40 in the high 4.2's low 4.3's) better than T.O.? is daunte stallworth better than Chris Carter used to be? is L. Coles better than Jerry rice? because BJ, stall, and coles all have better 40 times then the other GREAT receivers i just listed. speed (especially in a 40 yard dash) isnt everything..i agree it helps, but it doesnt make you good.

seriously, admit that you have no argument because you are making horrible points.

Edwards is the total package...fast...great hands...big target...runs good routes...now you pointed out that Williams is bigger...by your arguement you're saying that Williams is better becuase he's 1 1/2 inches taller than Edwards!!!

What arguements do you have that make your opinion better than mine?

Have you seen some of the great catches that Edwards has made?

They are opinions...and since they are relatively the same size and both possess good hands...I'd go with the fast player...who is Edwards.

Speed does not make you great like you stated...but if two receivers possess a lot of the same qualities...wouldn't you take the one that's faster?

I would.

Im just gonna let this whole thing go, its not worth arguing over because neither of us know what is going to happen. but if you want to talk about great catches, Williams could make a 3 hour long highlight reel...but im not gonna talk about it anymore because why argue something that nobdoy can prove.

DcRy82 said:
Im just gonna let this whole thing go, its not worth arguing over because neither of us know what is going to happen. but if you want to talk about great catches, Williams could make a 3 hour long highlight reel...but im not gonna talk about it anymore because why argue something that nobdoy can prove.

Believe me...I would not mind one bit if we took Williams...who knows...maybe you are correct...having great speed does not tell the whole story...but Edwards does not have just great speed...he's the total package. Maybe Williams is the better football player...you maybe right...Saban is the one making the decision...no me or you...and we know that Saban looks for football players...so maybe we do take Williams.

Go Fins!!!

Oboy said:
That last sentence is probably closest to the truth. Neither one will disappoint. I was actually impressed that Williams ran a 4.6 when he was not prepared to run at all (heck he borrowed someone else's shoes!). I think if he runs a 4.5 or better at his individual workout he will pass Edwards on most boards. .1 seconds is not that big of a difference.

C`mon.....Williams wasn't prepared to run?

What the hell else has he been doing for the last year?

If the guy went to the NFL combine and DIDNT take his shoes......:)

Thats just plain stupid!

The corners Williams faced in the Pac-10 arent even the "elite" in terms of college football. Aside from USC, the Pac 10 is not and has not been very good.

In the NFL the corners are bigger, stronger and faster then 99% of the corners Williams has faced.

At that point, quickness, explosion and pure speed do come into play.

The difference between a guy that runs a 4.7 or the guy that runs the 4.4 becomes huge in terms of getting "separation".

Look at how many good college corners today ran a 4.6, and look at how many are going to be "automatically moved to safety".

All of them.

I'll take either.

Back
Top Bottom