Braylon Edwards vs Mike Williams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards vs Mike Williams

People right now are so emamored by Edwards because of his 40 time. Williams has enough "football speed" to get the job done. He'll destroy people in the red zone with his strength, size and hands. Williams, in my opinion, will be a monster in the NFL. Edwards will be more like other Wolverines, namely Terrell, Howard and the like.

They both have mad skills.

The only thing I'm worried about is whether Williams can get seperation from the CB's in the league. He relied on his size and strength to muscle DB's. It's not as easy to do that in this league.

I would take Mike Williams over Braylon Edwards in a heartbeat. I thought Williams should've been reinstated but the NCAA is a joke. Mike Williams IMO was the best WR in last year's draft before he was declared ineligible, probably the 3rd best WR in the draft atleast behind Roy Williams and Larry Fitz, I don't even know if Braylon Edwards would've been a 1st rd pick last year had he come out.

wonderl33t said:
my bad I thought he was shorter. He plays like a small WR

Have you ever seen him play? I have never heard him described like that, ever. Keyshawn uses his body as well as anyone since Michael Irvin and Herman Moore.

Mike Williams, hands down.
I say he is the rookie of the year.
I had the pleasure of watching this guy in person for two years.
He is unbelievable.

anyone have a hightlight vid?

If mike? Iv seen bit and peaces but anyone have A vid of him? Thanks

kbeath said:
WHAT COIN YOU FLIPPIN?!?!?!?!?
We are comparing the 1st 2 years Mike Williams has him by 1400yds!!!!!
Come on people 2579 yds in 2 seasons as a fresh. and soph. and 30Tds come on slow WTF people like NJfinfan should be banned for ignorance. Keyshawn cannot even come close to those #s!!!

The Pac 10 isn't as competitive as the Big 10.(inflated numbers)

In addition, is the fact that there are defensive lineman that ran the 40 as fast as Mike Williams did.

I WOULD BE ECSTATIC if we drafted Mike Williams.

But Braylon is certainly every bit the player Williams is.

By the way, NJFinFan is one of the more respected posters on here.(he should be banned?)

I hope your carrying a big stick.

HVACservice said:
The Pac 10 isn't as competitive as the Big 10.(inflated numbers)

In addition, is the fact that there are defensive lineman that ran the 40 as fast as Mike Williams did.

I WOULD BE ECSTATIC if we drafted Mike Williams.

But Braylon is certainly every bit the player Williams is.

By the way, NJFinFan is one of the more respected posters on here.(he should be banned?)

I hope your carrying a big stick.

:wink:

Hostile7 said:
I liked the Holt comparison. This Harrison one doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

And Williams is a poor mans TO.
no body is a poor mans anything if you take them with the #2 pick:lol:

It's a tough call, but WR M. Williams will prove to be superior.....

He's the BPA at #2 in this draft. No player will have more impact than Williams in my opinion. Comparing him to Gadsden or Johnson is an insult..... :shakeno:

PHINZ RULE!!! :evil:

HVACservice said:
I think Edwards is more polished, a better route runner and is certainly faster.

I think Williams has the better hands and would make a for a terror in the red zone.

I dont think you can lose by picking either guy.
That last sentence is probably closest to the truth. Neither one will disappoint. I was actually impressed that Williams ran a 4.6 when he was not prepared to run at all (heck he borrowed someone else's shoes!). I think if he runs a 4.5 or better at his individual workout he will pass Edwards on most boards. .1 seconds is not that big of a difference.

LOL you edwards people, especially you Phin Phan..haha you must not be able to see everything from canada... i am going to raise hell on this board next january after williams has a better season.... Mike Williams is the LeBron James of Football. the fact that edwards only thing on williams is his 40 time and you guys think it makes him better than williams really makes me question every one of your football knowledge... PURE ignorance.

Last time i checked, Jerry Rice is considered the best wide receiver of all time.... what was his 40 time? not very good... Jerry always has had average speed, but he could seperate from the DBs and he caught everything which made him the best. I will tell you FIRST HAND that getting seperation has NOTHING to do with a 40 time. ABSOLUTELY nothing. I watched Edwards and yes he is good, and could be very good in the league, but williams has the god given talent and tools to be the best receiver ever.

Back
Top Bottom