Braylon Edwards wants to play for Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards wants to play for Dolphins

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/10821630.htm

Michigan wide receiver Braylon Edwards said this week that he wants to play for the Dolphins, which have the No. 2 pick in April's draft. Edwards finished his college career as the most prolific wide receiver in Wolverines' history.

"I guarantee you one thing: If I get signed there, we won't go 4-12," Edwards told WAXY-AM's Talk 790 The Ticket. "Especially with Nick Saban, he's a great coach and you have so much talent on the team already. It just needed a different scheme. I talked to Chris Chambers and he is a real nice guy. There's too much talent on the team to be 4-12."

I know the chances of selecting Edwards is slim to none, but it is nice to see the list of players that want to play for Miami keep growing. People can call the Miami Dolphins bottom feeders and make fun of us by refering to us as the new Bengals or Cardinals, but the fact is unlike those cities, we can still attract the good players. Signs keep pointing to a bright future.

Man, now it seems like that almost every player wants to play for us :D

If we don't keep Boston and we pickup a RB in free agency then I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Edwards. Of course he's probably just saying that because he knows the 49ers won't draft him and he doesn't want to fall too far.

Edwards just wants the money. The higher you are picked the more you are paid. Ask him a question about SF and he will say the same thing.

MikeO said:
Edwards just wants the money. The higher you are picked the more you are paid. Ask him a question about SF and he will say the same thing.
That was my first thought as well.

MikeO said:

I herd the interview, and he said he would play anywhere, but one of his preferences would be to play for Saban. He also mentioned the warmth.

But the interview went further. This kid has a good head on his shoulders. He mentions over and over about watching film, and being early for work so he can adapt quickly to whatever system he will play in.

He sold me on the fact that whomever picks him will be very happy, barring injuries.

X-Con said:
If asked about the Niners, this is exactly what you'd hear:

"I guarantee you one thing: If I get signed there, we won't go 2-14," Edwards told WAXY-AM's Talk 790 The Ticket. "Especially with Mike Nolan, he's a great coach and you have so much talent on the team already. It just needed a different scheme. I talked to Rashaun Woods and he is a real nice guy. There's too much talent on the team to be 2-14."

By the sound on the interview, he knew quite a lot about the Dolphins, and their players.

But one thing he would not say, or could not say with a straight faced lie, and that's the part about "there's too much talent in SF".

Nublar7 said:

I know the chances of selecting Edwards is slim to none, but it is nice to see the list of players that want to play for Miami keep growing. People can call the Miami Dolphins bottom feeders and make fun of us by refering to us as the new Bengals or Cardinals, but the fact is unlike those cities, we can still attract the good players. Signs keep pointing to a bright future.
I wouldn't say that, Edwards may emerge as one of the top four prospects on the board. The guy is a stallion.

Boston's status is very shaky and without him we have a lot of possession receivers on this squad.

If we make the mistake of taking a WR with the first pick, hopefully we take Mike Williams over Edwards. It wont happen though, he just sees dollar signs.

We are not going to waste a draftpick on a WR! Chambers, Booker, Boston that is enough! it would be a solid pass attack if feeley gets into his game or even better trade Drew Brees for Pat. use our draft picck on David Pollack. Since we lost ogunlaye(sorry about the spelling) we have had no one to fill in for him

Nublar7 said:

Nice read. Thanks.

IMO...who wouldn't want to play in Miami. You are going to get paid enough $$$ to live like a king. Great weather, great tradition, South Beach scene, cruises, no state income tax...just about anyone would love that.

Also, IMO, no way we draft Braylon Edwards at #2 overall. Now if we trade down with San Diego or Dallas and he is available at #11 or #12, hmmmmm...

Back
Top Bottom