Braylon Edwards wants to play for Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards wants to play for Dolphins

who doesnt want to be on the miami dolphins :goof:

When was the last time Miami had a Pro Bowl wide receiver?

I think Boston has a 50/50 chance of actually playing a single down next year. People put way to much stock in having him on the roster.

And without him our receiving core is average at best.

I think if there was ever a draft that you simply select the BPA....

This is it.

HVACservice said:
When was the last time Miami had a Pro Bowl wide receiver?

I think Boston has a 50/50 chance of actually playing a single down next year. People put way to much stock in having him on the roster.

And without him our receiving core is average at best.

I think if there was ever a draft that you simply select the BPA....

This is it.
I want us to draft braylon, maybe hes the next moss without an attitude :goof:

I think it all depends on what path Saban is on. If he wants a winning record in 2005 more than he wants long term success then he may concentrate on need instead of talent. However, if he looks at the big picture and accepts the fact that it will take more than 1 year to get the Phins back on track then he will go after the best player available, whether that player is a WR, QB, LB, RB, or whatever.
From what Ive heard Saban say, I think he is on the long term path so it wouldnt surprise me at all to see him draft Williams or Edwards. Dont forget though that Derrick Johnson is pretty good too.

If he's the top rated player on Miami's board, then he's the player they should take.

A team should always draft the highest rated player, regardless of need, if he is rated significantly higher than everybody else. However, if the player ratings are close then you should draft the higher value position or need. I like Williams and Edwards, but wr isn't a high value position. (High value positions = positions that are difficult to fill elsewhere in the draft or thru FA) High value positions include QB, LT, DT, DE, and CB. So Miami should draft Williams or Edwards only if they have either player rated significantly above Rodgers, Smith, Barron, Cody, Spears, Rolle, etc. (These aren't all players I have rated above them, just high rated players at high value positions.)

korl68 said:
Drafting the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE could mean taking ANYONE and that would NOT be a mistake.

Since when does taking a lesser rated player at a need position over a higher rated player at a strength position a MISTAKE???

Guys this is how Miami has gotten into this mess.

Examples of past players picked in the first or second round to fill a need:

Jackie Shipp
Jay Brophy
Eddie Blake
Lorenzo Hampton
John Bosa
Eric Kumerow
Randall Hill
Billy Milner
Andrew Greene
John Avery
JJ Johnson

How do you not know those weren't considered BPAs? John Avery wasn't even to fill a need, he was considered a BPA.

KB21 said:
If he's the top rated player on Miami's board, then he's the player they should take.

Exactly. I believe in the BPA also. A stud is a stud, and Braylon is a stud. I watched him take over games...just take them over.

oh and Mike Williams is a lot slower, we don't need him, he is just a worse Marty Booker.

Edwards has it all. I am not saying that we will draft him, just saying that I agree wtih KB21. The best scenario would be a trade down for more picks though.

Drfletcherdc said:
I think with a pick that high we need to get an impact player. If our running back situation is filled with free agency, then we need to look at Williams or Edwards. I'm just hoping the Williams isn't another Keyshawn, a big possesion receiver. I want to know their speeds.
I am not sure about Edward's speed, but Williams really is not that fast, he is just big and strong. The reason he went to USC in the first place is because the 3 Florida schools would have played him at TE, and he wanted to play WR.

Edwards is faster then Williams he is great at making people miss as well as running with the football a little like TO. Plus he can jump and make the grab like Moss. I saw him catch so many WR screens and then run it for at least 8-9 yards on average after making the first player miss. He gets to the first down marker quick and is long and good at going under the tackler to strech for the extra two-three yards because of his length

MikeO said:
Edwards just wants the money. The higher you are picked the more you are paid. Ask him a question about SF and he will say the same thing.
It's obvious he wants money, name one player who doesn't? But he's already talking to players (Chambers) and giving Saban and the team props. If you asked him the same question about SF, you honestly believe he would say the same thing about Nolan, and that team? Give me a break.

I'm not on his bandwagon, I personally think Miami shouldn't draft him.

Why do I keep reading, "We don't need a WR".....

Newsflash : YES WE DO....

Isn't it about time we stopped screwing around, always waiting for guys like Boston / Thompson to step up and give Chambers a respectable counterpart???...

Well, M. Williams or B. Edwards would be more than just a respectable counterpart. In fact, if you team one of them up with Chambers, you got two potential Pro Bowlers, with deep speed and great hands....

Anyone who's worried about getting value at #2???...Well, there it is....

PHINZ RULE!!! :evil:

You never have enough good receivers...and with the cap as it is, with questions about Boston....seem's the selection of B. Edwards would be a smart move. He's easily a top 5 pick in the draft and it opens the possiblity of the Dolphins dropping down a couple slots to aquire him and another pick...maybe with Tampa? If the Dolphins trade Surtain for Shelton and a pick....that pick could be used for a running back...D.T. or any obvious other need for the Dolphins. Having Edwards across from Chambers....would be a better choice than say Booker or Thompson. We have to figure at least one of them will be cut or traded.

Back
Top Bottom