Braylon Edwards wants to play for Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards wants to play for Dolphins

Edwards just wants the money. The higher you are picked the more you are paid. Ask him a question about SF and he will say the same thing.

Or maybe he's not the greedy monster some of you people think he is, an he actually wouldn't mind playing in Miami. Just because you're a player doesn't mean you don't have preferences.

Braylon Edwards is a beast. He changed games by himself this year at Michigan. If we can get a RB in free-agency, we have to take a hard look at this guy. Sometimes you draft to your strengths. That's how you create dominant corps of players. I'm not jumping up and down screaming "take him at #2", but he would NOT be a wasted pick. With the #2 pick, we have to hit a home run. Braylon Edwards would be a home run.

Bopkin02 said:
Braylon Edwards is a beast. He changed games by himself this year at Michigan. If we can get a RB in free-agency, we have to take a hard look at this guy. Sometimes you draft to your strengths. That's how you create dominant corps of players. I'm not jumping up and down screaming "take him at #2", but he would NOT be a wasted pick. With the #2 pick, we have to hit a home run. Braylon Edwards would be a home run.

Mike Williams > Braylon Edwards...IMO.

SABA-TOOTH said:
edwards and williams will be pro-bowlers, but we dont need em'

ahhhhhhk, the classic contradiction!

well, I would think that if you get a RB in free agency, that WR would be the next thing to look at #2 or....god forbid, a QB that ends up being a bust.

Its time to take along hard look at Mike williams and Braylon Edwards.

I think with a pick that high we need to get an impact player. If our running back situation is filled with free agency, then we need to look at Williams or Edwards. I'm just hoping the Williams isn't another Keyshawn, a big possesion receiver. I want to know their speeds.

That would be sooooooooooo sweet for me being a Michigan fan Edwards is one of my all time favorite players and for him to say that and give props to my fins makes me like him more. Only problem is we dont need a WR but he could still be the best talent in the draft so should we pass up great talent to fill other needs. We could draft a position we need and they could be a flop while Edwards will be no flop and that i can guarentee

"I guarantee you one thing: If I get signed there, we won't go 4-12," Edwards told WAXY-AM's Talk 790 The Ticket. "Especially with Nick Saban, he's a great coach and you have so much talent on the team already.
Thanks for the article, Nublar7. I think that his guarantee is a pretty safe one. Regardless of who we sign, I guarantee that we won't go 4-7 next year. :)

finfan54 said:
well, I would think that if you get a RB in free agency, that WR would be the next thing to look at #2 or....god forbid, a QB that ends up being a bust.
Or..............is it possible for the third time in three straight tries the Dolphins draft a hall of fame QB in the first round?

Or ...........god forbid, another bust RB in the first like Sammie Smith, Lorenzo Hampton, or John Avery.

Anything is possible.

CashInFist said:
Mike Williams > Braylon Edwards...IMO.
Wrong your way way off. If anything they are about equal but Mike didnt play all season while Edwards improved his game and became a much better player then in the past.

Drafting the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE could mean taking ANYONE and that would NOT be a mistake.

Since when does taking a lesser rated player at a need position over a higher rated player at a strength position a MISTAKE???

Guys this is how Miami has gotten into this mess.

Examples of past players picked in the first or second round to fill a need:

Jackie Shipp
Jay Brophy
Eddie Blake
Lorenzo Hampton
John Bosa
Eric Kumerow
Randall Hill
Billy Milner
Andrew Greene
John Avery
JJ Johnson

korl68 said:
Drafting the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE could mean taking ANYONE and that would NOT be a mistake.

Since when does taking a lesser rated player at a need position over a higher rated at a strength position a MISTAKE???

Guys this is how Miami has gotten into this mess we are in now anyway.

Examples of past players picked in the first or second round to fill a need:

Jackie Shipp
Jay Brophy
Eddie Blake
Lorenzo Hampton
John Bosa
Eric Kumerow
Randall Hill
Billy Milner
Andrew Greene
John Avery
JJ Johnson
Exactly Korl, you are a wise man..................:D

I think its a little unfair to jump on Edwards for wanting to improve his draft position. Its not selfish to want to be picked higher. He's saying the right things which to me says hes smart, not something Id criticize him for. Look at some of the other teams picking high, Cleveland, SF, AZ(they have 2 young Wrs so that would be a total shock if he went there), Chicago, Miami etc. Which team out of all of those would u lobby to go to? Yea he's trying to improve his draft position, what person wouldnt? Personally Im not opposed to taking a Wr at all. Chambers is probaly better suited for the #2 Wr role and after Chambers our Wr roster is pretty pedistrian. Edwards, Chambers and Booker would be top notch-one of the best Wr sets in football. Im not saying we have to or should get a Wr at #2 but if we did I wouldnt mind it.
Feeley needs a lot of talent around him, hes not a franchise type Qb. We are probaly going to have to get a Rb or Wr with the #2 if we stay put.

Nublar7 said:
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/10821630.htm

I know the chances of selecting Edwards is slim to none, but it is nice to see the list of players that want to play for Miami keep growing. People can call the Miami Dolphins bottom feeders and make fun of us by refering to us as the new Bengals or Cardinals, but the fact is unlike those cities, we can still attract the good players. Signs keep pointing to a bright future.
actually our needs say we dont need edwards but no one knows what saban will do...we might pull a fast one trade booker for a second round pick or a late first and then grab edwards...we all have no clue!

Back
Top Bottom