Braylon Edwards? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards?

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Braylon Edwards revealed this morning that the San Francisco 49ers have waived him.

I was released today by the 49ers due to my injury that required more time to rehab and hasn’t allowed me to re-sync with the offense,” Edwards wrote in a statement on his web site. “I wish the 49ers organization the best of luck during the Playoffs. I will be working hard this off season to strengthen my knee and prepare for the 2012 season. Thanks for your continued support and for being such loyal fans.”

If anyone wants Edwards for Week 17 or the playoffs, he’s now available to any team that puts in a waiver claim. His statement suggests, however, that he doesn’t plan on playing until 2012 — when the free agent market for him will not be hot.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/27/49ers-waive-braylon-edwards/

He's a cautionary tale...another Roy Williams (former WR of the Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys...now with the Bears). Didn't like him when he came out of Michigan and I still don't like him.

He's a cautionary tale...another Roy Williams (former WR of the Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys...now with the Bears). Didn't like him when he came out of Michigan and I still don't like him.

He rubs me the wrong way as well, but it's hard to iignore talent. I don't know what his major malfunction was in SF, but he must have been doing something wrong besides the injury. Edwards and Marshall out wide is a compelling possibility to me, but the thought of Marshall AND Edwards dropping a bunch of passes is maddening as well. Still, if I were the Dolphins FO I'd at least look into it. Beats another Cowboys OL reject.

A lot of times a talented player will go to a team where he just doesn't fit in, he isn't well liked, he gets hampered by injuries (or a combination of all 3) and he just doesn't work out. I think that this is what happened to Edwards in SF. I'm not saying we should sign him now, but in the off season we would be remiss not to at least look to bring him in for a year... I seem to remember him torching us a few times when he was in NY.

If we claim him, is he under contract for 2012? Or would we have to sign him to an extension?

A lot of times a talented player will go to a team where he just doesn't fit in, he isn't well liked, he gets hampered by injuries (or a combination of all 3) and he just doesn't work out. I think that this is what happened to Edwards in SF. I'm not saying we should sign him now, but in the off season we would be remiss not to at least look to bring him in for a year... I seem to remember him torching us a few times when he was in NY.

He's been on 3 teams and all of them have gotten rid of him one way or another. I think at this point it's the player not the team.

Funny how people complain about Marshall's drops but fail to realize that Edwards drops more balls than Marshall.

People want "Hands of Stone"? Don't we already have a WR that drop passes and have off field issues? Can't have 2 of those on one team....PASS!!

He's been on 3 teams and all of them have gotten rid of him one way or another. I think at this point it's the player not the team.

Too many uneducated fans here. They always clamor for the name and ESPN highlight reel player. Eventually someone's track record should speak for itself, but NOT here. You hit it on the head though. Winner winner Chicken Dinner.

Back
Top Bottom