Braylon Edwards?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jim1, Dec 27, 2011.

1. jim1

jim1 Pro Bowler

Braylon Edwards revealed this morning that the San Francisco 49ers have waived him.

I was released today by the 49ers due to my injury that required more time to rehab and hasn’t allowed me to re-sync with the offense,” Edwards wrote in a statement on his web site. “I wish the 49ers organization the best of luck during the Playoffs. I will be working hard this off season to strengthen my knee and prepare for the 2012 season. Thanks for your continued support and for being such loyal fans.”

If anyone wants Edwards for Week 17 or the playoffs, he’s now available to any team that puts in a waiver claim. His statement suggests, however, that he doesn’t plan on playing until 2012 — when the free agent market for him will not be hot.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/27/49ers-waive-braylon-edwards/

2. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

He's a cautionary tale...another Roy Williams (former WR of the Detroit Lions and Dallas Cowboys...now with the Bears). Didn't like him when he came out of Michigan and I still don't like him.

3. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

He gets waived from a 12-3 team. Sucks to be him

4. jim1

jim1 Pro Bowler

He rubs me the wrong way as well, but it's hard to iignore talent. I don't know what his major malfunction was in SF, but he must have been doing something wrong besides the injury. Edwards and Marshall out wide is a compelling possibility to me, but the thought of Marshall AND Edwards dropping a bunch of passes is maddening as well. Still, if I were the Dolphins FO I'd at least look into it. Beats another Cowboys OL reject.

5. Protein

Protein Member Donator

pick him up NOW

6. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

take him... rehab him... at minimum.

7. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

A lot of times a talented player will go to a team where he just doesn't fit in, he isn't well liked, he gets hampered by injuries (or a combination of all 3) and he just doesn't work out. I think that this is what happened to Edwards in SF. I'm not saying we should sign him now, but in the off season we would be remiss not to at least look to bring him in for a year... I seem to remember him torching us a few times when he was in NY.

8. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

The Browns could use some WR help lol

9. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

If we claim him, is he under contract for 2012? Or would we have to sign him to an extension?

10. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

He's been on 3 teams and all of them have gotten rid of him one way or another. I think at this point it's the player not the team.

11. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Funny how people complain about Marshall's drops but fail to realize that Edwards drops more balls than Marshall.

12. Taysia

Taysia DJ Teknision

People want "Hands of Stone"? Don't we already have a WR that drop passes and have off field issues? Can't have 2 of those on one team....PASS!!

13. jim1

jim1 Pro Bowler

Who failed to realize that?

14. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Too many uneducated fans here. They always clamor for the name and ESPN highlight reel player. Eventually someone's track record should speak for itself, but NOT here. You hit it on the head though. Winner winner Chicken Dinner.

15. hoops

hoops exited stage left

how bout no

16. moley

moley Well-Known Member

does this mean ted ginn gets more snaps for them?? if so man he must suck!

17. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Donator

There is a reason this loser keeps being let go.

18. jim1

jim1 Pro Bowler

"Uneducated" might be defined as not looking in to signing a very talented, fast WR with size who has made big plays to defeat the Dolphins in the past. Of course he comes with all sorts of caveats- he's ben sent packing 3 times, and as they say- when there's smoke there's usually fire. The question is, on a team that could use some playmakers for sure, is it worth taking a chance with very little risk attached? If he's sure to be a locker room cancer, then probably not. His hands are a concern. But he's a talent with speed and size- he was drafted #3 overall for a reason- granted that wasn't a great top 10 that draft. The Pats took a low risk chance on Randy Moss, and that worked out pretty well for a few years. I guess that Bill Bellichick was "uneducated" as well.

19. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

I'd honestly rather have Brian Hartline than this clown.

20. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

21. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

Braylon Edwards, Career: 99 G, 39 TD, 341 Rec, 15.6 Y/R, ProBowl, Browns/Jets/.. 2005-2011.

Brandon Marshall, Career: 90 G, 34 TD, 490 Rec, 12.7 Y/R, 2xProBowl, Broncos/Dolphins 2006-2011.

22. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

3 time loser?

23. DolfanDuBbZ~

Moss Then was let go midseason, picked up by the Vikings, let go again and was finally picked up again by the Titans. Then was sent into retirement due to his HISTORY catching up to him. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Now you can sit here and act like you are in the know, but the fact remains, the Jets let him walk, for a guy who was sitting in a jail cell for a few years. Then he heads off to SF and let go again......so while you want the bum. Most teams see him for what he is....a cancer.

And in a league that values PLAYMAKERS, those that carry a scarlett letter that is earned through years of history. Its a wonder most don't understand the talent isn't worth the headache.

So sit here and advocate for a guy who was let go for a guy who spent 2years in jail. No skin off my back, just shows the shallowness in your theory of what would make MIA better.

BTW, is this the same BB that traded for Haynesworth and NachoStinko? BB doesn't walk on water. And the guy does make mistakes. Once Moss started acting like the ***** he is, he was sent packing.

24. jim1

jim1 Pro Bowler

Uh... it seems as if you are the "uneducated" one indeed. As to your historical revisionism, your quote:

"Moss Then was let go midseason, picked up by the Vikings, let go again and was finally picked up again by the Titans. Then was sent into retirement due to his HISTORY catching up to him."

Well, the truth is that Moss was sent packing in his fourth year, you failed to mention how the first three years went. Let's take a look:

2007 98 rec 1493 yds 23 TD

2008 69 rec 1008 yds 11 TD

2009 83 rec 1264 yds 13 TD

That's not nearly as bad an acquisition as you made it out to be, is it?

As to this gem: "Now you can sit here and act like you are in the know"- maybe you should take anothger look at my comments and thread title- "Braylon Edwards?" Note the question mark, as in maybe a good idea, maybe not.

25. DolfanDuBbZ~

Yes Moss had 3 productive years. It all equaled a hill of beans when all was said and done. Once he started up with his 'old' ways, he was sent packing to retirement.

And then you left out your comment about BB. Well is this the same BB you speak of, that traded for Haynesworth this year? How did that work out? The guy doesn't walk on water. So throwing out BB to prove a point is silly.

Fact is you argued for Edwards. While I completely and absolutely oppose such a stupid move. The guy no matter how talented you think he is, isn't worth the aggravation. Let sleeping dogs lie.

26. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Ask yourself why would a 12-3 team waive him? Locker room cancer??......YEPPPPPPP!!!!

27. PJack

PJack A True Fan

Hit the nail on the head. If we had strong coach and player leadership I'd say it'd be worth a shot. Currently not the case. Could see the Pats taking a run, as they turned around Moss, though it hasn't worked with 85.

28. DolfanDuBbZ~

My point being, that once things go wrong with players, who have a history of 'attitude' problems, they end up going back to who they really are. Their character may change while things are good, but eventually they end up being who they are once things don't fit into their idea of how the world should function. It took Moss 3+ years, but he fell back to who he is/was, a baby.

And for all the love the patriots and BB get for projects. That storyline took a hit this year with Nacho and Haynesworthless.

29. insomnia411

Yeah I am very much not an uneducated fan, but I do seem to remember a bunch of jerks with sour grapes on this board throwing salt on the Jets gettin Edwards for a bag of practice balls before he went out and smoked our secondary in his Jet debut. I also seem to remember Edwards being an integral part of a Jets team that probably would have won 1 super bowl if they had a half decent qb.
    I'm not saying that Edwards is a superstar, but to be able to line up a healthy Braylon Edwards on the other side of Marshall is a scary thought for defenses, especially since the guy would come so cheap. He's a good deep threat at the very least, you should hear the jets fans up here cry about how much they miss him. Does anybody remember the TD he scored against the Colts in the playoffs last year carrying defenders? The dude can play.

30. MiamiDolfan85

MiamiDolfan85 DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY

still....no

31. The Confessor

The Confessor Doesnt play well with others

I'd rather have Turdell than this jackwagon.

Hell, I'd rather have Jerry Rice, at this stage of his career than Crayon.

It's not like he was ever that good to begin with. Throw in his legal battles, his incredibly crappy attitude, a pretty serious injury....... No thanks!!!!

32. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Last year I was onboard with signing Edwards. Now no something is wrong the Jets let him go 2 years after trading picks for him and now San Fran cuts him while hurt. Why? Was he being lazy, not rehabing, causing problems? Great talent ! 5 cent head I say pass!

33. The Confessor

I personally think you are being VERY generous in regards to the bolded part :up:

34. DolfanDuBbZ~

He can play alright. Yet he finds himself in 2012 looking for another place to call home. He went to SF on a cheap contract basis, and still couldn't make it through the year. Red Flags everywhere.

Keep living in the past. Terrel Owens is. So is Nacho Stinko. Both are a shell of what they were.

And people in NY, stood by their Sanchita, until this year.

Edwards isn't worth the bag of balls he is now worth. Not in the locker room, not on the field.

35. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

Could we claim him, put him on injured reserve, let him leave as a free agent, and then collect a compesatory draft pick?

36. The Confessor

Guys, for a little perspective.

Crayon was being outplayed by Ted Freakin Ginn. (19 for 220 compared to 15 for 181). Hell Kendall Hunter (An RB) has 14 for 184.

37. insomnia411

Ok that's fine, but again, I'm not suggesting that we mortgage the future on him or rely on him in any large role. We take a flyer on him and if it works out it pays huge dividends, if not we lose basically nothing and move on with our lives. He's never been a TO style locker room cancer to the point where he has dragged a team down. You can't tell me that he has.

38. The Confessor

Once again, he has been outplayed by Ted Ginn of all people.

I think there are other players in the league that would be much more worthy of taking a flyer on than this asshat.

39. abNORMal

abNORMal A True Fan

I like the receivers we have....The WR position is not the problem with this team. No need to add Braylon.

40. insomnia411

At WR?? Like who? If you don't think that we have a need there then I don't know what to tell u. Bess has disappeared this year while Hartline is a good #3 and Marshall leads the league in drops. If we don't have a need there then I'd like to see a team that does.