Braylon Edwards? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards?

does this mean ted ginn gets more snaps for them?? if so man he must suck!

There is a reason this loser keeps being let go.

Too many uneducated fans here. They always clamor for the name and ESPN highlight reel player. Eventually someone's track record should speak for itself, but NOT here. You hit it on the head though. Winner winner Chicken Dinner.

"Uneducated" might be defined as not looking in to signing a very talented, fast WR with size who has made big plays to defeat the Dolphins in the past. Of course he comes with all sorts of caveats- he's ben sent packing 3 times, and as they say- when there's smoke there's usually fire. The question is, on a team that could use some playmakers for sure, is it worth taking a chance with very little risk attached? If he's sure to be a locker room cancer, then probably not. His hands are a concern. But he's a talent with speed and size- he was drafted #3 overall for a reason- granted that wasn't a great top 10 that draft. The Pats took a low risk chance on Randy Moss, and that worked out pretty well for a few years. I guess that Bill Bellichick was "uneducated" as well.

Braylon Edwards, Career: 99 G, 39 TD, 341 Rec, 15.6 Y/R, ProBowl, Browns/Jets/.. 2005-2011.

Brandon Marshall, Career: 90 G, 34 TD, 490 Rec, 12.7 Y/R, 2xProBowl, Broncos/Dolphins 2006-2011.

"Uneducated" might be defined as not looking in to signing a very talented, fast WR with size who has made big plays to defeat the Dolphins in the past. Of course he comes with all sorts of caveats- he's ben sent packing 3 times, and as they say- when there's smoke there's usually fire. The question is, on a team that could use some playmakers for sure, is it worth taking a chance with very little risk attached? If he's sure to be a locker room cancer, then probably not. His hands are a concern. But he's a talent with speed and size- he was drafted #3 overall for a reason- granted that wasn't a great top 10 that draft. The Pats took a low risk chance on Randy Moss, and that worked out pretty well for a few years. I guess that Bill Bellichick was "uneducated" as well.

Moss Then was let go midseason, picked up by the Vikings, let go again and was finally picked up again by the Titans. Then was sent into retirement due to his HISTORY catching up to him. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Now you can sit here and act like you are in the know, but the fact remains, the Jets let him walk, for a guy who was sitting in a jail cell for a few years. Then he heads off to SF and let go again......so while you want the bum. Most teams see him for what he is....a cancer.

And in a league that values PLAYMAKERS, those that carry a scarlett letter that is earned through years of history. Its a wonder most don't understand the talent isn't worth the headache.

So sit here and advocate for a guy who was let go for a guy who spent 2years in jail. No skin off my back, just shows the shallowness in your theory of what would make MIA better.

BTW, is this the same BB that traded for Haynesworth and NachoStinko? BB doesn't walk on water. And the guy does make mistakes. Once Moss started acting like the ***** he is, he was sent packing.

Moss Then was let go midseason, picked up by the Vikings, let go again and was finally picked up again by the Titans. Then was sent into retirement due to his HISTORY catching up to him. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Now you can sit here and act like you are in the know
, but the fact remains, the Jets let him walk, for a guy who was sitting in a jail cell for a few years. Then he heads off to SF and let go again......so while you want the bum. Most teams see him for what he is....a cancer.

And in a league that values PLAYMAKERS, those that carry a scarlett letter that is earned through years of history. Its a wonder most don't understand the talent isn't worth the headache.

So sit here and advocate for a guy who was let go for a guy who spent 2years in jail. No skin off my back, just shows the shallowness in your theory of what would make MIA better.

BTW, is this the same BB that traded for Haynesworth and NachoStinko? BB doesn't walk on water. And the guy does make mistakes. Once Moss started acting like the ***** he is, he was sent packing.

Uh... it seems as if you are the "uneducated" one indeed. As to your historical revisionism, your quote:

"Moss Then was let go midseason, picked up by the Vikings, let go again and was finally picked up again by the Titans. Then was sent into retirement due to his HISTORY catching up to him."

Well, the truth is that Moss was sent packing in his fourth year, you failed to mention how the first three years went. Let's take a look:

2007 98 rec 1493 yds 23 TD

2008 69 rec 1008 yds 11 TD

2009 83 rec 1264 yds 13 TD

That's not nearly as bad an acquisition as you made it out to be, is it?

As to this gem: "Now you can sit here and act like you are in the know"- maybe you should take anothger look at my comments and thread title- "Braylon Edwards?" Note the question mark, as in maybe a good idea, maybe not.

Uh... it seems as if you are the "uneducated" one indeed. As to your historical revisionism, your quote:

"Moss Then was let go midseason, picked up by the Vikings, let go again and was finally picked up again by the Titans. Then was sent into retirement due to his HISTORY catching up to him."

Well, the truth is that Moss was sent packing in his fourth year, you failed to mention how the first three years went. Let's take a look:

2007 98 rec 1493 yds 23 TD

2008 69 rec 1008 yds 11 TD

2009 83 rec 1264 yds 13 TD

That's not nearly as bad an acquisition as you made it out to be, is it?

As to this gem: "Now you can sit here and act like you are in the know"- maybe you should take anothger look at my comments and thread title- "Braylon Edwards?" Note the question mark, as in maybe a good idea, maybe not.

Yes Moss had 3 productive years. It all equaled a hill of beans when all was said and done. Once he started up with his 'old' ways, he was sent packing to retirement.

And then you left out your comment about BB. Well is this the same BB you speak of, that traded for Haynesworth this year? How did that work out? The guy doesn't walk on water. So throwing out BB to prove a point is silly.

Fact is you argued for Edwards. While I completely and absolutely oppose such a stupid move. The guy no matter how talented you think he is, isn't worth the aggravation. Let sleeping dogs lie.

Ask yourself why would a 12-3 team waive him? Locker room cancer??......YEPPPPPPP!!!!

He's been on 3 teams and all of them have gotten rid of him one way or another. I think at this point it's the player not the team.

Hit the nail on the head. If we had strong coach and player leadership I'd say it'd be worth a shot. Currently not the case. Could see the Pats taking a run, as they turned around Moss, though it hasn't worked with 85.

Hit the nail on the head. If we had strong coach and player leadership I'd say it'd be worth a shot. Currently not the case. Could see the Pats taking a run, as they turned around Moss, though it hasn't worked with 85.

My point being, that once things go wrong with players, who have a history of 'attitude' problems, they end up going back to who they really are. Their character may change while things are good, but eventually they end up being who they are once things don't fit into their idea of how the world should function. It took Moss 3+ years, but he fell back to who he is/was, a baby.

And for all the love the patriots and BB get for projects. That storyline took a hit this year with Nacho and Haynesworthless.

Too many uneducated fans here. They always clamor for the name and ESPN highlight reel player. Eventually someone's track record should speak for itself, but NOT here. You hit it on the head though. Winner winner Chicken Dinner.

Yeah I am very much not an uneducated fan, but I do seem to remember a bunch of jerks with sour grapes on this board throwing salt on the Jets gettin Edwards for a bag of practice balls before he went out and smoked our secondary in his Jet debut. I also seem to remember Edwards being an integral part of a Jets team that probably would have won 1 super bowl if they had a half decent qb.
I'm not saying that Edwards is a superstar, but to be able to line up a healthy Braylon Edwards on the other side of Marshall is a scary thought for defenses, especially since the guy would come so cheap. He's a good deep threat at the very least, you should hear the jets fans up here cry about how much they miss him. Does anybody remember the TD he scored against the Colts in the playoffs last year carrying defenders? The dude can play.

Braylon Edwards, Career: 99 G, 39 TD, 341 Rec, 15.6 Y/R, ProBowl, Browns/Jets/.. 2005-2011.

Brandon Marshall, Career: 90 G, 34 TD, 490 Rec, 12.7 Y/R, 2xProBowl, Broncos/Dolphins 2006-2011.
still....no

Back
Top Bottom