BREAKING: Dion Jordan signs! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING: Dion Jordan signs!

Fantastic News. So much for the offset language being a problem? Gotta love Aponte and Ireland doing their thing with the new CBA and how contracts are now structured. I just hope Jordan can make up for lost time and get acclimated to the system quick enough to be a factor this season.

Kudos to the dude. Hopefully he is practicing soon and not spending all of TC in a sling

looks pretty healthy to me Travis :idk:

Good signing by the front office. i like the offset language stuff. You buy a new car you get insurance even though the odds are you will not need it. See Vernon Gholston .

Thanks for posting OP :up:

And with offset language. Go, management! I love their hard-stance on this, especially for a risky pick like this one and Tanny, even if they do give a bit back in return.

The NFL is about to feel the wrath of...............................THE PRAYING MANTIS

RPFTSBCZZFMRHRA20120913170319-1.jpg

imagesqtbnANd9GcRvwh5zlvlwcZI2K5CRaszsQ5-1.jpg

The NFL is about to feel the wrath of...............................THE PRAYING MANTIS

RPFTSBCZZFMRHRA20120913170319-1.jpg

imagesqtbnANd9GcRvwh5zlvlwcZI2K5CRaszsQ5-1.jpg

:lol:

and his compadre "Mini Mantis"

Our defense has a chance to be special with all these added play makers :woot:

Our defense has a chance to be special with all these added play makers :woot:[/QUOTE]

This could be a fun Defense to watch? just like the days of Zach, JT, O-Gun, Surtain and Madison!!!

Our defense has a chance to be special with all these added play makers :woot:

This could be a fun Defense to watch? just like the days of Zach, JT, O-Gun, Surtain and Madison!!![/QUOTE]I'd set my sights a little higher, I want a defense that is fun to watch and finishes games late in the season.

Wow! I was so nervous on this one. I really felt a holdout. Props to Jeff, Dawn, the agent and Dion for getting it done. Hope he is cleared to play full go.

Caps off an excellent offseason.

Next Defensive Player of The Year Candidate.

[video=youtube;mKVs3NIJuDE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKVs3NIJuDE[/video]

Nice, see everyone there was really nothing to worry about. I never thought it would be a major issue and I even thought he would miss a day, maybe two of camp. Today was only a report day, not the official first day of training camp, so there is no "holdout" and there is no 3 day waiting period of no pads.

Since early May when PFT made the first story about the Dolphins wanting offset language there were plenty of threads and posts talking about this issue. A lot of Ireland and Aponte bashing of a speculated scenario that Jordan would be a lengthy holdout over offset language. I remember one poster said that this would be a big issue because Jordan was a defensive end and not a quarterback. Huh?

At the end of the day the Dolphins got the offset language they wanted, like they always do. There is no holdout, Ireland and Aponte aren't sending Jordan back into the draft next year and the speculated major issue never happened. Next year the Dolphins will insist on offset language with their 2014 1st rounder, people will be up in arms against the team again and then the Dolphins will win the battle once again and there won't be any long term holdouts.

Go Dolphins!

Indeed, in hindsight, it looks like there was only a 1% chance of Jordan holding out. So about as much chance as the team moving. Either way, im glad the debate over "is holding out a big deal?" is finally decided. 5 pages of celebration about no one holding out seems to have decided that discussion point quite aptly. Unlike some posts people repeatedly made, it seems the forum does in fact believe its a negative for players to miss even a small amount of training camp.

As for Jordan, im thankful he didnt let our front offices short sighted "principled stand" get in the way of joining the team. He either 1) bought into the coaching staff, 2) bought into the locker room, 3) just frigging loves football. Or perhaps all 3. In any case, i approve. The guy is a great addition to this franchise.

My understanding of the new CBA is that 1st round picks #'s 1-16 can be signed to 5 year deals. If that is true, wonder why they didn't try to get Dion Jordan for 5 years instead of 4? Maybe there is an option for a 5th year? I could have mis-understood the CBA changes for 1st round picks. Can anyone please verify?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom